Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dario Saric Confirms That Europe is the NBA's minor league

The last two Euroleague MVPs: Sergio Rodriguez and Vassilis Spanoulis.

Let's take a quick look at Sergio and Vassilis's career numbers in the NBA...

Sergio Rodriguez: 4 seasons played - 4.3 ppg, 2.3 apg, and 1.3 rpg on 41.8 percent shooting.

Vassilis Spanoulis: 1 season played - 2.7 ppg, 0.9 apg, and 0.7 rpg on 31.9 percent shooting.

Such dominant players really proving their worth on American soil.

Now, GTFO of here.

Oly BC went ghost I guess.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Oly BC went ghost I guess.
    Cringe.

There is no basketball in the US outside San Antonio. Deal with it. There are just dysfunctional teams that don't understand how the game is played (and which at times -rarely- do get european players in charge of their dysfunctional game but I wouldn't exactly call that a medal of honour for those players in and of itself).
    Spanoulis or Rodriguez would be great as contributors in a decent team like the spurs, much like Ginobili or Parker are. But in a game of stars where someone is expected to jack up 25 shots while 4 players watch? Please. That is beneath them.

On the other hand the Spurs thoroughly dominating the league has brought something good, a clear and open admission by some teams (say Cavs) that there is only one correct way to play the game.
    Maybe if Blatt gets his say in that team and if other teams realize that being stubborn equals being bad, then the future of the NBA will be better.
    More... euro-like.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    No, euroleague teams don't rely on 38 year olds. Since every team has at least some amount of bb iq, you also need athleticism to win. It's not like the NBA where you could easily see the same spurs team dominating everyone for the next year or two (or more).

Sabonis was euroleage's MVP in 2004 at the tender age of 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    Sabonis was euroleage's MVP in 2004 at the tender age of 40.
    Greece had money in 2004. Things change.

And also Zalgiris didn't win. There's that minor detail.

Cringe.

There is no basketball in the US outside San Antonio. Deal with it. There are just dysfunctional teams that don't understand how the game is played (and which at times -rarely- do get european players in charge of their dysfunctional game but I wouldn't exactly call that a medal of honour for those players in and of itself).
    Spanoulis or Rodriguez would be great as contributors in a decent team like the spurs, much like Ginobili or Parker are. But in a game of stars where someone is expected to jack up 25 shots while 4 players watch? Please. That is beneath them.

On the other hand the Spurs thoroughly dominating the league has brought something good, a clear and open admission by some teams (say Cavs) that there is only one correct way to play the game.
    Maybe if Blatt gets his say in that team and if other teams realize that being stubborn equals being bad, then the future of the NBA will be better.
    More... euro-like.
    Here's the bottom line:

The best players in Euroeague that have attempted to play the NBA in recent memory have all amounted to little-to-nothing.

In fact, I just took a look at the all-Euroleague first team. Three names were familiar...Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, and Sonny Weems.

What do all three have in common? They were irrelevant at the NBA level. Non-factor, non-impact players.

Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 06-27-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Here's the bottom line:

The best players in Euroeague that have attempted to play the NBA in recent memory have all amounted to little-to-nothing.

In fact, I just took a look at the all-Euroleague first team. Three names were familiar...Sergio Rodriguez, Rudy Fernandez, and Sonny Weems.

What do all three have in common? They were irrelevant at the NBA level. Non-factor, non-impact players.

Sorry, the proof is in the pudding.
    The bottom line is that any player who averages 3 assists in euroleague, if given the ball in the NBA can jump to 6 or 8 and in the end be considered a top guard and a lock for HoF.

Splitter and Green were average, Neal or Beverley scrubs, Ginobili could have been one of the stars had he stayed but certainly not a "genius" impressing everyone with "amazing and never seen before" passing.

Anyway, I see no reason to get into an argument with someone who refuses to see the dysfunctional circus act that passes off as basketball in most of the NBA teams. As I said, change is coming in the NBA, slowly and against the wishes of many, but it is.

PS Sonny Weems is horrible here too. It's players like that that are CSKA's cancer. Way too NBA-ish.

The bottom line is that any player who averages 3 assists in euroleague, if given the ball in the NBA can jump to 6 or 8 and in the end be considered a top guard and a lock for HoF.

Splitter and Green were average, Neal or Beverley scrubs, Ginobili could have been one of the stars had he stayed but certainly not a "genius" impressing everyone with "amazing and never seen before" passing.

Anyway, I see no reason to get into an argument with someone who refuses to see the dysfunctional circus act that passes off as basketball in most of the NBA teams. As I said, change is coming in the NBA, slowly and against the wishes of many, but it is.

PS Sonny Weems is horrible here too. It's players like that that are CSKA's cancer. Way too NBA-ish.
    And I'm sure the us just wins all these international tournaments via rigging?

Banned

people are deluded if they think top euroleague teams couldn't compete against the majority of NBA teams. It's obvious that the NBA has the superior players but it's silly acting like the top teams wouldn't be able to crack the play offs in the NBA

What a joke. You have absolutely no evidence or reference to back-up that absurd claim.

Oh wait, both Spanoulis and Rodriguez averaged 3+ assists in Euroleague...how did that work out for them in the NBA?

Stop contradicting yourself.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 06-27-2014 at 09:13 PM.

What a joke. You have absolutely no evidence or reference to back-up that absurd claim.

Oh wait, both Spanoulis and Rodriguez averaged 3+ assists in Euroleague...how did that work out for them in the NBA?

Stop contradicting yourself.
    "If given the ball".

Ginobili, Rubio, Calderon etc
    Even freaking Farmar should be counted as a "pg with top vision" in the NBA.
    4.9 assists in 22 minutes in a shitty team. He had 3.9 in 30 minutes in euroleague.

Farmar, a pg with vision, able to dish out assists like it's nothing.
    Oh god, so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    And I'm sure the us just wins all these international tournaments via rigging?
    I'm sure that if you look at the map you'll find that Europe or Latin America even are divided into a large number of states. Kinda like the US but they count as different countries as well. The US beat Spain in 08 and 12 by a few buckets and while shooting abnormally well from the 3. You're kidding yourself if you can't admit that those games could have easily gone the other way.

After all I'm not suggesting that there are no talented players in the US, not at all. It's just that most of them develop their talent in order to fit in the awful NBA "style".
    It's like someone who's only interested in lifting heavy and ignores form. He will snap his back eventually and the proper-form guy will outgain him.

I'm sure that if you look at the map you'll find that Europe or Latin America even are divided into a large number of states. Kinda like the US but they count as different countries as well. The US beat Spain in 08 and 12 by a few buckets and while shooting abnormally well from the 3. You're kidding yourself if you can't admit that those games could have easily gone the other way.

After all I'm not suggesting that there are no talented players in the US, not at all. It's just that most of them develop their talent in order to fit in the awful NBA "style".
    It's like someone who's only interested in lifting heavy and ignores form. He will snap his back eventually and the proper-form guy will outgain him.
    I actually like a lot of the Euro style ball, which is why I rooted for the Spurs so they could teach many of us Americans a lesson in the game we invented. However, you can't ignore the US dominance in international basketball in the last 3 international tournaments. You can't ignore NBA vs. EL head to head. Check the stats the NBA dominates this. You can't ignore that most of the best players in the world play in the NBA. Not all. There are many good players in Europe, if given the chance, I believe.

Banned

I thought EL was the most delusional but we got a new challenger.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Is Oly BC Euroleague's ALT? There can't be two people who write long paragraphs over and over only to get ethered the very next post....can there?