Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Ok we can't compare Lebron to MJ yet but is he the most exciting NBA player you ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    I like how Lebron can turn the simplest plays into something you will be talking about in the parking lot on the way home after the game.

And he has been doing this since 2005 which is why I have to see the man play. He adds excitement to the NBA. Jordan did too but his style wasn't about POWER and HIGH FLYING, more of a smooth skilled and killer jumpshot
    Don't get me wrong LeBron is exciting as hell but just isn't right at the top for me. He'll just barrel into the lane for 2 points and he's 6'8 250+ so it doesn't look all that exciting. Makes some nice passes, but his effectiveness is more about his efficiency/all around attack these days. Still has crazy hops, and those chase down blocks are sick but even at his peak I would rather watch a few other guys over him.

Hated Kobe but that one stretch of 50 point games was insane, when he heats up it's crazy. Watching a 6 foot Iverson tear apart defenses was insane. VC in Toronto had probably the best hops we've seen IMO, T-Mac had a really smooth scoring game. Shaq made grown men look like boys, kinda similar to LeBron.

Only nitpicking because the thread says the most exciting. He's without question one of, just don't think the undisputed most exciting player of his own era, let alone all time.

Default Re: Ok we can't compare Lebron to MJ yet but is he the most exciting NBA player you ever

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    MJ is by far the most exciting player ever to lace them up. A high flyer, elite scorer, smooth skill, sweet jumper, thunderous and acrobatic dunks, great team defender, lock down man defender, intensity and charisma that was palpable.

He intimidated opponents, he inspired generations of other players. He always rose to the occasion, meeting and exceeding even the absurd amount of hype. Never buckled. Played the best on the biggest stages: playoff and Finals. You could always count on Jordan to deliver.

MJ phukked pressure in the ass, on the national stage.

Never buckling underneath it like the game's current best player.
    Except Jordan has. See Detroit series.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Except Jordan has. See Detroit series.
    Yea, he carried them in that series in '89 and '90. My man didn't quit or have atrocious showings, disappearing acts ala LeBron in 2010 and 2011.

The fact you're even trying to insinuate or turn a 31 point performance into the choke jobs that were LeBron in 2010 and 2011 clearly shows you live in a false reality, and reveals your LeBron jock riding status confirmed.

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Magic Johnson

Yea, he carried them in that series in '89 and '90. My man didn't quit or have atrocious showings, disappearing acts ala LeBron in 2010 and 2011.

The fact you're even trying to insinuate or turn a 31 point performance into the choke jobs that were LeBron in 2010 and 2011 clearly shows you live in a false reality, and reveals your LeBron jock riding status confirmed.
    Huh? I'm talking about Game 5 89 ECF. He took 8 shots. Took one shot (which he airballed) in the 4th quarter. This was after being up 2-1 in the series, and a poor showing in game 4.

I'd say that pretty atrocious; as close as you can get to a disappearing act. Announcers were saying the same shit too.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan76
    saw??

I mean this dude gives you a show on offense and defense which is why he is so fun to watch. Now MJ was just flat out good and better than everyone but not as exciting as Lebron on the break and when it comes to playing defense.

Prime example was tonight when he was beasting in the wizards game. So are we all in agreement that Lebron is the most exciting player you ever seen in the NBA?

I never seen anyone play like this dude before
    Get the fukk outta here.

Allen Iverson was fun even though I hated him. Mike goes without saying. Penny Hardaway seemed like the future for a while. Recently, last 10 years or so obviously Kobe and Lebron. T MAC for the Penny factor. Probably throw in D Rose. Its tough to say exciting, how do you define it. Dominance wise Mike, Kareem, Shaq and Hakeem. Attitude Mike, Kobe and AI. Maybe Garnett. Oh, Clyde The Glyde and Dominique Wilkens were always fun to watch because they always did some gravity defying shit and most kids had their posters or cards.

MJ, Kobe, AI, Tmac, Rose, Wade (prior to Lebron joining) are all more fun and exciting to watch.

MJ, Kobe, and Wade are the funnest players to watch. Lebron is fun to watch only when he's loose and actually having fun playing. Other times, he's pretty stiff and repetitive. Snooze fest.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    MJ, Kobe, and Wade are the funnest players to watch. Lebron is fun to watch only when he's loose and actually having fun playing. Other times, he's pretty stiff and repetitive. Snooze fest.
    This

Serious playground baller

Sorry, but out of all of the "A" level superstars, Lebron's game is by FAR the ugliest. Like dead serious. I'm one of the few people who appreciate is talents, but don't find his playing amusing at all. His game isn't fluid, it is just ugly. No aesthetics in his game at ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    His own teammate D-Wade is more exciting than him. More dribble moves, fakes, circus layups, game winning defensive plays (no one is better than Wade at this), blocks on 7 footers, better posterizations, quicker 1st step, etc.
    This.

But he has crazy skills and his passing amazes me at times.

Come on now. Watching Lebron charge the length of the court in like 2 seconds to throw down some of the meanest tomahawk dunks youve ever seen has been awesome to watch these last 10 years. Id love to sit courtside and see that guy play live.

Lebron is not even close to the most exciting player I've ever seen in the NBA.

Even excluding MJ, you've got players like Magic, Kobe, Vince Carter, Dominique, T-Mac, Dr. J, Bird, D-Wade, etc. All more exciting than Lebron, IMO.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Lebron played well in 2010 vs Boston. He averaged like 28-9-8 on 46% fg and shut down Pierce. Lebron nearly even had 30-20-10 in game 6. Don't repeat the media lies about 2010. The only series Lebron did not play up to par is 2011 Dallas.