Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2012 Miami Heat vs. 2002 Sacramento Kings

Who wins in this fantasy match up??

Key Role players: Shane Battier for the Heat, and Bobby Jackson for the Kings.

Love Live Life

Default Re: 2012 Miami Heat vs. 2002 Sacramento Kings

That matchup has bee done before on here.

I got the Kings and we all know you got the Heat

Banned

The idea of the Heat trying to answer Webber/Divac with all that talent surrounding them is hilarious.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Who on Sacramwnto would stop LeBron? Heat in 6.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Tough matchup. It would be interesting to see if LeBron would cover Webber or Peja.

The Kings also could outrebound them. Both teams have great offense and passing. The heat could spread the floor better and have better 3pt shooters, but the Kings aren't bad either and they have a better inside presence.

And this is 2012 Heat, correct? Before Chris Anderson was on the team?

If so, then I would say the Kings. It also kind'a depends on how healthy the Heat were (Bosh and Wade), but Kings had better talent and better teamplay than most teams that they faced. It also depends how healthy the Kings were too. Peja was injured during the playoffs if I can recall, so he couldn't contribute as much as he could. Correct me if I'm wrong tho. The Kings were similar to the Spurs 2013, but I think the Kings 02 are better. They are arguably the best team to never to win a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Shaq was more unstoppable than LeBron, and the Kings pushed the series to seven games. Plus game six was really shady.
    Last edited by Micku; 11-27-2013 at 08:57 PM.

The 2012 Miami Heat beat superiors teams in the playoffs. The Celtics (1st),Bulls (2nd)and Pacers (6th-7th) were elite defensive teams during that time. and they beat a thunders team in the finals who dominated the competitions in the Western Conference.

Thunder only won 1 game because they were the worst defensive team among the Heat's opponents in the playoffs They were a very good offensive team, but Harden choked in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Tough matchup. It would be interesting to see if LeBron would cover Webber or Peja.

The Kings also could outrebound them. Both teams have great offense and passing. The heat could spread the floor better and have better 3pt shooters, but the Kings aren't bad either and they have a better inside presence.

And this is 2012 Heat, correct? Before Chris Anderson was on the team?

If so, then I would say the Kings. It also kind'a depends on how healthy the Heat were (Bosh and Wade), but Kings had better talent and better teamplay than most teams that they faced. The Kings were similar to the Spurs 2013, but I think the Kings 02 are better. They are arguably the best team to never to win a championship.

Shaq was more unstoppable than LeBron, and the Kings pushed the series to seven games. Plus game six was really shady.

2012 Lebron was almost as good as Prime Shaq in the playoffs. 30/10/7/2/1 on 50 FG% against some a gritty and elite defensive teams. Both Wade and Bosh were healthier, and they were much better in the playoffs compared to the 2013 Wade and Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    2012 Lebron was almost as good as Prime Shaq in the playoffs. 30/10/7/2/1 on 50 FG% against some a gritty and elite defensive teams. Both Wade and Bosh were healthier, and they were much better in the playoffs compared to the 2013 Wade and Bosh.
    Not trying to discredit LeBron and his stellar play of the 2012 playoffs. I was commenting about how Shaq was unstoppable too, and the Kings pushed it to seven games. And I don't think the Heat are better than the 2002 Lakers too, but that's another topic. He still didn't attract the defense that Shaq did,and the teams that they faced weren't as good offensively than the Kings except for the Thunder.

The Kings were very good defensively (better than the Thunder), as good as the Thunder offensively except they have better teamplay, and they beat the Heat at one of their weakness (rebounding). The Kings had a better coach. They also beat them at inside play with post players.

It would be a very tough series, especially without a guy like Chris Anderson to help them out. Imo, the Kings were better than any team that Miami faced that year in the playoffs, and they were a bit better than the Spurs 2013.
    Last edited by Micku; 11-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    who can stop cwebb

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    prime shaq is 60 fg% 35ppg,15rebs,4 blks any given night 月and it is not even close

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

2 of my all time fav team.

If I have to I would put my money on the Heat, because LeBron is by far the best player on the court and just the idea of Peja or Christie trying to guard LeBron...

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine
    2 of my all time fav team.

If I have to I would put my money on the Heat, because LeBron is by far the best player on the court and just the idea of Peja or Christie trying to guard LeBron...
    Christie is a good defender. I dunno how well he would do on LeBron. I know he did pretty solid on Kobe during the 2002 series.

The Heat in 6

The Kings had too many cry babies to beat the Heat

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    prime shaq is 60 fg% 35ppg,15rebs,4 blks any given night and it is not even close
    ???

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Christie is a good defender. I dunno how well he would do on LeBron. I know he did pretty solid on Kobe during the 2002 series.

Yeah, but I mean Lebron is much bigger than kobe is.