Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: kobe: Footwork 101

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarip
    are you trolling? I can't tell
    yeah me too. that guy's off

Don't even respond to trolls like him. Thats all they want. They want the reaction. Just move on and ignore. Lets keep this thread on the right topic and thats Kobe's elite footwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izkRO9HYZaM

Just a pure joy to watch.

Damn I miss basketball.

on a side note, I do recall how this move by Lebron has impressed me at the time. And still does now... I always try to do it myself but it's really hard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F073Ii3zxJM#
    1:38

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    on a side note, I do recall how this move by Lebron has impressed me at the time. And still does now... I always try to do it myself but it's really hard:

Damn that's a pretty slick move. It's something that I would expect T-Mac to do...not LeBron

That was pretty nice. Thought he was about to travel like 2 times

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1st of all, Lebron has even greater work ethic.....

Lebron has footwork.... he just doesnt resort to moves where you can see his footwork like that so often as Kobe does, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot.... thats all Kobe does... Lebron is to talented, athletically gifted to resort to that...

A player contemplates within his boundaries and his physical boundaries...... with that i mean, take a look at 2:31 for example..... Kobe drived, stopped, pumpfaked, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake and then shoot.......

Kobe does that because he is not Lebron.... in that situation Lebron would have dunked or made an AND1 layup, he is just way to athletic/strong to resort to such what u call "footwork" scenarios .... he will be playing like Kobe does in those situations when his athleticism has completely vanished...

Here is one anology:

Lets say you are a 100 FEET TALL MONSTER and you play basketball.... would you just walk up to the rim and lay it in.......... or post up those ants... or pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot (act like you are actually being guarded).... understand what i mean? if you are that physically/athletically gifted with those skills you dont NEED TO BE DOING THAT............

if you have a 500" vertical leap.... would you just jump over everybody and dunk it........ or give the defender a chance to defend you by posting him up, pumpfaking and so on......

i am not defending Lebron or something......... but you have to understand why he does what he does and doesnt do what Kobe does.... and why Kobe cant do what Lebron does and thats why Kobe does something else to get the job done...

Last edited by G-Funk; 11-12-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS

looked like he lost his balance, doesn't look like that's something he worked on. I think he even surprised himself.

Local High School Star

Kobe's footwork is so beautiful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DatDudeD
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIGMs...el_video_title

Move at 2:31.... , im not sure if any guard other than MJ can make those moves.
    2:31.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    1st of all, Lebron has even greater work ethic.....

Lebron has footwork.... he just doesnt resort to moves where you can see his footwork like that so often as Kobe does, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot.... thats all Kobe does... Lebron is to talented, athletically gifted to resort to that...

A player contemplates within his boundaries and his physical boundaries...... with that i mean, take a look at 2:31 for example..... Kobe drived, stopped, pumpfaked, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake and then shoot.......

Kobe does that because he is not Lebron.... in that situation Lebron would have dunked or made an AND1 layup, he is just way to athletic/strong to resort to such what u call "footwork" scenarios .... he will be playing like Kobe does in those situations when his athleticism has completely vanished...

Here is one anology:

Lets say you are a 100 FEET TALL MONSTER and you play basketball.... would you just walk up to the rim and lay it in.......... or post up those ants... or pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot, pumpfake, pivot (act like you are actually being guarded).... understand what i mean? if you are that physically/athletically gifted with those skills you dont NEED TO BE DOING THAT............

if you have a 500" vertical leap.... would you just jump over everybody and dunk it........ or give the defender a chance to defend you by posting him up, pumpfaking and so on......

i am not defending Lebron or something......... but you have to understand why he does what he does and doesnt do what Kobe does.... and why Kobe cant do what Lebron does and thats why Kobe does something else to get the job done...
    insert #youAreThisMad meme.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    insert #youAreThisMad meme.
    You're calling others mad based on a 3 year old post?

Deal with it. LeBron at 29 >>>>>>>> Chuckbe and it's not even close.

Banned

GOAT

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

the legend of pauk continues....

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Sorry bruh, Kobe has already cemented himself amongst the 5-10 greatest ever, LeHoudini is not on that level, he's not even top 20.....not even close. 5>>>>>>>>> 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

why are you so angry? This isn't even about that. You reek of insecurity.