Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #31
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Yeah Barry was fouled but it was still a dumb play call by Popovich

Barry would have had three shots if he would have pulled up immediately instead of taking a dribble and then taking the contact. Fisher did not go straight up. He was falling into Barry. It was actually a HORRIBLE defensive play on his part and, if Barry would have had his senses about him, he would have been at the line for three free throws to win the game. I'm not sure what Fisher was thinking, there. Jumping into a defender 30+ feet away from the basket with two seconds left?

I don't mind the no-call, but if Barry goes up with the shot, that would have been clear contact and three shots.

As for the Fisher 'rim shot' (lol). I haven't seen one replay that shows me the trajectory of the ball changed when it went by the rim. In real-time, it looked like an airball. When they did the overhead shot, it looked like an airball.

Those are the only two shots I saw.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:05 AM   #32
letsdothis
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
He was lying if you ask me.

nice.

he has no incentive to lie, but i guess it's possible.
letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #33
DatZNasty
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAP Remix
Datz is more of a Kome fan than a Dallas fan.
What would give you the idea I'm a Kobe fan?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:06 AM   #34
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

KoMe? I love it, because he is all about himself.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #35
gts
shhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
it would have been three freethrows. If he had hit all of them there would not been an over time. We will never know. Joey Crawford hates the Spurs and hates, hates, hates Tim Duncan why the NBA would ever allow him to officiate another Spurs game other than to fix the game I have no idea. I hope the Lakers win out and then we get to put the asterisk right back on phill jackson the sorry SOB who originated the term. Personally I would appreciate if the Spurs did not even fly to LA in protest but that is not going to happen. BTW for those who say they would not have called it, the refs being inconsistent is why the NBA is in such a damn mess right now. If it is a foul in the first quarter it is stilla foul at the end of the game period.
i realize you're upset, but you're better than that... i always respect your posts but this one is kinda reaching...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:07 AM   #36
IllegalD
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
it would have been three freethrows. If he had hit all of them there would not been an over time. We will never know. Joey Crawford hates the Spurs and hates, hates, hates Tim Duncan why the NBA would ever allow him to officiate another Spurs game other than to fix the game I have no idea. I hope the Lakers win out and then we get to put the asterisk right back on phill jackson the sorry SOB who originated the term. Personally I would appreciate if the Spurs did not even fly to LA in protest but that is not going to happen. BTW for those who say they would not have called it, the refs being inconsistent is why the NBA is in such a damn mess right now. If it is a foul in the first quarter it is stilla foul at the end of the game period.

STFU you f*cking b*tch!

Take the loss like a man. Just face it, ur Spurs are old and done. The game was NOT decided on that last play. Spurs had the FT disparity go their way ALL GAME LONG. Fisher's shot before that hit the rim, it would've been the ball, new shot-clock, forcing the Spurs to foul us.

Even your coach and players say they wouldn't have made that call.

Grown-a$$ men crying REF CONSPIRACY
IllegalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #37
Jimmy2k8
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07

Still recovering from that 65 point game he had against your team? Oh well. Your team will never reach the top of LA.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 AM   #38
High Potential
Best poster ever

Seriously, someone needs to mention the last time such a week call like that was called in the closing seconds of a playoff game. Not to mention even if barry had got the call he wouldn't have gotten 3 free throws, only 2. Spurs would have lost in overtime anyways. Quit whining until you can name the last time such a weak call like that was called in the last seconds of a playoff game.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #39
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
A) the ball ending up in Barry's hand was not that bad. If Fisher was a little late Barry would have gotten his shot off cleanly. Not the end of the world for him to get it.

B) that was definitely a foul on Barry.

C) what bugs me the most about the "no call" is that the foul genuinely impeded Barry's stride. there was nothing fake about it. no flop, or anything questionable. you have to call that IMO. that's what the rules are for. **** this "oh they were playing badly anyways" - refs aren't supposed to be thinking that, or enforcing (or rather, not enforcing) the rules by that.

D) even a non-shooting foul would have been a sufficient call IMO. regardless of whether Barry should have "sold it" or not, he was fouled.

E) I don't agree with the refs "deciding the game", but in this case, it was such a clear bump, aka foul. It's controversial NOT to call it and everybody knows it. that defines a true foul to me.

F) it's a shame that the refs didn't witness the ball hitting the rim on that last Kobe shot, but that was very close and hard to see. regardless, it would have changed the Lakers' gameplan going into the play of course, had they been able to run out the clock.

As a Laker fan, I'm agreeing with much of what you posted.
With respect to refs "deciding the game"...a no-call also decides the game (potentially).

However, traditionally, they swallow their whistle in those last seconds.

Point F) is critical. If the Lakers got the 24 sec clock..they would be shooting FTs and likely up 3 or 4....and Barry's shot never happens.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:10 AM   #40
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsdothis
nice.

he has no incentive to lie, but i guess it's possible.

His face was like a stone, he didn't want to embellish on anything. Just seemed like he was going through the motions.

The next question in the interview was even (paraphrasing), "are you just saying you agree with the call, because THAT'S how it was called. You are just going to live with it?". And Popovich just stares at him.

I just think he has too much class to admit that the refs fcking blow in nationally televised interview.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #41
jmill
Oh Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
As for the Fisher 'rim shot' (lol). I haven't seen one replay that shows me the trajectory of the ball changed when it went by the rim. In real-time, it looked like an airball. When they did the overhead shot, it looked like an airball.

The ball hit the rim. If you'd like to bet otherwise let me know, I'll go as high as you'd like.
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 AM   #42
gpfanz
National High School Star

Quote:

I dont like the me myself & I Kobe either + i think he took an ill advised shot with 2 seconds remaining in the game?

But his team still won without refs giving him all the calls in this series so..
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #43
baseketball4life
NBA All-star

i think the call was ok, but i think Barry messed the whole play up, if you look at it again you will see Horry was wide open for the pass back. There was enough time and i think Horry may have hit that open 3 for the win....
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #44
jmill
Oh Indeed

lol, from a Spurs fan even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuisGod
I've come down off my momentary tilt and the call isn't the reson the Spurs lost the game. Fish's shot did hit the rim. So they got their break at that point.

More importantly they had plenty of chances and made a lot of mistakes at crucial junctures. Theyd didn't get much from anyoen but Tim, Tony, Bowen and Barry. They just need more from Manu especially and from Finley Udoka and Horry as well.

Offensive rebounds killed this team tonight right down to the bitter end..
jmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #45
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Quote:

Kobe was the team's leader in assists, averaging 50% more than any other Laker.
During this post season, the same is holding true.

If you haven't figured it out already, all he cares about is winning championships. I realize that's difficult for a Blazer fan to comprehend. :)
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: