Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Bistro Rufus 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    any good pumpkin pie recipes or thanksgiving dishes/tips?
    I will post some Thanksgiving recipes next month. I'm not very good a desserts. Baking is a little too precise for me. I leave that for my wife who's quite good at it. If cooking is an art I'm sort of the Jackson Pollack type.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    How dare you one up me!... I'm kidding. Got this place saved now for the next time I'm in the desert.
    Guero's is overrated.

Give me BKs any day of the week. Well, the location on 1st, not the one on the southside. For some reason, that one is way different

So today I cut out the last of the basil I had in the garden and thought I'd make a pesto with it.

First I roasted some pine nuts in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes.

Then I put them in a food processor with some garlic and parmesan cheese and pulsed until everything was ground fine.

Then in goes the basil and I slowly added olive oil while the processor was running.

This is a great sauce to use with pasta or on steak, chicken or grilled fish. When storing I add a little olive oil on top which keeps it from turning brown and then cover with plastic wrap to keep air out. It will keep in the fridge for the next week or so.

turns illusions for $ ShannonElements's Avatar

What are your thoughts on all these food kit subscription services? I've had Hello Fresh for about a year now and I've learned a lot but still not to the degree of just brainstorming creative ideas like you do. Or when I do it doesn't turn out all that well like the "Hella Fresh" tacos I made the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    What are your thoughts on all these food kit subscription services? I've had Hello Fresh for about a year now and I've learned a lot but still not to the degree of just brainstorming creative ideas like you do. Or when I do it doesn't turn out all that well like the "Hella Fresh" tacos I made the other day.

I haven't tried any but several neighbors of mine use them. Certainly if you're busy and don't have time to shop, prep, etc. these kits are probably a lot better than eating out every night or worse getting fast food. I have heard that some of them are hit or miss though.

Okay Highwhey, this one's for you, a Mexican or I should say Mexican-inspired dish since I'm the gringoest of gringos.

Enchiladas Verdes

I start by poaching some chicken. Here I've taken some boneless chicken breasts and placed them in a pot of water along with an onion, some smashed garlic and a Tbs of salt. I bring it to a gentle simmer and poach for 20 minutes.

After letting them cool I shred the chicken, season it with a little salsa verde and roll it up along with some avocado in flour tortillas (you can use corn too).

A little salsa verde goes into a baking dish.

In go the enchiladas and topped with salsa verde, queso fresco and cheddar cheese. Then into a 375 oven.

I usually serve these with hot sauce and crema on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Okay Highwhey, this one's for you, a Mexican or I should say Mexican-inspired dish since I'm the gringoest of gringos.

Enchiladas Verdes

I start by poaching some chicken. Here I've taken some boneless chicken breasts and placed them in a pot of water along with an onion, some smashed garlic and a Tbs of salt. I bring it to a gentle simmer and poach for 20 minutes.

After letting them cool I shred the chicken, season it with a little salsa verde and roll it up along with some avocado in flour tortillas (you can use corn too).

In go the enchiladas and topped with salsa verde, queso fresco and cheddar cheese. Then into a 375 oven.

These look great af

I'd probably eat half that pan lol

Looks easy as well. I've been poaching chicken lately bc it's easy and you don't have to introduce oil/extra calories.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yes!
    What are good indian dishes that don't use lots of cream and milk? I love the indian food my friend's parents make because you can't get it at a restaurant but can't eat restaurant indian food. The taste of it stays in my mouth the entire day.

It's a combination of the high milk content and some of the spices I think.

Enchiladas Verdes

Damn. I'm making this shit tonight.

I've been making some mean fajitas on the weber kettle with the cast iron pan lately. The steak just tastes so much better when cooked pretty fast on the weber.

Are you into reverse searing of steaks?

More on the weber kettle - I've never had chicken so juicy and moist when using this thing. Oven dries it out too much in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    What are good indian dishes that don't use lots of cream and milk? I love the indian food my friend's parents make because you can't get it at a restaurant but can't eat restaurant indian food. The taste of it stays in my mouth the entire day.

It's a combination of the high milk content and some of the spices I think.
    You can omit the cream in Tika Masala and Butter Chicken and the flavors are basically the same, just a little sharper.

I'm new to Indian food but I like what I've tried so far. The best is how cooking with those spices makes the house smell amazing.

I really like curry laksa. That's probably the next dish I'm gonna try at home.

Enchiladas were amazing man. Put it in for about 18 mins. So good.

Enchiladas were amazing man. Put it in for about 18 mins. So good.

I've been making some mean fajitas on the weber kettle with the cast iron pan lately.

So you put a cast iron skillet on the grill? What kind of meat do you use?

Excellent thread one of my favorite and easy recipes is for a birria style taco. You take a beef roast and slow cook it with water chile ancho, guajillo, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, salt, pepper, bay leaf. After 8 hours shred it. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Excellent thread one of my favorite and easy recipes is for a birria style taco. You take a beef roast and slow cook it with water chile ancho, guajillo, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, salt, pepper, bay leaf. After 8 hours shred it. So good.

Nice! You do that in a slow cooker?