Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If Lakers Could Trade Odom for Marion

lo is a better passer and better at creating his own shot, and doesnt want to be in the spotlight as much as marion. sounds like odom is the right choice for the lakers.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I remember there was this Laker homer on here once who was crapping on about Farmar being good enough to start on 20+ teams.

that's what you read about every young scrub on their team before they get traded or beore it becomes TOO obvious it's a scrub
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:24 AM   #18
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I remember there was this Laker homer on here once who was crapping on about Farmar being good enough to start on 20+ teams.

The PG the Lakers need is Calderon. And I think Marion is better for this team in the long run than Odom, but the difference is not enough for me to bother.

Calderon is the player we need. Jose Calderon.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #19
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

LOL...

marion is NOT a better rebounder than lamar odom...

watch a game
brandonislegend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:47 AM   #20
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
LOL...

marion is NOT a better rebounder than lamar odom...

watch a game

-------------------Odom------------------Marion
Rebs this season: 10.5-----------------------10.2
Career Rebs:---------8.8------------------------10.1

In my opinion, Marion is a better rebounder. They're averaging about the same about of rebs per game this season, but in their career Marion is about 1.5 rebs per game better. But with Pau and Bynum in the lineup, im sure rebounding isnt an issue. With Kobe and Pau, they need someone that can play without having plays called for them, which happens to Marion.....
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #21
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
that's what you read about every young scrub on their team before they get traded or beore it becomes TOO obvious it's a scrub

Word.

The other day I saw Ariza getting compared to Wallace. Crazy. And look at Luke Walton now. Didn't I hear he was a SF that could shoot the lights out and pass like a PG? Where is the love?
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:40 AM   #22
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

If it's only for this season, Lakers will gladly take Marion instead of Odom. Marion give much improved defense, same rebound rate and other intangibles. Where do you think he got the name "Matrix" from?

Here is a guy who rarely has any play called for him but still average 15+ ppg with a great FG%. Here is a guy who is quick enough and athletic enough to guard the whole opposition team. If I have Kobe and Gasol on my team, I'd want a guy who mind my backcourt and can guard the best player in the opponent's team because there's nothing more disheartening to a scorer than to see his team give up points too easily.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:50 AM   #23
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Marion
+ 3pt shooting
+ shot blocking
+ finishing around the basket
+ FT%

Odom
+ hustle
+ passing
+ ball handling
+ Iso

Rebounding is around equal but marion gets a lot of easy basket thru putbacks.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #24
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

I feel that Odom is a better fit for the Lakers becaus he is able to create his own shoot, but Marion brings hustle and a lot more playoff experince
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #25
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
I feel that Odom is a better fit for the Lakers becaus he is able to create his own shoot, but Marion brings hustle and a lot more playoff experince
considering that the Lakers dont really have a good SF (I dont consider Luke Walton or Radmonovic good b/c they're inconsistent), and the Lakers are kind of stacked at the PF and C position (with Pau, Turiaf, LO, Bynum, and Mihm who is coming back soon), they could afford to trade LO for a solid SF who doesnt need plays called for him like Marion
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: