Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Default Re: Trash for Trash swap. MCW dealt to Bulls for Snell

NOT NBA Tonight ‏@NOTNBATonight 28m28 minutes ago
    With Michael Carter-Williams joining Wade, Butler and Rondo, the Bulls have decided to remove the three-point line from their home court.

Compared to Rondo, MCW is a sniper.

I guess the Bulls won't be leading the NBA in 3 pointers by the season's end.

I don't understand this trade for either team, didn't Chicago acquire Grant for Rose? Wasn't he supposed to be their future PG? And then they also have Canaan...Do both now take a back seat and only play garbage minutes?

Then for the Bucks, their PG depth now is shot. Delly and Giannis (occasionally, maybe now more so than ever) are their only options at PG, that's it. They better hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the ass.

To think the Bucks passed up on Brandon Knight for the Lakers pick this season (owned by PHX at that time), instead settling for MCW.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Not really. He just happened to be the ROTY in one of the worst drafts in history.

Also, I wanted to tell Bulls fans to not give up or roll your eyes cause you have Rondo. I still believe he can be a lockdown defender and one of the best passers in the game. Of course, that does come along with being one of the worst shooting point guards in the game. But, he seems to just not try and not care depending on who his teammates are. Hopefully for you guys, Wade can bring some respect out of him.
    Rondo hasn't been a good defender for 3 seasons. I don't think he's coming back.
    Bulls are a disaster.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Rondo hasn't been a good defender for 3 seasons. I don't think he's coming back.
    Bulls are a disaster.
    Not only has Rondo not been a good defender, he's a major negative on that end. Maybe there is an outside chance he takes the game more seriously playing alongside guys he actually respects like Wade, but just going by his last few seasons, I'm going to assume he will resume playing like utter trash on the defensive end.

It is sometimes amazing how long perception travels with some players. When a guy is labeled a bad defender, it takes many years of being good before it starts to become commonly known, even within the basketball communities. When a guy was once good but has turned bad, it takes even longer for the public to catch up.

Bulls fighting against gun crime in Chicago by making sure no one on their team shoots

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Bulls are a disaster.

I'm just saying, he was great in Boston but look who his teammates were. When they left and he got a white coach is when he declined. Then he goes to Dallas, another white coach and white superstar. Sacramento with DMC? Please. That's why I think he needs someone to check him.

Learning to shoot layups

Idk why the Bulls do this unless he's there guy for the future but on a side note the 2013 lottery has to be the worst of all time

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    Neither are that great. I guess the Bulls hope his length and playing with Rondo helps...
    http://http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/17804426/milwaukee-bucks-chicago-bulls-agreement-michael-carter-williams-tony-snell-trade
    The real trash here are the Bulls and Bucks management.

Bulls for letting Thibs go, opting to trade the rights to LaMarcus Aldridge for the dud Tyrus Thomas, then passing up on Yusuf Nurkic, one of the best young big man in the league then lastly hiring Fred Hoiberg

Bucks for letting itself to be seduced Jason Kidd, who was carried by Pierce, JJ, KG etc at New Jersey, they then trade their 19 pts/game Knight to get a player who can't shoot in MCW..... OK they stumbled on the Greek Freak, but what else?

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    You must have not been around for his rookie year. He was seen as a future star.
    He won the rookie of the year but it was by default and people with basketball knowledge knew that he already peaked.

Default Re: Official trade: Michael Carter-Williams dealt to Bulls for Tony Snell

Trade became official today:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=19798

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    Bulls fighting against gun crime in Chicago by making sure no one on their team shoots

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Do you think it could be setting the stage for a bigger move later?

When I look at the Bulls' roster, I see depth, but I also see a stockpile of assets, assets that can be combined in deals to make more significant acquisitions.
    besides butler and lopez they got nothing of value. lol depth, like anybody is interested in an overpaid semi-retired wade, a trouble guy like rondo, a rookie turned bust in MCW and the rest of the hot trash they have.

Serious playground baller Annyong!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    No he wasn't...lol. He was seen as an above average rookie who was allowed to do whatever he wanted...and that's exactly what he was.
    He certainly was viewed as a future star. He was rookie of the year averaging 17/6/6. Those are great rookie numbers, and usually people expect improvement. That was sadly his best season and he has gotten worse. He is the 2nd coming of Tyreke Evans.