Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Default John Wall is trash

13ppg 39% ??? No progression at all smh

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

Default Re: So we gone act like John Wall not trash?

it doesn't look like he can handle NBA defense imo, he's use to blowing by defenders and thinks he can get into the paint whenever he wants, but he fails 90% of the time

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I'm not going to act like he is never going to live up to his potential, but I will say that this is a classic example of athleticism not being enough when you play the point guard position. Don't get me wrong... In general, players need more than athleticism for every position on the floor, unless you are some kind of physical freak like LeBron James, but it is even more pronounced at the 1.

Give me a guy who is fundamentally sound over an athlete who has no clue how to run an offense or control pace or shoot any day of the week and twice on Sunday at the PG position.

Just because Wall is tall for position or can jump high or has a quick first step does not mean that he is going to be an elite point guard. Until he develops the skills you need to be a 1 on this level, he will continue to suffer through awful nights.

And, if he never figures it out (possible), we could be looking at a first rate bust in the making.

Clippers ALL DAY

LOL wall is trash.

btw he is not shooting 39%. 26/79 is 32.9%

Add in today's game and he is shooting around 35%.

That's simply garbage. Some people were comparing him to other PGs like Paul, Rose, Rondo, etc.
    Last edited by GS1905; 01-07-2012 at 01:35 AM.

In a couple of years these threads are gonna be funny. Don't believe I went from lowering expectations about Wall before the draft to opposite now. The guy is gonna be fine, he will be an all star level player. He is just in a horrible situation and playing for a horrible coach who is using him entirely wrong.

Decent college freshman

the kid wasn't even scoring at will on the college level. Not sure why people thought he was gonna be a scoring juggernaut. He needs a good coach to help him develop his point guard instincts so he can stay in this league

I rule the local playground

He's basically Derrick Rose without the work ethic.

There you go, that's what happens when you're really fast and jump really far, and are dumb and lazy as a pile of bricks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    He's basically Derrick Rose without the work ethic.

There you go, that's what happens when you're really fast and jump really far, and are dumb and lazy as a pile of bricks
    the kid is actually pretty bright. He does work hard and he is a good player. This board is so shortsighted.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

i would welcome him to the suns if the wiz ditch him

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

he penetrates allot but has trouble finishing. gotta work on that

Local High School Star cavsfanatic's Avatar

Yea, I'm just saying right now he trash as ever. He better learn to shoot the pill

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    the kid is actually pretty bright. He does work hard and he is a good player. This board is so shortsighted.

I dont doubt the kids work ethic or intentions but he definitely doesnt appear to be all that bright. Just like with the Jennings discussion. Other guys in the league his age, his experience level, understand basic point guard concepts. I mean frankly its not hard to figure out. Most people here probably could but werent fortunate enough to have the height and athleticism of pro ballers.

Some guys just aint that bright and u can see it in their play. Wall, Jennings, Tyreke Evans. Dont wanna be mean but lets be honest... they arent smart. PG aint a hard thing to figure out. Pass to guys that are open, move without the ball, cut to the hoop etc. Some of these dudes might even flat out have learning disabilities. Its not difficult stuff to figure out and yet they cant.

Not sure if it's Wall, the coach, the team, or a little of all of that.

Banned

I remember people were talking about how Wall was going to wreck the league become an elite player this season because of the pick-up games everyone saw him play in during the summer.

Right now Wall is surely disappointing people, but it's only been 6-7 games and about two weeks since the season started. I think we should wait until the season ends before making overreaction threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    I dont doubt the kids work ethic or intentions but he definitely doesnt appear to be all that bright. Just like with the Jennings discussion. Other guys in the league his age, his experience level, understand basic point guard concepts. I mean frankly its not hard to figure out. Most people here probably could but werent fortunate enough to have the height and athleticism of pro ballers.

Some guys just aint that bright and u can see it in their play. Wall, Jennings, Tyreke Evans. Dont wanna be mean but lets be honest... they arent smart. PG aint a hard thing to figure out. Pass to guys that are open, move without the ball, cut to the hoop etc. Some of these dudes might even flat out have learning disabilities. Its not difficult stuff to figure out and yet they cant.
    John Wall pulled a 3.5 at Kentucky while being a superstar athlete there. He was also a good student at a good high school.

Since you know so much about the pg position have you ever even played it or bball at all. Some of the stuff you are saying today is just ignorant.