Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Will Anthony Davis suffer the same fate as Bosh and Love?

Dwight went from 23 to 17 ppg with the Lakers, and that was the 2nd option.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

Do you think it had anything to do with major back surgery and coming back 7 months earlier than he should have? Please let ISH know!

Odom went from 17/10/4 on Heat, to 10/8/2 on Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Do you think it had anything to do with major back surgery and coming back 7 months earlier than he should have? Please let ISH know!
    No

No

And there it was. Disgusting. It looked like an elongated piece of chicken fat, a yellowish-white mass, laid out next to a ruler and measuring approximately 5 1/2 inches.

“Yeah, that was the part on my nerve they had to pull out,” Howard said.

Howard’s teammate was right -- the piece that came off the disk in his back was revolting.

Oh and Dwight had a torn labrum.

You lose retard boy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    And there it was. Disgusting. It looked like an elongated piece of chicken fat, a yellowish-white mass, laid out next to a ruler and measuring approximately 5 1/2 inches.

“Yeah, that was the part on my nerve they had to pull out,” Howard said.

Howard’s teammate was right -- the piece that came off the disk in his back was revolting.

Oh and Dwight had a torn labrum.

You lose retard boy
    The irony of this post. All you have ever talked is shit about Howard during his time on the Lakers in 2013 until the moment he re-signed with the team this off season. Now you are here going on about shit that every one who wasn't sucking kobe's dick said? You were one of the biggest attackers of Dwight before now.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-22-2019 at 01:25 AM.

[QUOTE=AirTupac]And there it was. Disgusting. It looked like an elongated piece of chicken fat, a yellowish-white mass, laid out next to a ruler and measuring approximately 5 1/2 inches.

National High School Star tanibanana's Avatar

I am confident Davis would love to end up winning a Championship.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

No. Davis won't be marginalized the same way Bosh and Love were for several reasons.

He is better than both.
    LeBron is older and not the same player he was.
    The league has cahnged. You won' win with LeBron ball now, even with best LeBron.

So no.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Life before Lebron : lotto picks and missing the playoffs every year

Life with Lebron: finals every year and championships

Life after Lebron: lotto picks and missing the playoffs every year

So with that being said, ya he probably will "suffer" the same fate

Nah, I don't think he'll win a ring.

Uh, did Kevin Love even make the playoffs without LeBron?

Did Bosh even win a playoff series... in the "historically weak East"?

I'd much rather have a young Pau than a young Bosh or Love.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I can't tell if some people in here are actually being serious. Bosh played with Wade/LeBron. Of course his stats dropped? He went from being the focal point to the 3rd option. A distant one at that so not even a normal 3rd option. The T-Wolves were lottery teams. Your stats are most likely to get inflated on lotto teams rather than playoff teams/contenders.

Everyone who watched basketball back than knew Love's stats were inflated. I don't even remember it being much of a debate. Nobody who watched Kevin Love thought he was a legitimate 26/13 player. The league wasn't an offensively explosive when Bosh was with Miami either. The league was averaging 96-101 points.

I don't get why you'd think anybody's stats would get better going from being a 1st option to a 3rd option. That makes no sense.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    No, my years of watching Bosh in Miami and Love in Cleveland led me to that conclusion.

Go watch a random game from Bosh 2010 or KLove 2014 and then watch one from their LeBron days and tell me that one version isn't better than the other.

If you cant tell the difference between ineffective unchecked production of no consequence and playing in a winning situation with worse numbers you shouldnt be talking ball to begin with. A good player on a shit team is gonna be free to go to his spots and do as he pleases all game.....and lose. A good player playing with other good players will no be able to do as he pleases as often....and may produce worse numbers while winning. He wont be the guy plays are run for to get the ball where he wants it. He wont take 8 shots in the 4th to bring his team back or die trying. He wont usually play the same minutes either because his team doesnt need him on the floor to play well.

Jordan, Pippen, and Kukoc dont make Ron Harper worse at basketball because he was leading the Clippers and became a role player with them. Ron put up 30/9/8 in his last full game on the clippers. Never had a game like that again. It isnt Pippen and Jordans fault. Earl Monroe was all nba first team on the Bullets and led them to the finals.....then hes on the Knicks as a role player doing 11ppg.

Not worse at basketball.

Playing different basketball.

And winning rings.

Tony Campbell was a 6ppg player on Showtime.....goes to Minnesota...puts up 23ppg. Did he learn to play basketball in 2 months? No....thats the difference between being on a champion and being the man on a team that doesnt matter. Mark Aguirre being a 25ppg player on the Mavs at 28 but a 15ppg player on the Pistons at 29 doesnt mean he forgot how to score. Neither did Adrian Dantley when he went from 30ppg 56% shooting all star to 20 a game never making the ASG again on the pistons. Nick Anderson was a 20ppg guy....but guess what? He doesnt get to be that playing with Shaq and Penny.

Antawn Jamison 25 and 22 a game on the warriors including back to back 50 point games. He doesnt do that playing for a real team in Dallas does he? You dont give the Lakers 51 when Dirk is on your team...because Dirk is the man and not you. You put up 14ppg...and you get into the playoffs for once.

Rashard Lewis is the man in Seattle...22ppg. Guess what? Hes not the man in Orlando. Dwight is the man. So he scores less and shoots worse from the field because a higher percentage of his shots are spotting up playing off the superior player. His primary value playing off a great interior player? Spacing the floor. Of course he shoots worse overall.....and has a better team for it.

Glen Rice doesnt get to have the offense run through him on the Lakers....so hes not scoring 22-27ppg anymore. Hes playing less minutes and in a 3rd guy role...Shaq and Kobe didnt "turn" him into anything. He adjusted to superior players who got to eat first. He stands back and spaces the floor like hes supposed to. And he wins a ring.

You dont go from being the man playing 39 minutes a game on a team that doesnt matter to being not just the other guy....but the OTHER other guy on a title team playing less minutes and not being the focal point and have the same production or do the same things.

How on earth is anyone still needed to be told these things in 2019?

If you dont want to give up getting the ball in your spots all the time and scoring 25ppg you stay on your shit team and be Devin Booker for 10 years....or you can:

Kevin Love look like hed rather have the ending to his 2014 when he had 40, 43, and 19 the last 3....and lost all of them playing with Corey Brewer and Dieng?

These are grown ass men making business and personal decisions to win games at the expense of being a franchise player.

They bought their rings with a big down payment of irrelevant stats and a few installments of respect from fans who dont know anything about basketball.

Love is now in his late prime at 30 and a franchise player again on a max contract...already having had success plenty of legends dream of. Bosh has his medical issue but instead of playing his last 5 years getting steamrolled in Toronto he got to do the steam rolling and retire with the 120 million he got after getting ringed up.

Let us all "suffer" the same fate please.

I promise you....Anthony Davis WANTS to "suffer" that fate. He just spent 5 years putting up prime Hakeem numbers and demanded to leave at the cost of being the most hated man in his former city and leaving a supermax offer on the table AND giving back his 4 million dollar trade kicker trying to get his new team more talent.

That strike you as a guy likely to be upset if his numbers fall off while he wins?

Guy says keep your 250 million, **** these fans, **** this 28ppg....I demand to play with Lebron...and will give our team even more money to sign other good players....

And you think hes cares about his numbers and what you think of him more than winning?

This may be the most overt "I dont care about numbers while im losing" situation in the history of the NBA.

He just wants that game 7 lockerroom celebration. He probably watched Love and felt salty as hell. Hes out there dropping 40 and losing to the Hawks with Luke ****ing Babbit as his sidekick while love gets to score 12 points and make a great defensive stand vs Steph to win a ring because Lebron and Kyrie did the heavy lifting? And they both get paid the same? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

That Love/Bosh role was probably looking real flavorful to a lot of people at that moment. And Davis unlike them is way younger than Lebron. The Lakers are his team either now or very soon.

Hes fine. Better than fine.

Hes in about as good a position as any young star likely can be. Good team....good money...good city....great franchise. This dude is in Space jam 2.

I think he can afford to give up 3 ISOs a night and still sleep well.....