Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Arrow Pat Riley sent LeBron a lot of emails and texts in free agency but got ignored.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,3283795.story

''I went into it with the thought and the notion that he was coming back," Riley said, "and I was selling that to players, I believed that firmly, so I was selling that to players. And that's the only way I went into it. I let him know that. He never said to me, 'No, don't do that.' ''

"I don't think I was misled. But I don't think I was encouraged either. That's business."

Riley said he did not hear from James during the free agent process.

"I sent him a lot of emails and texts," Riley said. "I was communicating a lot with him. No response."
    Wow. LeBron is a classless POS. First we see that he didn't even once thank Heat fans and now he straight up ignored the man that is the primary reason he is even a "champion" in the first place. And just when you thought LeBron couldn't do anything to appear more disrespectful....
    Last edited by russwest0; 07-31-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Default Re: Pat Riley sent LeBron a lot of emails and texts in free agency but got ignored.

WWE league. Both guys knew his decision well in advance of FA.

Default Re: Pat Riley sent LeBron a lot of emails and texts in free agency but got ignored.

after all the hooplah about him going back to Cleveland, you kind of realize this guy is still an asshole and cant help but think he did it for selfish reasons rather than the reasons he wrote in his letter.

And ppl were giving Riley all the credit for all their FA signings It was LeBron who got the Big 3 together, Miller, RayRay, etc. and not Riley. All Riley did was draft Shabazz thinking that would pursuade LeBron lmao! A rookie having an impact on a top-10 all time's decision...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    after all the hooplah about him going back to Cleveland, you kind of realize this guy is still an asshole and cant help but think he did it for selfish reasons rather than the reasons he wrote in his letter.
    It's just some cowardly shit that we haven't really seen from a true "superstar" before.

Remember when someone asked LeBron about going back to Cleveland last year and he said "I'm not going back to cold winters." That was all before they got yet another 1st overall pick to land Wiggins so now he tries to spin it as if he's the good guy, the hero with "I'm coming home!"

But yeah, zero loyalty from that chump. And to not even communicate with Riley or respond to him? Goddamn.....

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    First we see that he didn't even once thank Heat fans
    Thank them for what? Leaving when they thought their team had no chance of winning the game? We all know majority of Heat fans are bandwagoners. You really want to thank those kind of ppl?

NBA rookie of the year

That's just how he and his group of cronies conduct business. You would think he'd show a little bit of gratitude towards Riley, who had his back from day 1 when he came to Miami. This was the same guy who released a statement to the AP, telling Danny Ainge to "STFU", when he criticized LeBron about complaining about hard fouls. Riley can't be too upset though, he did the same thing to Cavs in 2010 to come to Miami. It all just came full circle.

Riley acting like a desperate BF/GF trying to keep the loved one from walking away.

old man is salty

making shit up to keep that heart failure away for few more months

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Thank them for what? Leaving when they thought their team had no chance of winning the game? We all know majority of Heat fans are bandwagoners. You really want to thank those kind of ppl?
    Have you met any of the Heat fans on this forum? They all seem like pretty good people to me

Local High School Star

Have you met any of the Heat fans on this forum? They all seem like pretty good people to me

Russ, were you laughing as you typed that?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Lebron is full of shit.

Trying to spin his jerk image and people are falling for it.

Well the ones who stayed Heat fans are anyways.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

so, basically, pat riley lied to and misled granny danger and mcbob. Lebron was under no obligation to talk to him. he even told pat that he needed to talk to him through his agent.