Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Could this Bulls team compete next season?

Deng was just traded, Bynum was waived. It looks like they're going to amnesty Boozer at the end of this season. They can bring Mirotic over next season. What if they sign Melo during the offseason?

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Taj
    SF: Melo
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: ?
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: Snell
    SG: Hinrich
    PG: Augustin

Default Re: Could this Bulls team compete next season?

Would love to see the Bobcats end up in the Playoffs or land the 11th, 12th, or 13th pick so we could pair it with our own 1st rounder this year. Either have 2 chances to land some decent talent, or try to move up.

Also, what happens with that Kings pick Chicago got in the Deng trade? Pretty sure it's top 12 protected this year, does it ever become unprotected?

Wouldn't mind seeing Melo come in, in fact that might be the best thing for Derrick Rose. No doubt Melo would improve the offense, and I really think the culture of the team could help his defense. If we have a team good enough for a real chance at a Championship, I could see him going all in. But we will likely have to pitch him something as good as LA.

Your lineup seems like best case before we bring any rookies in. Would be absolutely awesome to have that and land a 7 footer to backup Noah.

I know Melo doesn't play defense like Thibs would like. But he's exactly the type of scorer the Bulls have needed for a long time now. If Rose can come back and stay healthy and the Bulls have Melo this team can be back competing really soon and don't have to go through a full rebuilding phase. I think being on the Bulls Melo could be motivated to play better defense and play team ball. It would be a great situation for him to be in to try and win a championship. The Bulls need a legit superstar to play alongside Rose. They could sign Melo and use their draft picks to draft a back up Center and a back up 2 guard. I think a core of Noah, Rose, Melo, Butler, Taj and Mirotic could compete for a championship.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Would love to see the Bobcats end up in the Playoffs or land the 11th, 12th, or 13th pick so we could pair it with our own 1st rounder this year. Either have 2 chances to land some decent talent, or try to move up.

Also, what happens with that Kings pick Chicago got in the Deng trade? Pretty sure it's top 12 protected this year, does it ever become unprotected?

Wouldn't mind seeing Melo come in, in fact that might be the best thing for Derrick Rose. No doubt Melo would improve the offense, and I really think the culture of the team could help his defense. If we have a team good enough for a real chance at a Championship, I could see him going all in. But we will likely have to pitch him something as good as LA.

Your lineup seems like best case before we bring any rookies in. Would be absolutely awesome to have that and land a 7 footer to backup Noah.
    Kings pick, as I understand it, is top 12 protected this year, then top 10 protected the following two years, then it becomes a second round pick.

That team could certainly contend and beat any team in the NBA in a seven game series.

The only unknowns would be Rose's health and Melo's integration.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Kings pick, as I understand it, is top 12 protected this year, then top 10 protected the following two years, then it becomes a second round pick.
    Not cool. Wouldn't bet on Chicago cashing in on it being a first rounder then.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Any team with Melo will tease, but not compete. Hate me for saying it, but it's true and a total waste of time and effort to bother going after him.

^you're crazy. Melo is one of the best SFs in the league. Durant doesn't play any better defense. In a system that holds him accountable on defense and doesn't depend on him to play hero ball he can be the go-to-guy in a title squad.

I just feel like...you know, there's no damn hope for this team to truly compete until the Miami Heat as we know them are gone.

Welcome to hell, fellas. Burning hot since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I just feel like...you know, there's no damn hope for this team to truly compete until the Miami Heat as we know them are gone.

Welcome to hell, fellas. Burning hot since 1999.

They are showing signs of wear and tear though [Miami]. It could be sooner than we think. At any rate this franchise needs 2-3 years of development and deft moves to be a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    They are showing signs of wear and tear though [Miami]. It could be sooner than we think. At any rate this franchise needs 2-3 years of development and deft moves to be a contender.
    You aren't wrong. I have just lost faith due to the constant misfortune with the Bulls, and Chicago sports in general. The Bulls have all the opportunity in the world to remake this roster and skip the usual woes of a rebuilding process. It's a rare situation with the cap room, assets, and picks.

The Bulls don't need to go through an entire rebuilding phase. They're set right now that they can sign a big free agent this summer, get Rose healthy, keep Noah, Taj, Butler, Snell, Augustin, Hinrich. Bring Mirotic over for next season. Draft or sign another 2 guard and a back up Center.

I really think Melo on the Bulls would be a great situation. With a healthy Rose, and playing with Noah, Taj, Butler and Hinrich Melo has to realize this is the best chance he has at winning a championship. The Bulls have needed someone like Melo for years now. They need that guy who can score like him and take over games offensively. A healthy Rose, a motivated Melo along with great defense played by Taj, Noah and Butler this team can compete with anyone.

Saw a basketball once

That team could compete. Only issue is where do you
    Get the money to sign Melo. Even with the amnesty Bulls will have roughly 45 million tied up and then you got to factor in Mirotic's salary and there's maybe 8-10 million in in cap space. That's not getting you Melo