Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Is this legit the greatest run of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue89
    Except the Bulls were 2-1 up in the series & were a LeBron GW away from taking a 3-1 lead.
    How did the Bulls get back in that game by the way?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

ITT fans of western teams that blow living vicariously through their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    This. We will never hear the Player takes X shots for Y points argument again by these efficiency elitists. This is actually team perfectly suited for a high-usage ball dominant/high volume shooting star player.

Also, you can't neglect the fact that basketball is played on both ends of the floor or at like the Cavs have some below average, run of the mill role players when Tristan Thompson is playing like Dennis Rodman and Delly is playing like Sidney Moncrief. Mozgov is playing like an elite rim protector right now, looking like Dwight in the post and Tristan Thompson might be the best offensive rebounder in the NBA, which is a huge key giving the Cavs so many second chance points. Shumpert is a good defender on the perimeter. You can't neglect that the Cavs defense have held the Warriors to 39 and 40% shooting in the games they won after 48% in regular season and have made the league MVP look so mediocre. Smith, Shumpert, James Jones, and Delladova are all very good 3P shooters also.
    Yet, even after losing last night, Golden St. is still considered the favorites in the series.

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

This run is easily better than Dirk's. His supporting cast of Jason Terry, Kidd, Marion & Chandler would all be starters on this hobbled up Cavs team.

Hakeem in 94 was amazing but this Warriors team would destroy that 55 Knicks team who's second option was literally a bag boy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Look man, just watching as a spectator. This is a pretty bad finals we are watching. If you don't agree, I don't know what to say.

Doesn't look like either team is running any plays or getting coached. Bron is doing EVERYTHING for a team that doesn't have another player that could sniff an All-Star team. Golden States MVP is shooting for shit and made up his FG% last night off 3s that didn't really matter. The Golden State defense, which was so highly vaunted, can't stop one man.

How is this NOT a weak Finals? I have nothing against 2012-2013. The Heat earned it. I have a thing against the 2013-2014 championship because the Spurs obviously deserved it.

Do I think this era is weaker than say the 80s? Yes. The 90s? Probably not. But we've pussified the league. Stern has went ahead and said that. But from mid 90s on, I would never say this age got weaker. The game changed. The floor is spread. We can't breathe on each other, literally, or it's a technical.

I have nothing against 2010 on. So here we go with nothing. Its a shitty finals man.
    What makes this Finals awful is that the Cavs have no business getting past Chicago much less winning 2 games against the best Western Conference team in the NBA Finals.

And the Heat last year could not stop a team that had an average age of 80 from scoring 80 points by halftime. Does that make last year's Finals awful?

You are getting an historic 67 win game team vs a out-manned, over matched "weak" Eastern conference team, and each game is being decided in the last 30 seconds of regulation or overtime...

That is not an awful Finals.

And I knew people, if the Cavs started to win, would start screaming about "weak era." For the last year I have not heard anything about a "weak era" only the "weak East." And something tells me if a certain player doesn't reach the Finals next year, ISH will drop the whole "weak conference/era" nonsense.

Just like ISH quickly dropped the whole "historically stacked Miami Heat" the second a certain player revealed that he was returning home.

I think its an amazing finals.... Fun shit

But something about the mavs championship year was far beyond crazy. Maybe because it meant more to.me for them to win, but i remember no one thinkings mavs would win from my circle.

Also the last celtics run people enjoyed alot... I didnt... But i heard them battling LA was dooe

And then off course Detriot winning one against that dream team was special...

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Look man, just watching as a spectator. This is a pretty bad finals we are watching. If you don't agree, I don't know what to say.
    It's a bad finals if you wanted GS to blow these guys out. I think Cavs fans and non-partisan fans are enjoying the heck out of it.

Tolerant Liberals

To all those claiming 2011 mavs, did you know that Jason terry averaged 17.5 ppg on .604 TS% with a 119 ORTG and 109 DRTG? Dirk only had an ORTG of 115 throughout the playoffs.

He was also surrounded by SOLID vets in jason kidd, shawn marion, and tyson chandler

Lets compare the supporting casts

Delly vs Kidd
    JR vs Terry
    Shumpert vs Marion
    Mozgov vs Chandler
    TT vs ???

You replace dirk with lebron on that 2011 mavs team and they probably sweep this warriors team

One of the greatest individual finals of all-time, no question.

Far as the playoffs in totality go? Nah. Some of Jordan, Bird and Magic's runs are right there.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    To all those claiming 2011 mavs, did you know that Jason terry averaged 17.5 ppg on .604 TS% with a 119 ORTG and 109 DRTG? Dirk only had an ORTG of 115 throughout the playoffs.

He was also surrounded by SOLID vets in jason kidd, shawn marion, and tyson chandler

Lets compare the supporting casts

Delly vs Kidd
    JR vs Terry
    Shumpert vs Marion
    Mozgov vs Chandler
    TT vs ???

You replace dirk with lebron on that 2011 mavs team and they probably sweep this warriors team
    Truth. Terry was cold-blooded in 2011.

He wasn't an allstar but he absolutely played like one

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    The new trend for Lebron stans.

Never mention fg%...ever.

40% playoff run.

36 shots per game in the finals.

Obscene.
    He's shooting over 42% in the playoffs.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    He's shooting over 42% in the playoffs.
    Not against teams with more wins than losses.

I don't think of the first round in the east as playoff basketball.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Not against teams with more wins than losses.

I don't think of the first round in the east as playoff basketball.

Neither is the first round in the west then.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    Neither is the first round in the west then.
    Is that why CP3 was crying?

dirk 2011 = goat run