Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Celtics Extend Jaylen Brown 4 years-$115 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I have a feeling the Celts are going to be a mess this season. You are going to have Tatum and Brown out there trying to prove too much. Tatum has already said a goal this season is to average 20ppg. That's not something you want to hear. What you want to hear is that he wants to do whatever he can to win. A player saying a goal is to average a certain ppg is not a good sign. Then Brown will want to prove he is worth this contract extension. As I said before, Hayward could be back to his 2017 level, but it won't matter because he's too unselfish. He'll just take a backseat to Tatum and Brown whether he is better than them or not as he just isn't the type of guy to force the issue. He's always looking for the best play for the team and not himself. This won't be true for either Tatum or Brown.
    Nah Celtics are going to be very good. They are already a lot more cohesive without Kyrie

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's a testament to what a wonderfully mature guy I am that a certain thread is not getting bumped. Hisnumbers dropped a little but he was not actually worse, his role just changed, coming off the bench and trying to fit Hayward into the offense.

I don

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's a testament to what a wonderfully mature guy I am that a certain thread is not getting bumped. Hisnumbers dropped a little but he was not actually worse, his role just changed, coming off the bench and trying to fit Hayward into the offense.

And you're cool with paying a guy that was coming off the bench $115 million? Eek la veek.

I'm sorry, but under no circumstances is Jaylen Brown worth that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Heild wishing he signed his contract with disappearing ink right about now.

Dude is going to be a millionaire for the rest of his life, his kids and their kids will be living off of this contract as well...I'm sure he's not stressing it.

90m guaranteed, potentially 106m if he meets incentives.

For Brown I would say this is a great move.

For the Celtics, not so sure. They obviously know his game better than I do but he hasn't been that impressive so far.

LOL

Damn. Good for him.

Doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Dude is going to be a millionaire for the rest of his life, his kids and their kids will be living off of this contract as well...I'm sure he's not stressing it.

90m guaranteed, potentially 106m if he meets incentives.
    You don't know this. Many NBA players are super materialistic and blow all their money on useless shit that won't mean anything and they go bankrupt. Not saying he will, but it happens pretty regularly.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raprap
    Damn. Good for him.

Doesn’t he represent himself too? No agent correct?
    He hired an agent for these negotiations. Previously he had nothing to negotiate (rookie scale is set), so there’s no reason to think he’s some mastermind, although I’m sure that’s what he wants you to think.

This contract is unbelievable. I can’t believe he got more than $20 mil per year. I guess I was way off in my estimation of GMs. I always figured the rule was if you are lucky enough to get offered an early extension, you get offered what you are worth based on current production and nothing based off potential. Then you can decide to take the security or bet on yourself. Geez.
    Last edited by brooks_thompson; 10-21-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

[quote=Kblaze8855]I don

Why don

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    And you're cool with paying a guy that was coming off the bench $115 million? Eek la veek.

I'm sorry, but under no circumstances is Jaylen Brown worth that kind of money.
    Why should I care? It's not my money. Unless this is going to keep them from signing Giannis or somebody I am happy to see a talented young player stay in Boston. Felt the same way about Smart last year, who I thought was overpaid.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

The thing is if Brown was, say, the ninth pick, he wouldn’t have gotten this much money. It’s wild to me how draft position still holds sway past rookie year reference.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    LOL

Celtics

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Everyone thought Ainge was some mastermind.

Dude just took advantage of an impatient previous owner of the Nets and did IT dirty.

People thought he was playing chess when he didn't all-in and trade for DMC, PG13, Butler, or Kawhi.. Woj and company swore up and down that Boston were going to get AD and pair him with Kyrie..

Now look at him. No Kyrie. Just got a budget, less efficient version in Walker. No AD. Just got Enes Kanter... Celtics now are relying on Tatum and Brown making a leap when they did nothing but underperform.. Now one of them is being rewarded for it.

Celtics missed their championship window and the fans can all thank good ol' penny pinching Ainge for it.