Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Is Noah the worst player to be named first team all-NBA?

By a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Ralph Beard
    Gene Shue
    Truck Robinson
    Gene Shue and Truck Robinson, yes. In fact, I came here to post Truck Robinson's name. But Ralph Beard? He was on track to be a superstar before being banned from the league - he was a great player and one of the big names in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Gene Shue and Truck Robinson, yes. In fact, I came here to post Truck Robinson's name. But Ralph Beard? He was on track to be a superstar before being banned from the league - he was a great player and one of the big names in basketball.
    True about Beard, but it never panned out for various reasons.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    Spree also has a selection. Noah also has just one all-NBA selection.
    Spreewell was a far more effective player than Noah is.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Does it matter? You dudes that are obsessed with comparing modern basketball to old greats is fanatic, and kinda weird how so much thought is put into that. The game is different. The thread just seems like it's trying to diminish him, but not all is as it seems.

He's just as good if not better than a lot of players on that list. And I won't even humor telling you which ones because it will just feed into the BS I hate.
    I am interested in your thoughts. My mind is not made up.

Center position in the east has long been exceptionally weak and has provided historical oddities like Jamaal Magloire in the all star game. It would seem that the worst all nba first teamer would be an eastern conference center. It would not be his fault obviosly.

I for one would be tempted to take Noah over Harden. But it is not clear cut and he is the only one I can see a case for Noah over.

Noah does many things that are rare and more important than scoring. I am glad he has gotten recognition.

Banned

Lmao bulls fans are insecure as f*ck

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Kobe Bryant

NBA All-star

he stole Billups spot.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nah. Like I said, pointless. I could type up three pages on the names and why
    You couldnt do a good job of it.

You have to seperate reality from hating. Now...is this a likely hating topic? Sure. But that doesnt mean its unreasonable to consider. If the Warriors win 65 games...and Steph puts up 25/8/5 maybe he gets the MVP...he could deserve it.

But that doesnt make him Wilt, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Oscar, Russell, Kareem, and so on. It doesnt make him the equal...of most MVPs.

Noah deserving the spot last year(Very arguable that he did) has nothing to do with if hes better than anyone else who ever made it.

Hes clearly not held to the standard of greatness most of them are.

You get to the worst guys....you can argue you would rather have him due to team fit. But the question of him being among the worst...on a list of greats...is easily defended.

You have to go back well over 30 years to find anyone Noah is likely considered nearly the equal of of he had his season while they had their season that landed them on the first team. I wouldnt trade him for James Harden....because I dont like Hardens game and im a defense first guy. And I think one would have to consider Noah vs Gus Williams...but hes not as highly regarded as Gus was in his day dropping 30+ a game to knock Kareem out of the playoffs.

You could talk about Truck Robinson....but he was only the 8th or 9th best player on the all nba teams that year. He just got in in a position of weakness because the NBA counted Thompson as a guard instead of a forward like the previous year...and Elvin Hayes was an asshole everyone hated. But plenty of people on the second team were considered better than Truck...guys like Kareem and Pistol Pete.

Truck was an unusual case of a first teamer nowhere close to an elite player....which is what Noah was.

Bringing it up may reek of an "agenda" and be hating based...but that doesnt mean it isnt true.

Being on the low end of the best...is still being one of the best.

In many many seasons you could argue Noah last year...would be worse than everyone who made the third team. There have been all nba third teams dripping in HOF talent.

Stockton, Joe Dumars, Hakeem, James Worthy, and Bernard King was the 3rd team one year...

Drexler, David Robinson, Dumars, Mullin, and Worthy in another...

Its no insult to be on the low end of all nba players. Even if the person saying it...intends it as an insult.

Just being grouped with the players needed to make the point is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You couldnt do a good job of it.

You have to seperate reality from hating. Now...is this a likely hating topic? Sure. But that doesnt mean its unreasonable to consider. If the Warriors win 65 games...and Steph puts up 25/8/5 maybe he gets the MVP...he could deserve it
    My reality is actual reality. While a Bulls fan, I am no Joakim Noah fan boy, and have never acted the part here on ISH. I even posted on this very forum a few days ago that Joakim has been a step behind guys all season long(though it's injuries holding him back, it's still a fact). You're right, I probably wouldn't do a great job at going into all of this worthless bullshit you guys love. I don't have as much practice arguing about pointless topics as most here. Which is why I refuse to humor the thread with specific names, it'll result in a bunch of heated headcases making this a 10 page ordeal with insults and the works.

I said it earlier, there are at least 2 players who have made first team all NBA since the 90's that Joakim Noah is more valuable and a better player than. Or at least you can make a damn good argument. So really, this topic, as we both have figured, is just another tool for someones agenda.

Joakim Noah's ability to anchor a teams defense while being able to run the offense is a very, very rare ability for an NBA big. Though his greatness doesn't shine through box scores and per game stats, he is a great NBA player that deserved the first team all-NBA. And by no means is he the worst player to even be honored with it.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 12-21-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nah. If thats all that mattered to you you wouldnt take offense to the idea of people discussing where he stands on the list...not if he should be on it.

On every list of greats there can still be a ranking.

Everyone on the NBAs top 50....is a legend. Doesnt make it unreasonable to say Parish isnt as good as Kareem or to discuss such matters.

That you say there are 2 guys you could at least make an argument for say enough.

It isnt a long list. Its fair to discuss.

he was good last year And it's the East

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Nah. If thats all that mattered to you you wouldnt take offense to the idea of people discussing where he stands on the list...not if he should be on it.
    If I took offense, I'd be here in the thick of things debating with you and doing big write-ups.

It would be fair to discuss if I was discussing this topic anywhere but ISH. Debating with you(who I know is a great poster) is not the same as debating with the ISH public. I pick my arguments here much better. It'll start with two names and a little write-up on my reasoning, then the explosion of 8-10 Bulls trolls that will reject absolutely everything regardless and stirring up ridiculous drama, all the while I waste my time continuing an argument that will bear no fruit or make no point. No thanks.

On every list of greats there can still be a ranking.
    There can still be ranking, but they don't mean a damn thing. At all.

Yes but he's a good player and I'd love to have him on the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by MUGEN
    he was good last year And it's the East
    All-NBA takes into account both conferences.