Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Can you blame KD for leaving OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderKat
    I used to live in OKC, too. It wasn't a terrible place to live. The truth is KD lived in an amazing neighborhood where his mom lived in the main house and he lived in the pool house. This wasn't a night life type of guy. I actually ran into him at a 7 eleven right before I moved. I am sure I still have the pic.. he was a very chill guy.

KD left because he didn't want his legacy to be that of a ringless star. Can't beat them join them type mindset. The ironic part was he choked away a huge series lead. I am not mad he left... everyone makes their own path.
    They do, some of us in life have integrity though and pick the right path....some take the easy path....each to their own I guess.

Gonna be so good when they all choke together and Klay gets his feelings hurt again.

Serious playground baller Mike smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    They do, some of us in life have integrity though and pick the right path....some take the easy path....each to their own I guess.

Gonna be so good when they all choke together and Klay gets his feelings hurt again.
    Bro it's just sports calm down. Just because the Spurs have no shot of beating warriors now doesn't mean u have to be butt hurt and complain go on and on saying " beta team" Durant is a cowered. It sports bud calm down and just take it on the chin and move on

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Yes. Coward. Beta. Can't beat them, join them. Never has there been a worst atrocity in OKC besides 1995. KD is Slimothy McVeigh status.

This is perhaps one of the most stupid posts I have read on any forum. I get the idea that people completely disagree with KD joining GSW, no matter what the reason.

But to compare it to the atrocities of Timothy McVeigh is just not cool.

Local High School Star

I do and I don't. On one hand, it's incredibly wack that he left after his dismal performance led them to lose to GSW. It really feels like Westbrook pretty much did his part, but KD just threw up some absolute clunkers in games 5 and game 6. All he needed to do was shoot like 44% or something, and he shot under 40 in each of those games. KD played fine in Game 7, but it just feels like he was neutralized at the most important moments. Also, it feels like OKC could beat GSW if they still had KD, but he still bounced and joined the team that he lost to. That's just kind of unforgivable.

On the other hand, when you get to KD's level, MVP, four time scoring champ, a bunch of all nba teams, etc, Rings become important to differentiate yourself from other GOATS. So, he can get this chip and I doubt many people will be talking about in 2030 when he has two or three chips. But man, if he doesn't win? Oh man lmao.

he left because of Westbrook.

It's pretty obvious.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I see sports like a regular career/livelihood. If the opportunity arises to be in a better situation you take it. Better being you're happier. Your personal well being. You don't owe anybody anything. Sucks as a fan. Hate the game, not the player.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Fair arguments.

However to be paid Durant's salary I would live in Aleppo.

National High School Star

No.

Can I blame him for joining GSW?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44
    Fair arguments.

However to be paid Durant's salary I would live in Aleppo.
    what is "a.l.e.p.p.o."?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    I have lived in Oklahoma City before and it sucks shit. No one wants to live there and especially a young man who is a multi millionaire. I can't blame him.
    He doesn't have to live there. He can live wherever he wants and go wherever he wants. As you said, he's a mulit-millionaire. How much time do you think Lebron spends in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    what is "a.l.e.p.p.o."?

Syrian Town.
    Currently fought over by ISIS, American backed Rebel forces, Russian backed Dictator, Random people with an RPG and several European Muslims conducting 'Jihad.'
    Current Estimated Death Toll:

Hope I was of any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKAT
    Syrian Town.
    Currently fought over by ISIS, American backed Rebel forces, Russian backed Dictator, Random people with an RPG and several European Muslims conducting 'Jihad.'
    Current Estimated Death Toll:

Hope I was of any assistance.
    nah, i know man. :) i was just poking fun @ gary johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    nah, i know man. :) i was just poking fun @ gary johnson.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike smith
    Bro it's just sports calm down. Just because the Spurs have no shot of beating warriors now doesn't mean u have to be butt hurt and complain go on and on saying " beta team" Durant is a cowered. It sports bud calm down and just take it on the chin and move on
    Bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    KD is a shut-in. He didn't leave OKC because of the night life. He left OKC because he was tired of playing bad basketball.
    You didnt see him and Dray raging with Travis Scott?