Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: 2003 Western Conference Finals...

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    do you really believe this? the spurs without a prime duncan are basically the spurs now
    yeah and a young dirk was basically his equal. then again the mavs played out of their minds in game 1.

i think it would have went 7 with the spurs winning.

I remember when Nash flat out took over that b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch in the second half of game 5

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    yeah and a young dirk was basically his equal. then again the mavs played out of their minds in game 1.

i think it would have went 7 with the spurs winning.
    Nope, in no universe was Dirk ever Duncan's equal. Old, creaky knees Duncan of today STILL has more impact defensively than Dirk ever has. Dirk is the one starting to get massively overrated around here after this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    Nope, in no universe was Dirk ever Duncan's equal. Old, creaky knees Duncan of today STILL has more impact defensively than Dirk ever has. Dirk is the one starting to get massively overrated around here after this past year.
    Wait.. You think Duncan is still a better basketball player than Dirk? Like.. Today?

, but can I pose something? The Mavs got slightly better in this matchup when Dirk went down.

Duncan was owning his soul through 3 games {(look at stats). Nelly stupidly had Dirk guarding him and it just didn't work. Then when he went down, Nelly had to put Najera onDuncan, who played him very well. in fact, Duncan struggled against him. Finley got much better in the last few games.

Okay, they didn't get better, but they didn't getmuch worse.