Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Dr. J has bigger hands than Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    depends on your monitor size, screen resolution..
    There's usually an option in browsers to view the native size.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Wayne Embry[/IMG]
    His hand length measurements are unknown (I suspect in the 9.5 inch range though)

but his hand spread is a known 12 inches thumb to pinky

Wilt Chamberlain's hands for reference, 9.5 by 11.5 inches and he could palm a 16lb Bowling ball, something Michael Jordan attempted but could not duplicate with his own big hands on Jay Leno not too long ago.

When Embry met that guy, he met him for the sole purpose of checking out his hands and he said only Hawkins and Julius had hands in a similar size range as himself. Julius in recent interview talked about how when he first met Kareem Kareem couldn't stop looking at his hands cause his hands were a little bit bigger than Kareem's.

Remember C-Webb saying that Doc was the only player he had seen with bigger hands than himself.

"I'm just curious,'' Embry said. "I might be the only person here with hands bigger than yours.''

Then it was on. Embry extended his outstretched hand, and Vonleh matched up his.

"Oh, my,'' Embry said.

"I got him,'' Vonleh said to the laughs of reporters gathered around the pair.

"Wait a minute, you've got to come a little wider, son,'' Embry said.

But the results were obvious.

"Oh my God,'' Embry said at the size of Vonieh's fingers. "They're longer.''

The youngster tried to be respectful. "We're about the same size,'' he said.

In truth, their span was about the same, but Vonleh's fingers were a bit longer. Embry was surprised -- but gracious in defeat, telling the young man to use his hands to his advantage.
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....ianas_noa.html

Wayne had a more volumous fatter looking hand, like his fingers weren't as long but they were extremely thick and his thumb did indeed look as if it might have naturally given him at least the same if not wider spread

But the rest of the kids fingers were def longer by at least a half inch. I think a wider hand is more beneficial than a longer hand though

Shaq had hands 11 inches long by 9 inches spread

Wilt had hands 9.5 inches long by 11.5 inches spread

Wilt looked to palm the ball easier than Shaq despite them having almost the same size hands in volume

*EDIT* Actually I clicked the link, Embry's handspread was a known 12 inches Vonleh's measured 11.75 so he's still got a quarter inch on Vonleh's hand spread.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-14-2015 at 11:12 PM.