Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Which NBA teams need new jerseys?

Simple question.

A lot of people think that the Kings will have to lose the purple when they move to Anaheim so it wouldn't clash with the Lakers purple.

A pretty cool symbol and jersey mockup can be seen here: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=78702

The Nets will likely be changing their jerseys when they move, and the Wizards sound like they will be changing their uniforms this offseason as well.

Who else needs new jerseys? Anybody see some good mockups for jersey ideas?

Default Re: Which NBA teams need new jerseys?

Those Kings jerseys look very similar to the Wizards gold and black jerseys that everyone in the world seemed to hate, except for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AI3Anthony
    Those Kings jerseys look very similar to the Wizards gold and black jerseys that everyone in the world seemed to hate, except for me.
    They aren't even remotely similar in style or design, just color. I like the idea of gold, because gold is the only other color I really associate with kings.

HOWEVER, a name change for the Kings could be perfect for the Nets possible move to Brooklyn. Nothing is really more perfect. Brooklyn is Kings County, so Brooklyn Kings would just be perfect.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Since the Melo era is over in Denver, The Nuggets should change their jersey (just like The Cavs did). It's a new beginning for them

I wouldnt mind the Nets changing up their home jersey. It's been the same forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    I wouldnt mind the Nets changing up their home jersey. It's been the same forever.
    Well just wait for the move, because you'll get all new jerseys then.

I'm a Suns' fan and I wouldn't mind seeing some new jerseys for a change.. hell, AT LEAST put some throwback jerseys on once in a while just to mix things up.

We've had pretty much the exact same jersey's for more than a decade now... it's time to make things fresh again.

Banned

bulls/celtics

/thread

Made that high school varsity squad lakerHater's Avatar

I guess my gripe is Spurs jersey, I wish they'd go back to black & silver.
    The jerseys they have now are grey & black!!

Learning to shoot layups brandowas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    bulls/celtics

/thread
    F*** that. Those are both classics

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    I'm a Suns' fan and I wouldn't mind seeing some new jerseys for a change.. hell, AT LEAST put some throwback jerseys on once in a while just to mix things up.

We've had pretty much the exact same jersey's for more than a decade now... it's time to make things fresh again.
    I've always liked the Suns' jerseys and everybody else seems to hate them.

One thing that I've always been really sick of is the number of teams in all sports that use red white and blue jerseys. So annoying.

The only cities that I think should use red white and blue are teams that are from Philly, Washington, and maybe New York City.

Banned

their jerseys are so outdated... they look like something my house league team wore back in 1996 when i was like 12 years old

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brandowas
    F*** that. Those are both classics

classics lol... i remember thinking the old laker jerseys were classic... then i realised how unproffesional theyed look compared to todays designs

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    I've always liked the Suns' jerseys and everybody else seems to hate them.

One thing that I've always been really sick of is the number of teams in all sports that use red white and blue jerseys. So annoying.

The only cities that I think should use red white and blue are teams that are from Philly, Washington, and maybe New York City.
    I don't mind them really.. it's just that after seeing them almost every single game for the past 8 or so years since I started following the Suns more closely... it would be cool to at least see them mix it up. You know?

Variety is the spice of life. :)

And I really want to see Steve Nash/Vince Carter/Grant Hill in THESE bad boys every once in a while:

I think fresh new jerseys could inject some new life into the Suns though, while they try to build a new identity as a more defense-oriented team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by griffmoney1784
    their jerseys are so outdated... they look like something my house league team wore back in 1996 when i was like 12 years old
    Bulls jerseys are fine. I think there are several jerseys that have been so historical for their teams that only minor tweaks should ever be done with them: Bulls, Knicks, Blazers, Celtics, and Lakers (may be another team or two, but those come to mind as jerseys that should remain relatively the same).