Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation So I played a game vs Steve Nash today :)

Every morning, before I go to work, I like to play a few pickup games at these courts in Tribeca (for you New Yorkers, it's the courts right near BMCC and Stuyvesant High School) I usually play from about 6 to 7 in the morning, and go home to get ready for work. This morning, Steve Nash was at the court. I didn't realize it was him because I saw him from the back, and he had short hair(my mental image of Nash had always been long hair). I also didn't think Nash was that tall, but he was a good 4 or 5 inches on me( im 5'10").

I was already heading towards his court to shoot around with him, and then I realize it was Steve Nash. First, my jaws felt like they were going to drop, but I got past that, and just asked if I could shoot around. We played a game(I won't even mention score), and he said he had to leave. I didn't want to ask for an autograph, and it would seem gay to just take a picture of him, so I didn't.

I know many of you won't believe this, and that's fine, I wouldn't either, but whatever, doesn't matter, I just felt that I had to share the experience. He was pretty nice, ignoring like six high school kids (presumably from the HS nearby) videotaping us with their cell phones. I play pickup there every morning, if I see one of those students around, I'll try to find out if I can get the footage of us playing.

One last note, aren't NBA players not allowed to play pickup ball? Isn't it in their contracts or something, to prevent injury?

Serious playground baller

Default Re: So I played a game vs Steve Nash today :)

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    Every morning, before I go to work, I like to play a few pickup games at these courts in Tribeca (for you New Yorkers, it's the courts right near BMCC and Stuyvesant High School) I usually play from about 6 to 7 in the morning, and go home to get ready for work. This morning, Steve Nash was at the court. I didn't realize it was him because I saw him from the back, and he had short hair(my mental image of Nash had always been long hair). I also didn't think Nash was that tall, but he was a good 4 or 5 inches on me( im 5'10").

I was already heading towards his court to shoot around with him, and then I realize it was Steve Nash. First, my jaws felt like they were going to drop, but I got past that, and just asked if I could shoot around. We played a game(I won't even mention score), and he said he had to leave. I didn't want to ask for an autograph, and it would seem gay to just take a picture of him, so I didn't.

I know many of you won't believe this, and that's fine, I wouldn't either, but whatever, doesn't matter, I just felt that I had to share the experience. He was pretty nice, ignoring like six high school kids (presumably from the HS nearby) videotaping us with their cell phones. I play pickup there every morning, if I see one of those students around, I'll try to find out if I can get the footage of us playing.

One last note, aren't NBA players not allowed to play pickup ball? Isn't it in their contracts or something, to prevent injury?

sounds like a day maker..
    i believe u

Steve played B-ball at 6 in the morning an in NY, was it for charity?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Steve played B-ball at 6 in the morning an in NY, was it for charity?
    No, he was just shooting around when I got there. It wasn't an event or anything.

What was Steve doing in New York playing pickup at 6am? I know what it feels like to tell something very cool thats not totally believeable, so I'll give you benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. It's just a wee bit farfetched.

Like why was he in New York? Did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Koscik
    What was Steve doing in New York playing pickup at 6am? I know what it feels like to tell something very cool thats not totally believeable, so I'll give you benefit of the doubt, until proven otherwise. It's just a wee bit farfetched.

Like why was he in New York? Did he say?
    It's alright if you think it's far fetched, I'd accuse somebody outright of lying. Maybe he has a home in NY for the off season, to get away from Phoenix heat?

I didn't ask why he was in NY, I barely acknowledged to him that I was excited as hell, lol.

plz post the score :)

That sweet. What did you guys play 1 on 1? Did you ask for any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    plz post the score :)
    Lets just say he is incapable of missing on 9 feet rims, and an opponent a good 5 inches shorter

Haha fair enough, sounds like a hell of a time. In alaska, i never get the priveledge of meeting NBA players, much less playing with them! Must've been a great experience! I'm jealous

he's in NY with D'Antoni

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    That sweet. What did you guys play 1 on 1? Did you ask for any pointers?
    No, I didn't really want to annoy him. We just talked about the good weather (it was still dark outside, and it wasn't steaming hot at 6 AM :) ) Very chill guy, not snobby at all, and willing to make conversation(even if it was just about the weather)

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    he's in NY with D'Antoni
    Nash to NY? You heard it here first

are you sure it wasn't a dream?

[COLOR="White"]haha jk good stuff[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    are you sure it wasn't a dream?

[COLOR="White"]haha jk good stuff[/COLOR]
    Yes, lol. Getting killed at basketball is more painful then a pinch, and yes, I felt it