Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Los Angeles Lakers Will Probably Not Make The National Basketball Association Playoff

Each team has made significant improvements to their lineups.

The Playoff Seedings will probably be in this order:

1) Dallas Mavericks: They still have Dirk Nowitzki and with the additions of Austin Croshere, Maurice Ager, and Devean George. They might be a force to be reckoned with. Avery Johnson is a very good coach who gets the best out of his players.

2) San Antonio Spurs: They still have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Emanuel Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, and Michael Finley. With the addition of Francisco Elson, he makes the San Antonio Spurs tougher than they were in the Center position than last season.

3) Phoenix Suns: Steve Nash still mans the Point Guard position with Shawn Marion still on the wing. Raja Bell, Boris Diaw, and Leandrinho Barbosa are still there and with Amare Stoudemire coming back healthy, they just might be more dangerous next season.

4) Denver Nuggets: Carmelo Anthony will be leading the way assuming he'll be fully recovered. With a healthy Nene Hilario at Power Forward and a full season with Ruben Patterson who adds energy and toughness to this team, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. Denver Nuggets still have Marcus Camby, Kenyon Martin, Andre Miller, Eduardo Najera, Earl Boykins, and Jamal Sampson and J.R. Smith as the key new additions.

5) Houston Rockets: Tracy McGrady is coming back with a fury. He'll have something to prove. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are going to come together and get this team to the National Basketball Playoffs. With the addition of Shane Battier, Steve Novak, and Kirk Snyder, they might just be a force to be reckoned with. Even though they have All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard starting at the Power Forward position, they still need help at that position.

6) Los Angeles Clippers: Los Angeles Clippers still have their main core, but with the addition of Tim Thomas, he makes the Los Angeles Clippers stronger offensively and a major candidate to go far in the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

7) Sacramento Kings: A full season with Ron Artest will probably solidify the Sacramento Kings with a Playoff berth. Keep in mind they still have Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim. With a player named Pooh Jeter on your roster, how can you not make the National Basketball Association Playoffs??? Saramento Kings will make the National Basketball Association Playoffs.

8) New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets: They were a win or two away from making the National Basketball Association Playoffs with Chris Paul leading the way and with the additions of Pedrag Stoijakovic, Hilton Armstrong, Cedric Simmons, and Tyson Chandler, this will only solidify the chances of the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornets in making the National Basketball Association Playoffs. David West is still around and so is Desmond Mason.

If the New Orleans / Oklahoma City Hornet don't make it, then each team in the West has enough talent to make it to the number eight spot barring any injuries.

Saw a basketball once

I was kind of thinking the same thing. With the way the Lakers as a team ended the playoffs I thought they would add a key player to the team but they didn't(sorry I'm not a believer in Vlad Rad). Kobe's definitely going to have to have another incredible season or their playoff hopes are done.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Lakers have a shot at the 8 seed. I think ppl under estimate PJ Browns leadership in New Orleans. I agree with 1 - 7 fully.

The 8th seed could go a lot of ways.

Memphis was great last yr till Damon got hurt and adding Lowry and Gay in the draft should help them make another push for the playoffs. They are a very tough defencive team and I still they have one more deal to make.

Lakers - Phil and Kobe. They are always going to be competitive.

NO/Oklahoma - You already stated.

Utah - This team is a very solid team. Derek Fisher will help to push Deron into a top tier NBA point gaurd. AK47 and Boozer are one of the best rebounding duos in the game. There 2 spot is a little shaky but Brewer will develope into a solid two by years end. I think this will be a tough team to keep out if they are healthy.

Minny and Seattle are long shot but if they develope chemistry it could happen.

I usually hit open layups J-Memphis's Avatar

well the Mavs, Nuggets and Rockets are all "forces to be reckoned with"... if you include the E.C. exactly how many "forces" are there to be reckoned with in the league? 25? 28?

Honestly, Besides the Hornets these are just "safe" guesses for the playoffs. Most are teams who were there or missed it because of ridiculous injury. The Spurs wont be number 2. Theyll drop just a little. With Kobe, the Lakers have a better shot than the Kings before any season starts. And the Grizzlies have a good shot as they are a fantastic regular season team. They should make it, but well leave out the winning a game part for now.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    Lakers have a shot at the 8 seed. I think ppl under estimate PJ Browns leadership in New Orleans. I agree with 1 - 7 fully.

The 8th seed could go a lot of ways.

Memphis was great last yr till Damon got hurt and adding Lowry and Gay in the draft should help them make another push for the playoffs. They are a very tough defencive team and I still they have one more deal to make.

Lakers - Phil and Kobe. They are always going to be competitive.

NO/Oklahoma - You already stated.

Utah - This team is a very solid team. Derek Fisher will help to push Deron into a top tier NBA point gaurd. AK47 and Boozer are one of the best rebounding duos in the game. There 2 spot is a little shaky but Brewer will develope into a solid two by years end. I think this will be a tough team to keep out if they are healthy.

Minny and Seattle are long shot but if they develope chemistry it could happen.

You're right, I even kind of stated that the number eight spot could go to anyone.

Learning to shoot layups laker24's Avatar

1) Dallas Mavericks:
    2) San Antonio Spurs:
    3) Phoenix Suns
    4) Los Angeles Clippers
    5) Sacramento Kings
    6) Houston Rockets
    7) Denver Nuggets
    8) Hornets, Memphis, Lakers, jazz

Saw a basketball once

I strongly disagree that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. First of all, Radmanovic was a solid signing for the midlevel. He may not be the missing piece the Lakers needed, but he is perfect for the triangle which will highlight his main strength, shooting threes. Second, the Lakers have the best coach in the history of the game and they are beginning to understand the triangle. Third, they have Kobe Bryant and that is all I need to say. Finally, the Lakers are not done dealing. They have a major trade asset in Chris Mihm who has an expiring contract and is an attractive player for many teams because he is one of few solid centers remaining in the league.
    Also, there is no way Yao and McGrady will both stay healthy the entire season and get the 4 seed. The clippers are much better than them any way. The kings will barely make the playoffs because they are losing their best player in Bonzi. I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West.

Intelligent fan

I agree with everything you said Purple and Gold. Also,Lakers have hopefully an aggressive Lamar Odom who displayed to everybody at the playoffs that he still can play.

2) San Antonio Spurs: They still have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Emanuel Ginobili, Bruce Bowen, and Michael Finley. With the addition of Francisco Elson, he makes the San Antonio Spurs tougher than they were in the Center position than last season.
    Nazr was fantastic for them during the regular season. Nazr > Francisco.. just a little bit

5) Houston Rockets: Tracy McGrady is coming back with a fury. He'll have something to prove. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming are going to come together and get this team to the National Basketball Playoffs. With the addition of Shane Battier, Steve Novak, and Kirk Snyder, they might just be a force to be reckoned with. Even though they have All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard starting at the Power Forward position, they still need help at that position.
    no way they're higher than the clips. Also I think Bob Sura would need to be healthy if they are to make a push.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple and Gold
    Also, there is no way Yao and McGrady will both stay healthy the entire season and get the 4 seed. The clippers are much better than them any way. The kings will barely make the playoffs because they are losing their best player in Bonzi. I think the lakers have the potential to grab the 4-5 seed in the West.
    I have already stated by predictions but I won't be shocked if they geta 5 seed. I really think there will be a lot of teams very close to each other in the standing and whoever finishes the best will get a good seed.

rank sentamentalist

I think Denver and Sacramento will both be in the same boat as LAL, all competing for the last two or three spots, along with NOK, the Grizz, and possibly Utah or Minny. I think SA, Dallas, LAC, Pho, and Houston (barring major injuries, and in no order) will all be in teh top 5. The last three spots will go to Sac, LA, and Denver. But I'm a Lakers fan, so obviously I think they'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple and Gold
    I strongly disagree that the Lakers will not make the playoffs. First of all, Radmanovic was a solid signing for the midlevel. He may not be the missing piece the Lakers needed, but he is perfect for the triangle which will highlight his main strength, shooting threes. Second, the Lakers have the best coach in the history of the game and they are beginning to understand the triangle. Third, they have Kobe Bryant and that is all I need to say. Finally, the Lakers are not done dealing. They have a major trade asset in Chris Mihm who has an expiring contract and is an attractive player for many teams because he is one of few solid centers remaining in the league.
    There is no chance in hell the Lakers are good enough to get the 4 or 5. Kobe and Odom won't carry the team that far. The Jazz, Hornets and Grizzlies are all better than them because those teams have good chemistry. I just don't see the Lakers making it this year. IMO the west ends up like this:

1. Dallas Mavericks
    2. San Antonio Spurs
    3. Phoenix Suns
    4. Denver Nuggets
    5. Los Angeles Clippers
    6. Houston Rockets

At the end of the year I believe that the Hornets, Grizzlies, Kings, Jazz and Lakers all fight for the 7 and 8 seeds. In the end though I think that the Grizzlies experience puts them at the 7 and the Kings make it in the 8 only because of Ron Artest and Brad Miller. I don't think Kirilenko can lead that team. They will be good after Dee Brown and Deron Williams get more experience. Chris Paul will probably have another good year but that team was a little inconsistent last year.
    Last edited by Timmeh; 08-09-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Intelligent fan

Hornets? They got like 5 additions and they have good chemistry? :rollingeyes:

rank sentamentalist

I'm not all that high on Denver. I don't know why. Maybe some fans can set me straight. I haven't seen much from Nene. Camby is a walking, talking injury. Thye have no shooting guard. And I just don't think Melo is that franchise player everyone's billing him as, and to be. He just doesn't seem to have that ability, like Wade, Kobe, Bron, to take over a game. I haven't seen many of their games, so maybe it was just the certain games I saw, but that's my opinion on them at this point. The only player that I really like is Andre Miller, and even he seems to be slowing down.

Decent playground baller

I see The Lakers in almost the same position they were in the beginning of last season. They are one of the teams fighting for the last playoff spots. I'd say The Lakers have a fair chance of coming in as the 6th seed again, but I don't think they can get any higher. They are still a mediocre team and unless the big men can start producing consistantly and the PG play gets better, they going to be fighting for that final playoff spot.