Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Default Re: So since Baron Davis hasn't signed the contract...

Legally: yes he can. The NBA specifically prohibits any kind of binding contract, writen or otherwise, until July 9th. His rep might take a hit, but it is well within the rules for him to sign with anyone he wants.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    clippers can still get somebody, whether its randolph, okafor, smith, or resigning maggette. baron will not back out of the deal.
    yep. he dont wanna play for donnie "beercan" nelson

Quote Originally Posted by iggy>
    clippers can still get somebody, whether its randolph, okafor, smith, or resigning maggette. baron will not back out of the deal.
    I wouldn't take anyone off that list unless you can mesh Randolph and Okafor. I'd rather sign minimum guys then try to make a splash next offseason while adding Jennings this summer. I'd even let Davis go elsewhere if he wants

Edit: I just find it ironic we could have had Emeka Okafor or Dwight Howard but chose to trade down for Shaun Livingston instead.

This is gonna be interesting, I can't imagine Baron will stay if this is true, he has no reason to. And if that's true, does GS take him back?

Local High School Star

I don't understand the problem. If you were to accept a job offer from a company, then received an offer from another company before your start date, that would be perfectly acceptable. A contract hasn't been signed. Until Davis' pen touches the paper, he's a free agent.

I don't understand the problem. If you were to accept a job offer from a company, then received an offer from another company before your start date, that would be perfectly acceptable. A contract hasn't been signed. Until Davis' pen touches the paper, he's a free agent.
    take a couple business classes please...not saying it applies to this situation because it's different with the nba's rules for when teams can agree to terms with players. to me this is a unique situation.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    take a couple business classes please...not saying it applies to this situation because it's different with the nba's rules for when teams can agree to terms with players. to me this is a unique situation.

Baron had prelimary discussions with the Clippers, not a verbal contact. The CBA specifically prohibits any closure of negotiations before July 9th. Baron had a conversation with the Clips, not a contract...of any sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Baron had prelimary discussions with the Clippers, not a verbal contact. The CBA specifically prohibits any closure of negotiations before July 9th. Baron had a conversation with the Clips, not a contract...of any sort.
    he had a verbal agreement.

he had a verbal agreement.
    But not a legally binding one...since that is specially not allowed under the CBA.

Local High School Star

I've reneged on job offers before and didn't feel bad about it. Until I start working, I'm not an official employee yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    But not a legally binding one...since that is specially not allowed under the CBA.
    hey i'm not disagreeing with you. just saying...i hope b diddy bounces and the clipps get screwed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I've reneged on job offers before and didn't feel bad about it. Until I start working, I'm not an official employee yet.
    ok.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Boozer was getting lowballed, Davis isn't.
    That's not the point I'm trying to get across. My point is that there have been verbal agreements in the past and they didn't exactly turn out like they were suppose to.

Remember John Salmons. Dude was suppose to play for the Raptors, yet he said God didn't want him there and suddenly he is a King although he had a verbal agreement.

Baron would have no where else to go, he doesn't want to play in GSW cuz of Nelson and Clippers were the only other team stepping up. He has no choice, he is ****ed... Karma is a ***** Baron

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    Baron would have no where else to go, he doesn't want to play in GSW cuz of Nelson and Clippers were the only other team stepping up. He has no choice, he is ****ed... Karma is a ***** Baron
    Idt the warriors could afford him anymore with maggette going there anyway. But oh well. I feel bad for Baron if he really did agree to the contract because of Brand