Good college starter

Default Religion isnt an reason for violence

Its just an EXCUSE.

When I hear guys say "the world would be better without religion" when they hear some violent shit going on, it just makes me smh. Religion is just the excuse some people use to justify their violence. If you take away religion....they will just find something else.

Its like you see a violent guy with a knife and you take it away. Hes only gonna pick up another one. Its in humans nature to be violent, to kill, to do all those terrible things. Taking away religion wont do shit .

Default Re: Religion isnt an reason for violence

Anything can be turned into an excuse for violence.

Banned

Yeah it gets overused too much.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

as an atheist, I agree that most of these sickos would still be violent with or without religion.

It is a problem that people think their violence is morally justified by some book written at the same time that it was commonly believed the world was flat

do you really think these isis bastards do what they do in the name of allah? or because they just want some kind of purpose in their worthless lives here on earth.

I've asked before and I'll ask again;

.Genital Mutilation
    .Faith Schools
    . Mental torture (threatening eternal Hell fire, Limbo, life after death)
    ..Anti stem-cell/Contraception
    . Antisemitism
    . Child Sacrifice
    . "I Only need one book in my life"

All these things are evils. At least one of these things will be done by most religious people at some point in their life. The only justification? Religion. Seeing as you think we can just use a different reason, give me some. Explain how without religion any of those things can be justified.

When most people against religion argue against it they don't (at least the intelligent ones) just talk about Suicide bombing and child molestation as reasons for it to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    I've asked before and I'll ask again;

.Genital Mutilation
    .Faith Schools
    . Mental torture (threatening eternal Hell fire, Limbo, life after death)
    ..Anti stem-cell/Contraception
    . Antisemitism
    . Child Sacrifice
    . "I Only need one book in my life"

All these things are evils. At least one of these things will be done by most religious people at some point in their life. The only justification? Religion. Seeing as you think we can just use a different reason, give me some. Explain how without religion any of those things can be justified.

When most people against religion argue against it they don't (at least the intelligent ones) just talk about Suicide bombing and child molestation as reasons for it to go.
    How is this mental torture? You dont believe this concept to be true. So why do you care?

Also, whats wrong with faith schools?

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Its just an EXCUSE.

When I hear guys say "the world would be better without religion" when they hear some violent shit going on, it just makes me smh. Religion is just the excuse some people use to justify their violence. If you take away religion....they will just find something else.
    No one can be this stupid.

So the Germans are just evil people, they weren't manipulate with never ending propaganda to believe and act in some way?

They always wanted to kill jews, the natzi party and nazism it's just an EXCUSE

What's your excuse for being so incredibly dumb?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    No one can be this stupid.

So the Germans are just evil people, they weren't manipulate with never ending propaganda to believe and act in some way?

They always wanted to kill jews, the natzi party and nazism it's just an EXCUSE

What's your excuse for being so incredibly dumb?
    You got brain cancer bro? How can you be this retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    How is this mental torture? You dont believe this concept to be true. So why do you care?

Also, whats wrong with faith schools?
    I didn't say against Atheists. Most of those things only affect religious people. How many parents do you think have suffered over the years when told that their dead unbaptized babies were in Limbo? There are millions of religious people around the world who have been traumatized or irrationally fearful of Hell.

Everything. It denies kids the chance to a fair and balanced upbringing where they can chose for themselves. Most people who go to a faith school (I am talking about strictly religious, like the Jewish ones here in the UK where only Jewish kids can go, and only learn about things that are in accordance with the Jewish faith) will never leave the faith. How could they? They have been brain washed since childhood. I grew up in a Christian Country, went to a Muslim school and a Catholic College yet I am an Atheist. I was taught about evolution and creationism. I had a fair shot at choosing which one I agreed with. Many do not.

So, I hope you see and agree that those faith schools are evil. Even to some extent teaching creationism is pretty bad. There is a reason most states said no, could you imagine the reputation a state would get if they admitted that in one class they taught the science of Charles Darwin and then tried to put the fairy tale of the Bible on the same level?

rank sentamentalist

if sam harris read the op, he would be correct to call it a whitewash of religious culpability and a reduction of religious belief into insignificance.

the broad sweeping statement "religion is just an excuse" is almost as silly as "religion is the only reason".

I didn't say against Atheists. Most of those things only affect religious people. How many parents do you think have suffered over the years when told that their dead unbaptized babies were in Limbo? There are millions of religious people around the world who have been traumatized or irrationally fearful of Hell.

Everything. It denies kids the chance to a fair and balanced upbringing where they can chose for themselves. Most people who go to a faith school (I am talking about strictly religious, like the Jewish ones here in the UK where only Jewish kids can go, and only learn about things that are in accordance with the Jewish faith) will never leave the faith. How could they? They have been brain washed since childhood. I grew up in a Christian Country, went to a Muslim school and a Catholic College yet I am an Atheist. I was taught about evolution and creationism. I had a fair shot at choosing which one I agreed with. Many do not.

So, I hope you see and agree that those faith schools are evil. Even to some extent teaching creationism is pretty bad. There is a reason most states said no, could you imagine the reputation a state would get if they admitted that in one class they taught the science of Charles Darwin and then tried to put the fairy tale of the Bible on the same level?
    Lol. How is this concept "mental torture"? Or better yet, how is this any different from any line of punishment?

This line of reasoning never ceases to amaze me. Once again you want to impose your will by twisting a concept that you disagree with.

Lol. How is this concept "mental torture"? Or better yet, how is this any different from any line of punishment?

This line of reasoning never ceases to amaze me. Once again you want to impose your will by twisting a concept that you disagree with.