Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is Draymond Green the most unique player in NBA history?

if you put Draymond Green on a team like the pistons his numbers and efficiency would drop, he'd still be a good starter but he's not a superstar at all.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    He's extremely unique yea, but I wouldn't call him the MOST unique ever, not really.
    I can name plenty of more-unique players, even some more-unique role-players.

I think you're exaggerating his defensive versatility a little bit... He's definitely an elite defensive player, versatile af on D and one of the best ever at guarding many different types of players and such, BUT there have been players (not many though) who were better at the whole guarding 1-5 thing, throughout history.

And I don't think I would ever refer to Draymond's offensive capabilities as "killing defenders"... Plus, you're overrating his dribbling skills there.
    Most of his assists come from fastbreak plays and "in-between" plays after p&r's with Curry and such, it's not like he's bringing the ball up the court then crossing nikkas up and making plays or something.

With that said, I've mentioned many times before that, imo, his named will be mentioned alongside Bobby Jones, Dennis Rodman, Manu Ginobili, Michael Cooper... as one of the GOAT role-players. Dude's that good, and still young.

Hmm... Draymond can do his thing in the post but he ain't really ****ing with Diaw there. Plus, Boris has better soft-touch around the rim.
    Prime Diaw was a bit better, more efficient scorer, without shooting as many 3's.
    Green is - clearly - already better than Diaw as ever been on the defensive end.
    Both very good passers in their own "way", with lots of vision, even capable of handling the rock.
    Dray has the edge on rebounding and hustles more though, probably a better work-ethic.
    Why do you bold everything? It makes reading your posts harder for no reason. It's just really trashy...what's worse is you actually post decent commentary often enough to wnat to read what you have to say.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    if you put Draymond Green on a team like the pistons his numbers and efficiency would drop, he'd still be a good starter but he's not a superstar at all.
    Isn't that part of being unique?

As for unique lets add Kirlinko! hopefully spelled close? Anyway AK47 was a whole other unique dude! Green is a lot like a lot of players. His defense is insane and he's a better 3 point shooter than most guys ever his side (all?). Still, others played his style.

AK47? Dude was just a whole other kind of player.

He's a role player lol. Put this guy on the Nets and he wouldn't be having these games. Like how Nash got a ton of players paid, Curry is getting players paid. Green is good but definitely a product of playing next to one of the best shooters in NBA history. Curry might actually be the best. On second thought, yes, Curry is the best shooter ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Agreed

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    He's a role player lol. Put this guy on the Nets and he wouldn't be having these games. Like how Nash got a ton of players paid, Curry is getting players paid. Green is good but definitely a product of playing next to one of the best shooters in NBA history. Curry might actually be the best. On second thought, yes, Curry is the best shooter ever.
    Worse case he's 10x better offensively than rodman and 70% as good defensively....that's still a hell of a player.

Pistons would be sick with DrayGod. He would be a perfect fit next to Drummond, and his P&R/P ability would still be effective with Jackson and/or Jennings. I bet SVG has dreams about trading for DrayGod.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Pistons would be sick with DrayGod. He would be a perfect fit next to Drummond, and his P&R/P ability would still be effective with Jackson and/or Jennings. I bet SVG has dreams about trading for DrayGod.
    They'd have a pretty nasty front court.

Barkley.
    The end.

GUS JOHNSON.

About a 6'6-6'7 physical specimen. I believe he began his career as a small forward, but was quickly shuffled to the power forward position. He was checking not on the premier forwards of the day like Elgin Baylor and Dave DeBusschere, but was also in the paint with Wilt Chamberlain and on the perimeter chasing around Jerry West.

Quote Originally Posted by notatop29pg
    Anthony Mason was Draymond Green before there was a Draymond Green.
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Barkley.
    The end.

Yup, Sir Charles, too.

The most unique player ever is shaq and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    Barkley.
    The end.
    Yeah, Barkley was a great defender

3-time NBA All-Star

another thread proving bran stans are so shook of curry.