Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #16
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dade
Posts: 2,533
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

I think the whole Lakers team is a B*tch move", same thing with the Celtics over the past 2 years.
These bullshit trades creating these teams are B*tch moves too.

So I guess it evens things out.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 AM   #17
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 20,740
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO

uh no dumbshyt.. it applies across the board... do you even know what years those three played together? better go look that up kid. it was a long time before you were born.



SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 20,740
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
I think the whole Lakers team is a B*tch move", same thing with the Celtics over the past 2 years.
These bullshit trades creating these teams are B*tch moves too.

So I guess it evens things out.

i disagree because those moves that were made were done through trades, etc.... not done through collaborating in free agency... very different to me.



SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
game385
I rule the local playground
 
game385's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 517
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO

Yeah and another thing about the Chamberlin-West comparison is the fact that was an inside outside combination. Traditionally that's how title contenders are built and its not that huge a deal for the arguably 1st and 2nd best players in the league to be on the same team if one is a big man and the other is a guard or perimeter player.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #20
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 28,004
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
i disagree because those moves that were made were done through trades, etc.... not done through collaborating in free agency... very different to me.




Agreed. Trading nothing for Pau Gasol was fair.

But players signing to a team isn't fair.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #21
poido123
Down with GLOBALISM
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16,286
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

if bron bosh and wade teamed up, i would go for any team to beat them, would be david vs goliath, and it would be the only way you would see me rooting for lakers and kobe...if lakers could beat this super team, i would boost kobe's credentials to near jordan's, cant believe im saying that, ewww....
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn
 
ZHAKIDD532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ/NY
Posts: 2,941
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Magic played with Worthy and Kareem, what's your point?
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
SoCalMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 20,740
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Agreed. Trading nothing for Pau Gasol was fair.

But players signing to a team isn't fair.

Dude, it was a trade... there's a huge difference... why are people so dense?

And its not just the Lakers... see what the Celtics did with their big 3, and even what Dallas did last season... they picked up great talent for basically nothing. Its called being a savvy GM.


SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:54 AM   #24
game385
I rule the local playground
 
game385's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 517
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
i disagree because those moves that were made were done through trades, etc.... not done through collaborating in free agency... very different to me.




Yeah, I agree. These players calloborating in Free Agency like this, would be more of an indictment on they're competitive integrity.

Particularly LeBron b/c it's already Wade's team and he already led them to a title. Bosh isn't on their level and is probably best suited for being a great second or third option so it doesn't hurt him at all. LeBron's legacy takes the major hit in this scenario

Last edited by game385 : 07-07-2010 at 10:58 AM.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dade
Posts: 2,533
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Agreed. Trading nothing for Pau Gasol was fair.

But players signing to a team isn't fair.


Dont forget Marc Gasol. He evened the trade out....................
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #26
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Land of 6 NBA titles
Posts: 52,519
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by game385
Yeah, I agree. These players calloborating in Free Agency like this, is more of an indictment on they're competitive integrity.

Are you Lakers fan/Kobe fan? Only a Lakers/Kobe fan would be afraid if LeWadeBosh play on the same team.

1960's Celtics, 1980's Lakers and Celtics and 1990's Chicago Bulls dominated the NBA because they were head and shoulders above any teams in the NBA.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #27
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?
 
bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 11,113
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
I think the whole Lakers team is a B*tch move", same thing with the Celtics over the past 2 years.
These bullshit trades creating these teams are B*tch moves too.

So I guess it evens things out.


only 2 players on the Lakers have ever been all-stars.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #28
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 28,004
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Dude, it was a trade... there's a huge difference... why are people so dense?

And its not just the Lakers... see what the Celtics did with their big 3, and even what Dallas did last season... they picked up great talent for basically nothing. Its called being a savvy GM.



Got ya. Persuading good players to play for your team isn't being a good GM. Makes sense.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:02 AM   #29
Jasper
Bucks Brigade
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 12,834
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by game385
Did Magic go play with Bird? Did Barkley or Malone try to play with Michael? Hell, did Michael try to go play with Magic prior to 91? Or maybe a better question is, had the opportunity ever presented itself during the prime of their playing careers, would they? I sincerely believe that the answer to that question is not just no, but "Hell No!" Even Kobe wanted to prove himself as a leader & champion beyond Shaq's shadow.

Of course we won't know his plans until tomorrow night, but today for the sake of argument going to Miami would be the biggest hit to LeBron's brand and his all-time legacy.

Regardless of how many championships they win, LeBron in Miami (w/ Wade & Bosh) never garners the same level of respect or admiration as Kobe let alone MJ.

Wade should be his rival (even if they're friends off the court). Fleeing to Miami to go play with a player so close in talent is an unjustifiable b*tch move. It screams not only can I not get it done alone (b/c no-one ever really does) but I can't get it done being the man at all.
This arguement has been stated before.
Lets jump on your bandwagon Laker team , way before you were born , but I was watching , Jerry West , Gail Goodrich ,and oh yea that other guy - Wilt.
How bout my team of that weak era - Oscar Robertson and Bobby Dandridge , and oh yea hum Jabbar.
Lets jump further head to one of your teams ... Majic , Worthy and oh yea Jabbar.
Lets jump ahead again with your team - Shaq and oh yea your small robin Kobe.
Lets jump over to Boston for a second - Mchale , Parrish , and oh yea Bird.
How bout we jump ahead to the last Boston champs - Pierce , Ray Ray and oh yea Garnet.
Lets jump ahead to your current Laker team - Pau , Odom and oh yea Kobe .

Wake up folks , the NBA has stars and all of the above championships (MANY) had all of the above HOF'ers.

So you want to dis what D-wade and Miami is doing

Why don't you call Buess tell him to strip the Laker team , and have Kobe prove that he can carry a team into the playoff's and win a championship.


Sometimes I just have to wonder if any of you actually look at history
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #30
game385
I rule the local playground
 
game385's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 517
Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Are you Lakers fan/Kobe fan? Only a Lakers/Kobe fan would be afraid if LeWadeBosh play on the same team.

1960's Celtics, 1980's Lakers and Celtics and 1990's Chicago Bulls dominated the NBA because they were head and shoulders above any teams in the NBA.

Nope. As a matter of fact I think the Lakers would beat this team in the finals this year, but after that who knows. My "gripe" if you will, with this scenario is merely that it forever damages LeBron James' legacy. It calls to question his competitive nature, his will, desire, and confidence in his own ability to lead a team to a championship(s).

Last edited by game385 : 07-07-2010 at 11:07 AM.
game385 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy