Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Some 4th quarter/clutch time scoring of the 3 best scorers in the league

Bringing in clutch stats for LeBron James. You have got to be kidding me. This has literally turned full circle at this point.

LeBron stans=Kobe stans circa 2009 trying to prop up clutch stats and rings from the past and downplay stats/current accomplishments.

Fact of the matter is this. OKC with Durant on the floor is +12.8 PP100P in clutch situations. Miami with LeBron on the floor is +5.3 PP100P in clutch situations.

That's a massive edge in favor of OKC.

As for being clutch, LeBron has 5 playoff game winners in his entire NBA career. Durant had 3 in 1 playoff run.

Default Re: Some 4th quarter/clutch time scoring of the 3 best scorers in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Bringing in clutch stats for LeBron James. You have got to be kidding me. This has literally turned full circle at this point.

LeBron stans=Kobe stans circa 2009 trying to prop up clutch stats and rings from the past and downplay stats/current accomplishments.

Fact of the matter is this. OKC with Durant on the floor is +12.8 PP100P in clutch situations. Miami with LeBron on the floor is +5.3 PP100P in clutch situations.

As for being clutch, LeBron has 5 playoff game winners in his entire NBA career. Durant had 3 in 1 playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Melo just straight up sucks and should be ashamed of himself
    Word, I'd agree with you but I know for a fact he wears down.

You're basically commending Lebron for the same shit Kobe used to do when he had Shaq. Shaq would dominate first 3 quarters and Kobe would help sparingly and then take over in the 4th quarters. Melo has to carry his shitty teammates through 3 quarters and come 4th quarter he is worn down. Happened to Lebron too in his Cavs days. But no, you will deny that.

Now Lebron can coast through 3 quarters and raise his level in the 4th. Melo and Durant can't afford to do that.

Thanks for breaking it down for us though

Suddenly the stats are worthless, even after you spent the entire day posting essays filled with numbers and you even made up new statistics that fit your agenda

Imagine how much better would OKC's PP100P be if it wasn't for Durant's choking

And of course your last paragraph is BS
    Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Word, I'd agree with you but I know for a fact he wears down.

You're basically commending Lebron for the same shit Kobe used to do when he had Shaq. Shaq would dominate first 3 quarters and Kobe would help sparingly and then take over in the 4th quarters. Melo has to carry his shitty teammates through 3 quarters and come 4th quarter he is worn down. Happened to Lebron too in his Cavs days. But no, you will deny that.

Now Lebron can coast through 3 quarters and raise his level in the 4th. Melo and Durant can't afford to do that.

Thanks for breaking it down for us though
    Of course fatigue most likely plays role with Melo (not with Durant as he spends much less energy on his game and he is also younger and carries less weight than both LeBron and Melo), but the discrepancy is still very big. And LeBron still probably expends the most energy out of the three during the game. That conclusion about Melo was not meant to take seriously though

And Cleveland LeBron (especially the last two years) was an entirely different beast in clutch (this year's LeBron might get close to him scoringwise) even though he had to expand more energy than anyone concerned in this thread.
    Last edited by Trollsmasher; 02-13-2014 at 03:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Clearly.

Clearly.
    Not that part. Your entire post together, you know with context and everything.

Banned

Suddenly the stats are worthless, even after you spent the entire day posting essays filled with numbers and you even made up new statistics that fit your agenda

Imagine how much better would OKC's PP100P be if it wasn't for Durant's coking

And of course your last paragraph is BS
    Yep. Just making up stats as I go, aka straight from 82games.com

LeBron

Durant

Oh my, after 10 years of LeBron in the league he finally has some cherrypicked () clutch stats in favor of him. Good for him.

Lebron of ISH

Like what? Last time I checked Lebron is the 4 time MVP and 2 time FMVP

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    Oh my, after 10 years of LeBron in the league he finally has some cherrypicked () clutch stats in favor of him. Good for him.
    Not really. This is far away from LeBron's overall best clutch years. I just thought about comparing him to his scoring competition, though it appears to be very weak

Lebron of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    From 2009

Not really. This is far away from LeBron's overall best clutch years. I just thought about comparing him to his scoring competition, though it appears to be very weak

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Melo use to be one of the clutchest players in the NBA. Last Season and seasons prior to that. And dont give me that, Woody draws up nothing but isolations. He did the same thing last year and Melo was knocking them down. Melo had great clutch stats that put Kobe and Lebron to shame.

He lost it.

I do agree he's lost it. But I believe there's a reason. Carrying this hodge-podge cast of players night in and night out (40 min avg I believe which leads the league), it obviously wears on him. Has to score consistently, often bangs in the paint w/ multiple defenders, ALWAYS takes contact, snatch boards etc.

Sometimes you can even see as the game goes on how his shot also falls off in accordance. You combine that w/ Woody's shit last possession play calling (predictability does play a role) and you get bricks galore.
    Last edited by ClutchOver9000; 02-13-2014 at 03:38 PM.

Link?!?!?!?

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Dickriders of both sides jut stop with this stupid "battle".Just enjoy the game and the greatness wherever it comes from.Players like James,Durant don't come often and surtainly don't last for a lifetime