Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Arcadia, CA

Default Re: Will Kobe demand a trade if the Lakers fail to get anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Hopefully.
    miami had no issues taking lebron though

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    What? This is nothing against Kobe as a player. I like Kobe. But be real if the Lakers choose to rebuild right now Kobe is not just going to stay.
    Are the Lakers in rebuilding mode right now or is there any indication that they are shifting into rebuilding mode? Every move that has been rumored post lockout seems to have been geared to competing now and for the foreseeable future.

Let's also recall that he asked for a trade in 2007 after the Lakers had promised him in 2004 that they would build a team around him that would contend. For those first three years, it was evident that their goal was not really to contend, but to stand pat while the organization pulled in pretty impressive revenues due to his star power, in spite of the product they were putting on the floor.

I don't see how he could ask for a trade after they went to the finals 3 straight times, won two championships, and are still a contender at this point.

Magic Johnson

Does anyone know the Lakers salary cap situation? If they flip Gasol and Bynum for Dwight Howard does that give them any cap space for next season? Hell, they could even amnesty Artest after this year to clear more money off the books.

Magic Johnson

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/11121...icereport.html

I thought this might interest Laker fans. Bynum looks good. He's noticeably thinner and you can tell he's running more freely.

Watch when Kobe falls. Everyone just stops.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    No team outside of the Lakers is willing to take on his 25 million dollar salary.
    I'm a Bulls fan, and if I didn't hate the guy and didn't like certain players on my team alot, I would easily trade for him. I think the Bulls would jump all over something like Noah+Deng for Kobe. Even at Kobe's age, the only untouchable player on the Bulls would be Rose in a trade for him.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Are the Lakers in rebuilding mode right now or is there any indication that they are shifting into rebuilding mode? Every move that has been rumored post lockout seems to have been geared to competing now and for the foreseeable future.

Let's also recall that he asked for a trade in 2007 after the Lakers had promised him in 2004 that they would build a team around him that would contend. For those first three years, it was evident that their goal was not really to contend, but to stand pat while the organization pulled in pretty impressive revenues due to his star power, in spite of the product they were putting on the floor.

I don't see how he could ask for a trade after they went to the finals 3 straight times, won two championships, and are still a contender at this point.
    They'll definitely contend this year and next unless Kobe severely declines. At the very least, they'll have Gasol and Bynum next year if a trade bringing in a superstar isn't made by then. After that, I could see him asking for a trade if they are say where the Spurs are now. Not in the asshole kind of way he did before, but it would be something along the lines of that he's old and doesn't have much of a window left and he'd like to still compete at the highest level. I think Kobe will keep playing to try to surpass Jordan, Magic, and Kareem in titles and try to go for the scoring record as long as his health permits it.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/11121...icereport.html

I thought this might interest Laker fans. Bynum looks good. He's noticeably thinner and you can tell he's running more freely.

Watch when Kobe falls. Everyone just stops.
    God I hope he doesn't get injured this year.

so they're rebuilding because they traded 1 player? it was a bad move, i agree....but come on.