Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: I hate skinny dudes at the gym

ugh i start practice when i get back to school and we're going to be doing a lot of weightlifting this year. if this is how people really think i'm going to get mad fun of a lot

Well, this is an online forum after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    ugh i start practice when i get back to school and we're going to be doing a lot of weightlifting this year. if this is how people really think i'm going to get mad fun of a lot

I started lifting at 15 at 5'8" 130lbs looking like I came out of aushwitz for football and after two years I was 5'10" 180lbs and jacked. Started benching literally 65lbs and was at 275 by senior year. Everyone started somewhere and people like the OP are very rare. Just insecure guys who need to put people down to boost their egos. Plus you're black so your genetics are probably toptier. As someone who made it I love seeing guys starting to lift and taking it seriously. Dat street hunger is great to see

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    What sport?

Here's something crazy to consider.

Not giving a shit about anyone else or their opinions ever.

I'll show up to the gym in my underwear, smoking a cigarette and work out.

The only people I really hate in the gym are half reppers. Especially on the bench, since its the ego lift.

You see people in the gym get in there, put 225lbs on, and lift it 5 times while barely going down halfway, and it shouldn't bother you, but it does. Just because you know that dude goes out and tells his friends/girlfriend, etc that he benches 225lbs, while you on the other hand put in 9 or 10 months of hard work when you first started lifting just to get to there.

The 225lbs mark is seriously the happiest I ever felt reaching a gym goal, and some people just ruin that for others who actually work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    I started lifting at 15 at 5'8" 130lbs looking like I came out of aushwitz for football and after two years I was 5'10" 180lbs and jacked. Started benching literally 65lbs and was at 275 by senior year. Everyone started somewhere and people like the OP are very rare. Just insecure guys who need to put people down to boost their egos. Plus you're black so your genetics are probably toptier. As someone who made it I love seeing guys starting to lift and taking it seriously. Dat street hunger is great to see
    you were actually around my size (I'm maybe an inch or two taller.) i'm not really concerned about being jacked just kind of toned a little bit. i'm skinny enough to where if i do a lot of pushups a day for like a month my arms start to get bigger
    i probably won't take it too seriously though...
    Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    What sport?
    track

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

You're lifting for the wrong reasons then. You don't deserve to be anywhere near the bar if that's really your mindset towards it.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?
    I used to be 6' 145 coming out of high school. Didn't start getting serious about lifting until 3 years ago. Now I'm at 186 currently and working my way up to 205.

Everyone starts somewhere, even the skinny guys. When I first got in the gym I started off super light so I could have proper form and technique without getting hurt. Yea, I felt insecure about it at first. But then I realized I'm not lifting for f*ggots like you who think they're the shit just because they've been working out longer. I'm lifting for myself.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    So you go to the gym to impress other men, nice.
    this

you train for yourself

OP i hope the bar slips and breaks your neck

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I'll show up to the gym naked, smoking my underwear and don't work out.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Here's something crazy to consider.

Not giving a shit about anyone else or their opinions ever.

LOL.

There's this 60 year old reformed meth addict with the strangest looking rubbery skin who puts on a ripped Hawaiin shirt and starts a convo with everyone. Looks like a retarded Greg Allman. 5'6" 140ish.. He does cable crossovers with crazy intensity and talks mad sh!t.

He'z fukking awesome. I love compelling characters like that.

And damn why does Lamar Doom always have the perfect responses to these situations. It's like the Bohmeian types like him completely mock the gym rat race, the socioeconomic rat race, the big diick contents and only value the creative original stuff.

I needa learn to be like that heh.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    I always go out of my way to subtly show them that I lift over double what they can. First I walk up while their benching and give a little scoff while I watch them. Then I ask them to spot me and watch the light go out of their eyes as any masculine pride they may have had just dies inside of them.

Anyone got any better strategies for making sure these bitches don't ever come back to my gym?
    You should really stop trying to impress other males at the gym with how much you lift. Although I doubt you even lift.

So you like your men big and strong? Ok then