Quote Originally Posted by beastee
Jazz really impressed tonight. No fanfare, but they got a sure fire Starting guard in Exum (possible all-star), a great SG/SF in Hood at an absolute steal at 23 (great insurance if Heyward leaves) and a late first round talent in Jarnell Stokes at 35.

Very bright future with the development of Burke and their Bigs. This team is 2-3 years away from being a legit threat. They get my vote for Draft winner.
Threat for what?

Hood was picked at great value as well, he could potentially start.
Especially if they let G walk.

Snyder will have a ton of lineups he could play between the 1-3. Burke/Exum at the 1
Not to mention Burks and G who was their primary playmaker.

, Burke/Burks/Exum/Hayward at the 2 and Hayward/Hood at the 3.
Burks and Exum should be able to play the 3 in small line-ups as well.

That's not including then keeping a Rush or Williams type for some more depth.
Doesn't sound like Rush will be back and hopefully not the injury prone and inconsistent Marvin Gaye.

Hopefully it's the end of Jefferson too.
He's gone. A contender would like him after the year he had I imagine.

If Snyder can get Favors and Kanter firing up front, they could be a very good team in a few years.
Still talk of Tomic possibly and Evans and Gobert are still in the mix as well.

I also really think they shouldn't have offered Hayward, let the dude walk.
Why would you let that kind of talent walk? I don't want them to overpay him but for the right contract they need to keep him for sure.

What's your opinion on Trey Burke?
He has potential. He shouldn't have been starting last year. Needs to get a lot better defensively. Needs to be able to get to the hole and the line.

They've still got Raul Neto over in Spain for another year, so if they need more PG help going forward they can bring him over too.
They haven't decided Neto's fate yet. They need a vet regardless. Sorry John Lucas.

I hope the Exum pick doesn't hurt Burks development.

Well it ain't gonna help that's for sure
We'll see. Burks was arguably their best player. Certainly one of the two best scorers they had along with Kanter.