Local High School Star Ainosterhaspie's Avatar

Default Who is the GOAT NBA Dude? (Not the Same Thread at All)

So in that other thread it is posited that Riley is the GOAT NBA dude. The problem is that there is no way a dude is rocking those suits and that hair, ruling with that iron hand and pushing the intense conditioning, or knicks bruising style. Now I'm not looking necessarily for white Russians and bathrobes for an NBA dude, just saying Riley most certainlynisnt that guy. So who is the GOAT NBA dude?

Default Re: Who is the GOAT NBA Dude? (Not the Same Thread at All)

David Stern. Took the NBA from the post merger doldrums through the crack epidemic and in to the big times. Next would be MJ, without whom the NBA would have NFL level popularity worldwide. Without these two, no one would give a phuck how many rings anyone below on the GOAT list would have.

Wrong. You can't be a dude if you're the man.

Donald Sterlings mistress

Pete Maravich

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

I think Tim Duncan is probably one of the coolest guys. Superstar badass but really just did his thing.
    Played nerd D&D games and paintball battles on his property. Seems like a cool unpretentious guy who'd be happy just to
    chill and play video games.

Quote Originally Posted by meat View Post
    I think Tim Duncan is probably one of the coolest guys. Superstar badass but really just did his thing.
    Played nerd D&D games and paintball battles on his property. Seems like a cool unpretentious guy who'd be happy just to
    chill and play video games.
    I'm thinking this is Bill Walton. Very much a dude when he was a player, probably even more so now. His incoherent rambling while announcing pretty much solidify his status as a dude.

Bird also has that vibe. I mean the dude's out there paving his driveway destroying his back in the process and keeps on playing through the pain with abandon. Talking trash on the court, but kind of quiet instead of relishing media attention. He could be a total diva given how good and popular he was, but he wasn't about that. And am I remembering right he'd be out there mowing his lawn in Boston with gawkers checking him out. Didn't matter. Dude's gonna do dude things like mowing the lawn and paving the driveway. Then show up at the game talk a bunch of trash, do crazy stuff like shooting left handed the whole game, and be an ultimate teammate.