Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Default Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy

I'd just like to let you guys know, I thorougly enjoyed reading through this thread. I was in TDKR thread a lot before and I can't wait to watch this movie again now.

National High School Star

i thought the Bane and Robin characters were fantastic.. Bane was defintely scary and his voice and vocabulary were EXCELLENT

but what fukked it up is the story line.. him being talia's bltchboy was wrong..

nolan shoulda made bane epic like he did joker

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    Exactly. His motivations are out of love / redemption but I'd say they are more co-leaders.
    Not just that though. He wanted to prove he was more worthy of a successor to Ra's than Bruce. It's a brotherly competition between the two. The other was preferred, the other was snubbed.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Not just that though. He wanted to prove he was more worthy of a successor to Ra's than Bruce. It's a brotherly competition between the two. The other was preferred, the other was snubbed.
    Interesting. Never thought of that before. It gives more valid reasons for Bane's motivations of wanting to a) blow up Gotham but b) to want to kill Bruce.

Plus, Bruce is the one who went balls deep in the one he loved.

Oh, and if you notice through out the movie Talia wants to lure Bruce away peacefully from Gotham so he can't protect it. After they bone, she talks about leaving and going away.

NBA lottery pick

To me, the Talia/Bane thing was just a way to add a surprising twist to the end of it (even tho it wasn't all that surprising).

I, too, wish they would've focused more on Bane. In the comics, Bane is one of Batman's most compelling enemies (probably 2nd behind Joker). And I was pumped that Nolan would do this Bane right after he was Poison Ivy's dumb henchman in the 90's movies. But, basically, this Bane was a hired henchman, too. Dumb.

Other than that, I liked it.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    To me, the Talia/Bane thing was just a way to add a surprising twist to the end of it (even tho it wasn't all that surprising).

I, too, wish they would've focused more on Bane. In the comics, Bane is one of Batman's most compelling enemies (probably 2nd behind Joker). And I was pumped that Nolan would do this Bane right after he was Poison Ivy's dumb henchman in the 90's movies. But, basically, this Bane was a hired henchman, too. Dumb.

Other than that, I liked it.
    You don't consider Bane from TDK Rises to be a compelling enemy of Batman? He's the only one to physically break him, and then make him watch his city get destroyed from a tv monitor in a prison underground while he uses the weapon tech that was built by his company, and saved for his vigilante alter ego.

That is incredibly cold, and totally bad ass.

It is over simplification to call Bane a dumb henchman in TDK Rises. Bane and Talia were basically working hand in hand. Do you consider Darth Vader to be a dumb henchman? I don't either. Bane essentially planned the entire attack on Gotham and how to physically trap Bruce in order to break him.

Bane had to run mercenary missions for Dagget for years before he brought him to Gotham, unknowingly being a pawn in Bane's grand scheme to take control of the city. I think you're selling him really sort. Bane was easily the most compelling villain outside of the Joker in this series. He's dimensional too. He's brawn, with brains. Cold and calculating, with a soul and heart underneath, even if it is misguided. He's intelligent and articulate, while still maintaining the ability to brutally tear you apart. He has presence.

Bane in Batman and Robin walks around like a monkey, bidding orders and saying things like "money work"

It's not even fair to insinuate that of the character in comparison to the one in TDK Rises. Bane was boss, and a total bad ass. Necessary evil. Great lines and delivery of dialogue, too. How does the twist that he's working with Talia as the inherited leaders of the League of Shadows make him any less cool?

He still was the one in the film doing all these crazy things to break the Batman and to destroy Gotham. Was Batman not a bad ass in the trilogy because he worked in conjunction with Gordon, Dent, Blake, Fox, Alfred and Selina Kyle?

Bane and Talia had relations in the comics. They both were in charge of the League of Assassins as well. Bane in the comics, while being a total bad ass, also has a soft side to him that few get to see. He's essentially a dark reflection of Bruce Wayne. They wrote Bane and Talia as a grittier version of Darth Vader and the Emperor.

Plus, I mean in order to complete the story from Batman Begins, it makes sense that the ancient old secret society terrorist organization that was stopped in Batman Begins would have a cyclical idea to get revenge and go back to destroy the Batman and Gotham once and for all, right?

TDKR was disappointing, at least to me. So many damn plot-holes.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Segatti
    TDKR was disappointing, at least to me. So many damn plot-holes.
    Such as ...

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Everyone disappointed with Bane's death.

Bane is not dead.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Everyone disappointed with Bane's death.

Bane is not dead.
    Bane's dead. Canon blasts to the chest.

The trilogy is done, legend ends. Why would he be alive?

Disappointed with Bane's death = small brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Such as ...
    i know i know...it doesn't explain how batman poured oil on the bridge for the fiery bat signal.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    i know i know...it doesn't explain how batman poured oil on the bridge for the fiery bat signal.
    As if it even matters ...

And even then it's simple. He grapple gunned to the top of the bridge. Or stood on the wings of his stealth HOVER CRAFT to do it.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

It's never confirmed that he died just like it's never confirmed for most villains. Plus, he does play a role in The Justice League which is now Nolan's next project along with Superman.

Then there's the issue with that very thick vest of his.....

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    As if it even matters ...

And even then it's simple. He grapple gunned to the top of the bridge. Or stood on the wings of his stealth HOVER CRAFT to do it.
    i was being sarcastic to that guy...

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    It's never confirmed that he died just like it's never confirmed for most villains. Plus, he does play a role in The Justice League which is now Nolan's next project along with Superman.
    Since when is Bane in Justice League? Nolan's next project isn't Justice League. He hasn't even announced one yet. He is producing Man of Steel, and in a recent interview (IE a couple days ago for the blu ray release) he said he's producing Superman and then taking a break.

He's been head strong in not doing a superhero team up. He feels real character credibility comes from strong thematic solo character pieces. He's not doing the Justice League film. Nothing concrete has even been set up for that film, yet.

And Nolan's right. None of this stupid team up / continuity Marvel crap. Just give me great movies about the individual legends.

Bane died. Plain and simple, you tard. Those HUGE canons he gets blast with? They took out a wall of cars the scene before. How would he not be dead?

No amount of kevlar or body armor is stopping that ...

Plus, Bane is meant to die. He's on a suicide mission from the start. He would never let himself get taken into custody, and he's certainly not escaping all the GPD cops that over take the mercenaries and Blackgate prisoners.

Bane living is not logical, nor is it even insinuated.

Quote Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
    i was being sarcastic to that guy...
    I know, wasn't jumping on you. Just adding on. We're on the same page, bro.

This film doesn't have the amount of plot holes people think. It's all addressed in dialogue.

Does the film move briskly over the course of a LOT of time creating the feeling of plot holes? Yes. But it's just because Nolan was crafting an EPIC that spans a lot of time over the film.

TDK Rises from the opening prologue to the end covers 8 - 9 months. Miranda Tate when addressing Wayne about the energy project and how the only man who could turn it into a bomb died in a plane crash "3 months ago" so there was nothing to fear.

People need to listen better. Claiming Bruce didn't have time to heal. Really? They said the neutron bomb deteriorates at a span of 5 months from the time they take it off the core. Bruce Wayne is held in a jail cell before they do that ... and returns just a day or two before the detonation.

That's almost 6 months in a jail cell to recover and build his body / mind / spirit back up. That's half a year. And on the television, the CNN channel covers "the Siege of Gotham" going into it's 5th month.