Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Do you guys consider Kevin Love a player to build a franchise around?

Is he talented enough where if you were a GM you would want to build your team around him?

Also do you think he is the best PF today?

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Default Re: Do you guys consider Kevin Love a player to build a franchise around?

sure.
    yes.

Default Re: Do you guys consider Kevin Love a player to build a franchise around?

No, but he's a good pairing for a star wing.

It's easier to build around big men, and he can also shoot the 3PT so that would help a lot. I don't think is a franchise player but he can be a player to build around

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

No. But he's a great as the second guy. He gets a lot of stats but they don't impact the game like other players that may not have the stats but they do things that win or help win games. He's a one way player. He brings absolutely nothing on the defensive side.

Serious playground baller

Yes. One more big man and spread the floor.

You could probably win a title with Kevin Love as your first option on offense, but it would be more difficult than with some other stars.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

If the healthy Love we've seen so far this season, is in fact the kevin love we'll see for the next few years, then absolutely

Not only is he putting up 25+ points and double digits boards a game, but hes close to putting up 5 assists a game.

Guys like Kevin Love are great complimentary players.

Sure you can build around him, but it's easier in my opinion to build a team with him being the second guy

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Is he talented enough where if you were a GM you would want to build your team around him?
    Not him solely. He could probably be the leading scorer on a contending team, but he would need to be paired with a star guard. He's a very good player, but I don't think you can rely on him to create for himself and others consistently.

He doesn't have the physical tools to bully people in the post, or attack the basket. He doesn't have unblockable high percentage shots, like Dirk. He has a solid post game, but you can't always rely on it. He's not going to draw a lot of double teams. He's mostly an outside shooter, and will probably always need others to create space for him.

On the defensive end, he seems average. He doesn't have the size or athleticism to be a huge difference maker.

Also do you think he is the best PF today?
    It depends on what you need. I think if he was swapped with Blake Griffin, the Clippers would be much better. If he was swapped with Howard, I think the Rockets would be better. But the Timberwolves would also probably improve in those scenarios.

So, I think he could be considered the best, but he isn't clearly the best.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    No. But he's a great as the second guy. He gets a lot of stats but they don't impact the game like other players that may not have the stats but they do things that win or help win games. He's a one way player. He brings absolutely nothing on the defensive side.

this

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

The guy is seriously underrated here. There is not 10 players better than him in the league atm. So obviously the answer is yes.

dumb question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    The guy is seriously underrated here. There is not 10 players better than him in the league atm. So obviously the answer is yes.
    top 5 right now

Probably not, if you look prior to this year he put up big numbers on teams that won at a 25% clip.