Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default How good is Gordon Hayward?

Is he a max contract type of player capable of one day leading Utah to the promised land?

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Default Re: How good is Gordon Hayward?

No, he's becoming an all-star level starter, but (clearly) no superstar.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Is he a max contract type of player capable of one day leading Utah to the promised land?

No. You're thinking of Joseph Smith.

Iggy level contract - 4 years, 48 million. That's what he will probably get.

Nope. He's an excellent all-around guy, but best suited to being the #3 or #4 guy on offense. Unfortunately he's probably going to be given a max contract by someone (which is why the Jazz were trying to lock him up early like Favors) and I don't think he'll be with the Jazz next year.

lol what?
    he is average at best.. not even close to an all star

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Nope. He's an excellent all-around guy, but best suited to being the #3 or #4 guy on offense. Unfortunately he's probably going to be given a max contract by someone (which is why the Jazz were trying to lock him up early like Favors) and I don't think he'll be with the Jazz next year.
    who is foolish enough to max this guy out though, I can imagine only Milwaukee or some desperate team. Utah is desperate though, remember that massive contract they gave to AK47 to keep him around?

who is foolish enough to max this guy out though, I can imagine only Milwaukee or some desperate team. Utah is desperate though, remember that massive contract they gave to AK47 to keep him around?
    Phoenix and Boston are both supposedly heavily into him. Brad Stevens coached him at Butler and is a big fan. It might not be a max, but I think they'll offer him a deal in the 4 years, $56-$58 million range, which I don't think Utah will match.

And that deal they gave to AK is exactly why they won't/shouldn't give Hayward a similar deal. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Banned

Sometimes watching Hayward though he looks like a stronger version of Kirilenko with better handles and a much better shooter, with equal passing, AK being a better shotblocker but both pretty equal defenders.

Sometimes watching Hayward though he looks like a stronger version of Kirilenko with better handles and a much better shooter, with equal passing, AK being a better shotblocker but both pretty equal defenders.
    At his best AK was a WAY better defender than Hayward...are you on dope?

Hayward just had the worst shooting game in Jazz history (1-17) and he hasn't shown much improvement since he got into the league.

Giving him max contract money is not going to happen and if it does by some odd chance the Jazz F/O should be fired.

Definitely a better shooter and ball handler. AK was a more natural power forward though (which he couldn't play after his got his big contract due to Boozer and Okur), where Hayward isn't. He's struggling with his shot this year (38.8FG%) because he's forced to be a number 1 option when he's not one. Put him on a good team with some other offensive talent and he'll most likely go back to being a 45%-47% shooter from the field.

I usually hit open layups

He's good until the last 5 minutes of a game. 4 year $48 mil is about right for him.

He is the second coming of Larry Bird

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

in terms of help defense, AK47 is better, in terms of man D, I think they are about equal with Hayword being better because he's stronger/more athletic.