Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: I feel for Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    No he didn't. He wasn't the one negotiating. Sorry but do you know how idiotic the Knicks management are. They hand out draft picks like candy. They gave up 2 picks for Andrea Bargani, a player the Raptors were about to amnesty.
    melo wanted the knicks, but he wouldnt become a FA and risk the money (right before the lockout)

nuggets FO didnt have to accept an eddy curry and a 2nd round pick offer just because knicks fans and melo liked the idea

remember they were negotiating this trade for months (with the Nets bidding as well)

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    i never got this shit. didnt he grow up in baltimore? what a fake.
    jordan was also born in brooklyn but his home is north carolina.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    melo wanted the knicks, but he wouldnt become a FA and risk the money (right before the lockout)

nuggets FO didnt have to accept an eddy curry and a 2nd round pick offer just because knicks fans and melo liked the idea

remember they were negotiating this trade for months (with the Nets bidding as well)
    And Melo made the right call because it turns out he would have lost money if he had gone to the Knicks as a free agent. Of course the Nuggets didn't have to accept a shit package but the Knicks didn't have to overpay either. The Nuggets used the Nets to play the Knicks because I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have preferred the package the Nets gave up for Deron Williams. The Rockets are asking for 2 1st rounders for Omer Asik, no team would give up that much for a guy who wants out, if it was the Knicks they'd pay more than they have to. It's not a Melo specific issue the Knicks front office is just a mess.