Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: So we gone act like John Wall not trash?

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor

Some guys just aint that bright and u can see it in their play. Wall, Jennings, Tyreke Evans. Dont wanna be mean but lets be honest... they arent smart. PG aint a hard thing to figure out. Pass to guys that are open, move without the ball, cut to the hoop etc. Some of these dudes might even flat out have learning disabilities. Its not difficult stuff to figure out and yet they cant.
    Dont even think it's just stupidity. Look at DRose.. I'm pretty sure he I heard he had a tough time in school, isn't the brightest dude, but he's willing to step outside of himself, acknowledge what it takes to be great, and go after it. A lot of these guys egos just dont let them see what it takes.. they already think theyre the shit, pro ballers, can do whatever they want. Their cockiness doesn't let them appreciate the great players before them and they aren't really worrying about what their legacy will be.

The Wizards should have kept Kirk Hinrich to help teach him.
    He needs a veteran point guard who can help him out on the court.
    He's not trash - but he is probably 2 years away from being a real effective point guard.

i will drive down to dc to pick him up for the knicks. just say the word

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    i will drive down to dc to pick him up for the knicks. just say the word
    ill race u from los angeles.. taking kobes helicopter

This dude just blew his NBA's career out the window. I can't see him progressing the way I see other rookies like Shumpert progressing. This guy has nothing in his scoring but driving quick to the rim, doing some acrobatic shit while drawing a foul only to miss 1 or both FT's. Averaging 5 pts per game is cool.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'm not going to act like he is never going to live up to his potential, but I will say that this is a classic example of athleticism not being enough when you play the point guard position. Don't get me wrong... In general, players need more than athleticism for every position on the floor, unless you are some kind of physical freak like LeBron James, but it is even more pronounced at the 1.

Give me a guy who is fundamentally sound over an athlete who has no clue how to run an offense or control pace or shoot any day of the week and twice on Sunday at the PG position.

Just because Wall is tall for position or can jump high or has a quick first step does not mean that he is going to be an elite point guard. Until he develops the skills you need to be a 1 on this level, he will continue to suffer through awful nights.

And, if he never figures it out (possible), we could be looking at a first rate bust in the making.
    He seems to have regressed a little bit. I don't even see the very good passing instincts he had last year. But I don't think he lost it... I think he's just disinterested and he pouts. The worst thing about him is that he's emotional and that clouds judgement and hinders learning the game. I still think he can be stellar since he's sooo young. But even if he does progress he will have set backs until he gets some maturity. I think Kyrie will get there (stardom) before he will but I still think Wall's potential is higher.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Kid needs a jumper. Once he can develop that, he can become the player people have been saying he is.

He is relying too much on his athleticism. You can get away with that at the Center position but not the Point Guard position. But it's early, plenty of time for Wall to realize he needs to improve and put in the hard work needed to take his game to the next level. He doesn't strike me as the lazy type, just some one who wasn't fully prepared for how difficult this league is. Nothing comes easy, Wall will be alright.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    He seems to have regressed a little bit. I don't even see the very good passing instincts he had last year. But I don't think he lost it... I think he's just disinterested and he pouts. The worst thing about him is that he's emotional and that clouds judgement and hinders learning the game. I still think he can be stellar since he's sooo young. But even if he does progress he will have set backs until he gets some maturity. I think Kyrie will get there (stardom) before he will but I still think Wall's potential is higher.
    If it really is him pouting or being disinterested, that is an even bigger red flag than him just not having point guard instincts.

Does he think that he is too good to be on a bad Wizards team? He is in his second year and is still a novice in learning a lot of the key skills that you need to be a point guard on a good team in this league. He should be going out every night fired up and locked in just to be able to improve his game at this stage of his career. If he doesn't have any of that fire in him, he WILL be a bust.

You bring up Kyrie... He is actually much more athletic than I thought he was and he seems to possess some of those natural PG traits that don't exist in Wall. Everyone crowed all last season about how this was a horrible draft class and about how Kyrie wouldn't be a Top 10 pick in most drafts... Given the choice right now, I would take Irving over Wall.

He may not be the physical specimen that John Wall is, but he has the demeanor and the attitude that you want out of a young player. Also, unrelated, but I think that a guy like Kyrie is much more likely to spend his career in Cleveland as opposed to a guy like Wall... A very important thing that small markets like Cleveland and Washington are forced to evaluate when deciding its players.

I could totally see Wall taking the first bus out of Washington as soon as the opportunity arises. Hell, if he is only in his second season and he is already pouting, Wizards fans better prepare themselves to be looking for a new PG in a few years.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 01-07-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Banned

He reminds me alot of a young Rondo.

Except with a lower basketball IQ & no work ethic.

He's a PG who loves to run. McGee is playing very well and he'll have a standout season. Singleton had a terrible game today but he's gonna be a good player and great defender. Both he and Vesel

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Kid needs a jumper. Once he can develop that, he can become the player people have been saying he is.
    Your in the NBA and can't shoot? Why draft him then?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Maybe it's just the famous sophomore jinx. He will have a better third year. He's got a lot of work to do. But I agree too many people here are too short sighted and are just plain haters. I'm not a big Wall fan, but he can be one of the best point guards some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Your in the NBA and can't shoot? Why draft him then?
    This post is absolutely retarded. Let's put in the next question:

Why draft Lebron out of high school?

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    This post is absolutely retarded. Let's put in the next question:

Why draft Lebron out of high school?
    Lebron in HS >x50 John Wall