Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #61
Roundball_Rock
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: As great as MJ was, I am not sure if I want to see another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Or without Pippen everybody else had to step it up and there efficiency dropped. Common sense to assume efficiency could drop when asked to do more. When Pippen comes back and everyone assumes there regular roles and doesn't have to do as much there efficiency goes back to normal ...

Funny since when it was Jordan who was removed from the equation in 94' efficiency increased...

As to the OP, the same thing can be done for any era and numerous legends, even someone like Duncan who is a legend but not a GOAT candidate.
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #62
Ikill
i be killah swag

You kind of have a point the last three years or so the media has really tried hard to shove Kobe and Lebron down are throats and completely overhyping them. As a result a lot of other star players have been undervalued and underrated. Like i want to see another Jordan but i don't want everyone to get all obsessed over finding him. MJ dominated in a completely different way than any one had before no one had expected it and thats why the next mj won't be some super hyped kid coming out of high school.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #63
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micku
That is probably the worst statement to be made in basketball, a team sport. That's the type of attitude that won't win the championship.

That along winning. Barkley not to mention had a higher winning % than Jordan did from 87-91. Jordan won when Pippen go the creating options as Point-F.

Barkley never had when healthy as good player as Pippen.

STFU
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 09:41 PM   #64
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound
That along winning. Barkley not to mention had a higher winning % than Jordan did from 87-91. Jordan won when Pippen go the creating options as Point-F.

Barkley never had when healthy as good player as Pippen.

STFU

Jordan won when he had a great teammates and coaching staff, but that is besides the point what I was trying to make with your statement in your previous post. This is a team game and should be play as such. If not then you will be label as a loser in the professionals. It's also the reason why Duncan is consider better the best PF. His stats aren't shinny as Malone or Barkley but he won.

As for Barkley and team records doing better than Jordan, it depends what you mean. In the 86-87 season, his team sort'a sucked. His teammates and the coaching staff was just ecky. Similar to Barkley in the 87-88 season and onwards. While Barkley work in Philly at first seemed to shine since the 76ers were champions the two years prior to Barkley debut with Moses and Dr. J. Maybe with MJ, they might've had a similar success and fail in pilly.

Regardless, MJ always did get the best stats, better defender, along with the most WS too. He played better at both ends of the floor. MJ started out with a crappy team, but they landed some great players.

But you are overrating Pippen to a degree. Pippen and Grant were no were near the players they were in the 90s. In the 88, Pippen and Grant were bench players. They were rookies.They weren't no where near as good defensively or offensively as oppose to later on in their careers. I won't argue that the Bulls landed some great role players along with a great coaching staff. Phil Jackson turned the team to a better defensive team overall. And when he took charge, that allowed other players to touch the ball and Jordan worked on his post game a lot more.

But MJ had the most wins ratio than Barkley ever since 88. He burned Barkley in the dust and didn't look back. He surprised in the playoffs when Barkley fell short. If Barkley had a better team, it would've been interesting, but the same goes with Hakeem, George Gervin and Adrian Dantley. Barkley had his chance, but couldn't get over the hump.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:50 AM   #65
KG5MVP
Banned

bump
KG5MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #66
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batz
Raptors fan here. Telling you to shut the fuck up.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #67
Quickz
Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Am I the only one who's notices MJ's Hitler mustache in his new Hanes commercial? Has there been a thread on this already? I feel it needs discussion if there hasn't.

haha I know this is out of place, but I noticed the exact same thing the first time I saw this commercial... I love MJ but that stash was just bad, the hitler patch doesn't fly for most people, but hey if you're MJ you can do whatever I guess lol!
Quickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #68
KG5MVP
Banned

dang
KG5MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #69
Round Mound
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5MVP
If Pippen was really that good it would of showed on the stats, whether it's PER, winshare, or anyother. But pippen really isn't flashy on the stats.

Its because he was the Point-Forward and player with the Best Desicion Making, Best Defensive Perimeter Playe Ever, Could Guard 1-4) and Least Selfish Player of the Bulls. Scottie`s respnsabilities where even more than those Jordan had under the triangle.

When Jordan left Pippen became 4th In PER for that 1993-94 season. He prooved he was a Superstar not just an All Star. I was there alive to see it and was so happy because then u understood what a Great Team and coach MJ had and reality regarding the level of Pippen
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #70
whoartthou
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Its not even about putting him on the ignore list because you can still see his retarded topics on the front page. The best solution would be to ban this dumb ****.

yep.. ban him because he does not suck kobe's c0ck like you do
whoartthou is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: