Default The NBA Season is almost here - And the Head Coach Firing Season is coming along

Last season was unpercendented in my eyes.

The amount of Coachs sacked through the season and after the season was just absurd.

Justified? Perhaps, each case deserves it's own respective judgement.
    But it is what it is,

To name a few:

David Blatt - 30 - 11 record.
    Kevin Mchale - After leading his team to WCF
    George Karl - Well, yeah. Maybe he had it coming.
    Derek Fisher, Jeff Horneack, Randy Wittman (Finally..)

And even the replacements didn't last long,

J.B Bickerstaff, Sam Mitchell and Kurt Rambis all lasted a season before their Organizations moving on.

So my question is this,

We know Spolstra, Carlilse and Popovich are here to stay.
    Everyone else? Anything can happen. (Looking at you Luke Walton. Your Franchise has a severe case of firing non-Phill jackson coaches after a short amount of time lately.)

Who you guys got? And why? Or else, who you -want- to see replaced, and by whom?

P.S: God Praise Gar Forman for giving us Thibs.

Default Re: The NBA Season is almost here - And the Head Coach Firing Season is coming along

there's no way luke's getting fired. For a team that did well last year whose coach could get fired with a bad start, Dwayne Casey is a dark horse candidate. He's really similar to Mchale. Both overachieved and lead their team to the conference finals but have been criticized for years for their coaching. I think Alvin Genrty is an obvious one if the Pelicans start off really poorly again.

Default Re: The NBA Season is almost here - And the Head Coach Firing Season is coming along

Brad Stevens isn't going anywhere. Top coach that has led the Celtics with great coaching, leadership, and composure.

Oh and Thibs is a top-tier coach.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Laker head coaches currently exist so that Jim Buss can have someone to scapegoat and fire besides himself when the team has another underwhelming campaign.

Thibs

Quote Originally Posted by EllEffEll
    Laker head coaches currently exist so that Jim Buss can have someone to scapegoat and fire besides himself when the team has another underwhelming campaign.
    Didn't Jim Buss say something about stepping down if the team does not contend in a set amount of years?

I'm pretty sure this is the last year of that said promise.

Wonder what will happen, but yeah, no doubt that Coachs in Huge Markets like LA and New York come under a new level of scrutiny for not getting results.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT

The amount of Coachs sacked through the season and after the season was just absurd.

But it is what it is,

To name a few:

J.B Bickerstaff, Sam Mitchell and Kurt Rambis all lasted a season before their Organizations moving on.

So my question is this,

Everyone else? Anything can happen. (Looking at you Luke Walton. Your Franchise has a severe case of firing non-Phill jackson coaches after a short amount of time lately.)

Who you guys got? And why? Or else, who you -want- to see replaced, and by whom?

Nothing unprecedented about last season. Hand full of coaches get fired every year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Snyder isn't going anywhere. Just got an extension and the Jazz wouldn't eat his contract. Let's hope he's really as good as everyone thinks. All I've seen is that Rudy has made him look like he knows something about defense.

Lots of pretty safe coaches imo... at least Snyder, Bud, Stevens, Casey, Kerr, Van Gundy, Stotts, and Rivers are quite safe on top of the 3 you listed.

I don't see another Blatt happening this year, thinking this may actually end up being a more quiet year for coaches getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT

But it is what it is,

To name a few:

So my question is this,

Fred Hoiberg is like sitting in a canoe with alligators all over.
    Butler was not pleased with his passive style since last season and now Wade comes in plus Rondo who blossomed under Rivers and....Thibs.
    If the Pelicans don't win with the healthy Davis early, then Gentry should be in a hot seat,
    same with Kidd with Greek Freak ably supported by Monroe, Delli, Parker, Henson and Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Snyder isn't going anywhere. Just got an extension and the Jazz wouldn't eat his contract. Let's hope he's really as good as everyone thinks. All I've seen is that Rudy has made him look like he knows something about defense.
    This season is when he proves what he and his team are made of.

They have a great roster and good depth, no superstar, but I could see them becoming a 4-5 seed in the West, assuming Hayward, Favors, Burk come back sooner, rather than later.

I wish we had Thibs instead of Hoidberg. And I was on my last nerves with him.

the bum in okc will get canned by seasons end