Default To double LeBron or not?

I you were the coach?

Would you let LeBron post all he want W/OUT doubling him and tire himself and not let other Cavs be part of the offense?

or

Still double him like what Kerr is instructing his players?

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

Default Re: To double LeBron or not?

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    I you were the coach?

Would you let LeBron post all he want W/OUT doubling him and tire himself and not let other Cavs be part of the offense?

or

Still double him like what Kerr is instructing his players?
    I don't think Kerry is gonna change his strategy. Especially since Lebron will have less time to recover for Gm3 and is unlikely to maintain his 40pt trible double statline. He did the same against Harden and it gave him results. The problem with Harden is that he had a great performance in that series followed by a mediocre game afterwards. Can Lebron stay this consistent throughout the whole series? I doubt it and if he does, then i think Kerry is ready to take that risk.

lol @ this rate they are so depleted I would double LeBron and just beg Delly/JR/TT/Mozgov to beat you

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
    lol @ this rate they are so depleted I would double LeBron and just beg Delly/JR/TT/Mozgov to beat you

Problem is, LeBron would still drop 20+ on you even if you double him right away and he's too good on making passes that makes his teammates be involve on the offense and it causes a lot of problem for the Warriors.

We've seen it on Game 2. James Jones, Shumpert, Mozgov were able to score and get their offense going.

LeBron court vision is just too good.
    Last edited by dbugz; 06-08-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

No. The other players can't do anything but catch and shoot...why allow them to?
    Last edited by RoundMoundOfReb; 06-08-2015 at 05:53 AM.

no but they need to pressure the ball the same way the cav's were.

if they deny LeBron the ball and double team him at mid court they will get plenty of turnovers or bad shots with JR, Delly and Shump handling the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    Problem is, LeBron would still drop 20+ on you even if you double him right away and he's too good on making passes that makes his teammates be involve on the offense and it causes a lot of problem for the Warriors.

We've seen it on Game 2. James Jones, Shumpert, Mozgov were able to score and get their offense going.

LeBron court vision is just too good.
    I mean I wouldn't double him the whole game, more or less in those moments where say his supporting cast is in a shooting slump and he is clearly is about to go in 1v5 mode, start doubling his ass and get him flustered. We've seen teams in the past mix it up with their defense towards him and drive him to the point of just straight up quitting on his team. Don't think it'd happen this year but it's still an effective strategy nonetheless.
    Last edited by JerrySeinfeld; 06-08-2015 at 05:58 AM.