Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #16
SD Sports Guy
I airball my layups

SD Sports Guy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

Gotta agree that it's New Orleans. However, Utah and Toronto would both be strong contenders with Maggette. O'Neal's obviously the key in Toronto. If he can play 70 games and give the Raptors 17 pts, 11 rbs, and 2 blks a game then Toronto's a 50-55 win team. Now that it's Calderon's team, I'm expecting big things north of the border. All they need now is a solid backup point guard.

Sam Mitchell worries me a bit with some of his decisions and rotations...but hopefully he'll step it up this season.
SD Sports Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
SD Sports Guy
I airball my layups

SD Sports Guy has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

Orlando does need a guy who can score from the shooting guard position. However, I think their top priority should be to acquire a PF/Backup Center. With Hedo and Rashard filling it up from outside, they need a banger who can grab some boards, knock down a 12-15 foot jumper, and take some of the pressure off DHoward. David Lee would be the perfect guy for the Magic.
SD Sports Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
hippos
Banned

hippos has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Sorry to break the news to ya, that team isn't winning a title.

Will I ever be a millionaire?
hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why were the Cavs not included on this list? He may be able to help them more than any other team listed and they are clearly on his radar according to recent articles.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #20
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Sports Guy
Gotta agree that it's New Orleans. However, Utah and Toronto would both be strong contenders with Maggette. O'Neal's obviously the key in Toronto. If he can play 70 games and give the Raptors 17 pts, 11 rbs, and 2 blks a game then Toronto's a 50-55 win team. Now that it's Calderon's team, I'm expecting big things north of the border. All they need now is a solid backup point guard.

Sam Mitchell worries me a bit with some of his decisions and rotations...but hopefully he'll step it up this season.
but theres only 82 games
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:17 PM   #21
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Spurs become the best team with Maggette bc they are already a superior team and he fills a void at that shooting guard position
bump
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #22
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Quote:
Orlando does need a guy who can score from the shooting guard position. However, I think their top priority should be to acquire a PF/Backup Center. With Hedo and Rashard filling it up from outside, they need a banger who can grab some boards, knock down a 12-15 foot jumper, and take some of the pressure off DHoward. David Lee would be the perfect guy for the Magic.

Great call....
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 PM   #23
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

New Orleans is the best fit but San Antonio gives him the best chance at a ring.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:53 PM   #24
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Why were the Cavs not included on this list? He may be able to help them more than any other team listed and they are clearly on his radar according to recent articles.

Nobody takes the Cavs seriously. I'm not sure I blame them given our history, and the fact that we have Mike Brown and Danny Ferry running things.

If this Hickson guy doesn't pan out, I may just well have come to a decision on Ferry's abilities to put quality guys on the floor. His only saving grace is if he can turn Wally and Wallace's expiring contracts into something good.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 PM   #25
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

my vote goes to phoenix or toronto

he can give an outside attack plan to either team, but has a great PG if he heads to phoenix
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #26
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I've been saying this all year , someone who can bang and hit a 12-15 jumper from the post spot so u can throw in to them.
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: