Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore i cant dunk's Avatar

Default Re: am i the only one that thinks the cavs would be dumb to trade for love

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    It could end up being a huge mistake, but what if Wiggins ends up being a bust? Then we'll be looking back at this and calling the Cavs idiots for not trading for Love. I personally would go with the proven talent over a gamble.

The problem is that LeBron is still in his prime, and these are the years you need to take advantage of to win chips with him. Wiggins likely won't develop into the star he should be for at least 2-3 years. IMO, Love makes the Cavs favorite in the East, whereas Wiggins would make the Cavs 2nd or 3rd favorite in the East.
    Fair enough
    i just think it would be devastating to see cleveland back to square 1 in 2 years with no prospects. how often does a team get first overall picks let alone throw them at other teams.

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Default Re: am i the only one that thinks the cavs would be dumb to trade for love

It's tough to imagine that the Cavs are pursuing Love and not knowing he would commit long term. I think they know he will commit.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    It's tough to imagine that the Cavs are pursuing Love and not knowing he would commit long term. I think they know he will commit.

I don't know if you hand Lebron a contact, if being afraid of committment is a concern of yours.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    If I told you that you could have a rookie who could become a superstar, or a 25 yr old guy who puts up 26/12 right now, which would you pick?

If they keep Wiggins they have 16M cap space, if they trade for Love they have 6. Love plays zero defense. It's a no brainer, keep the prodigy and the cap space or you will have last years Miami squad part deux. Then of course Lewail will say he has no help. He's becoming bad for the game.