Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is Tyler hansbrough a bust?

People have to expect you to be good to be considered a bust. Everyone knew Hansbrough would be garbage in the NBA.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    People have to expect you to be good to be considered a bust. Everyone knew Hansbrough would be garbage in the NBA.
    Yeah, except that he's not garbage and is actually a pretty good role player...

Nah, he's fine... he's not gonna be a star, but he's good enough. It's kind of like Baby (but Baby was picked later); those guys who did work in college usually come around to be pretty decent role players.

Tyler is a solid role playing big and could help out a lot of contending teams. Could likely start on some, too. I think you could put him alongside Tim Duncan or Dwight and he'd go hard.

-Smak

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

He got drafted at 13th. That's not particularly high and i cant remember anyone being called a bust from being picked 10+ or even from the 5th above. Plus, i think no one expected him to be anything more than a good solid role player.

Serious playground baller OrlandoAnderson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I hear TH couldn't catch a pass when he was younger. On the playground, if you missed a pass, they'd say "You got Tyler hands, bro!"

Wait a second.......

OK, I already have the "bad pun jokes" niche on this board. Get your own thing.....

this guy is [COLOR="Red"]BETA[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Not only that, but who in their right mind projected him to be a star in the first place??
    i did, and why not, a big star for carolina, they become national champions with him playing a big part , and so many great players come from UNC, Like MJ, vince carter, seeing good players with the baby-blue, i belived he also would be a star..........are we sure it

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Did anyone really think that he would be much more than a decent role player? He was the 13th pick. 13th picks usually don't become stars.

The prototypical star in college who isn't big, athletic, or skilled enough to transfer that dominance to the NBA. A glorified Mark Madsen, nothing more. Did anyone really expect him to do better? Really?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

The bust is finally getting playing time and is bullying and midranging his way to 22/11 with a few mintues to go in the 3rd. San Antonio cannot guard him.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

What's this? He gets playing time and produces?

O'Brien needs to quit.

Book 'em Dan'l

he's killing the spurs tonight.

NBA rookie of the year

Awesome. I like Hansbrough. I noticed, after checking the boxscores for a few games this season, he'd get like 8 mintues of playing time and score, like, 6 points and grab four rebounds or something. He should play more.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    The prototypical star in college who isn't big, athletic, or skilled enough to transfer that dominance to the NBA. A glorified Mark Madsen, nothing more. Did anyone really expect him to do better? Really?

I expected him to be a lot better than Madsen, considering Madsen was terrible. I figured he'd be a backup/ energy guy who could get 10 pts and 10 rebounds off the bench, maybe more occasionally. He had a good game tonight, hopefully he can keep it up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vince15
    bust

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    What's this? He gets playing time and produces?

O'Brien needs to quit.
    Its like people refuse to listen.......You got a few Pacer fans in this thread telling u its the coach, telling u he could produce if given a chance...yet people still calling him a bust....

Obrien is TERRIBLE.........PERIOD.......POINT BLANK............He handcuffs Darren Collison, he handcuffed Tinsley and TJ ford........Those guys aren't all stars but they're very creative and Jim Obrien = hates creativity......