Default Anthony Morrow looking at Toronto?

Just read an article on NBC sports saying he is deciding. Between teams like Toronto, Miami, LA Clippers, Washington and Phoenix. All would be using their MLE. Also reported by David Aldridge. I'd paste the link but on the cell.

Default Re: Anthony Morrow looking at Toronto?

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I like Morrow but I don't see how he fits. He's one of the best shooters in the entire league but doesn't do anything else and I guess that's why he hasn't found more minutes lately.

With Derozan, Williams, Ross and Vasquez... there just wouldn't be any minutes for him. He's too small to guard the 3-spot and not much of a ball-hanlder.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I like Morrow but I don't see how he fits. He's one of the best shooters in the entire league but doesn't do anything else and I guess that's why he hasn't found more minutes lately.

With Derozan, Williams, Ross and Vasquez... there just wouldn't be any minutes for him. He's too small to guard the 3-spot and not much of a ball-hanlder.

That's why he fits.

He's the deadly three ball sitting at the end of the bench. Basically a better Steve Novak.

But for the full MLE? No way in hell.

Morrow signed with the Thunder.

Raptors need to go after another C if they don't feel Lucas Nogueria is going to contribute right away. Find someone to take Landry Fields and get back some assets or even a guy who can contribute right now. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone could happen too.

Hoping Masai has move that will helps round off this roster.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

Raptors need to go after another C if they don't feel Lucas Nogueria is going to contribute right away. Find someone to take Landry Fields and get back some assets or even a guy who can contribute right now. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone could happen too.

Hoping Masai has move that will helps round off this roster.
    For a C, what do you think about Hassan Whiteside? He's supposedly more mature and focused on his career than he was when he was drafted, and is up to about 270 lbs. He tore it up in China last year(who doesn't? lol) and he looked alright in SL, pulling down 11 boards and blocking a couple shots.

He's still only 25 and was once considered a possible lottery pick. Didn't play today, but if he has more strong SL showings, I think he's worth a camp invite and chance to make the regular season roster.

Quote Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
    For a C, what do you think about Hassan Whiteside? He's supposedly more mature and focused on his career than he was when he was drafted, and is up to about 270 lbs. He tore it up in China last year(who doesn't? lol) and he looked alright in SL, pulling down 11 boards and blocking a couple shots.

He's still only 25 and was once considered a possible lottery pick. Didn't play today, but if he has more strong SL showings, I think he's worth a camp invite and chance to make the regular season roster.
    My only negative about Hassan was that he had trouble scoring (1-5), when your supposed be a post up player, you have to be more effective than that. I think we need a consistent post up player to back up Jonas. I can see him getting spot, but I've also seen other options on being rumored on the market. These are the main candidates:

Andray Blatche
    Emeka Okafor
    Ed Davis
    Chris Andersen

I think there is heavy interest in Blatche from Masai. While I don't really like Blatche, he does address some of needs. He'll turn 28 in about a month and will come at a cheap deal. It's more or less similar to the James Johnson signing. If he pulls any stunts, he gets to ride the pine. I could see Hassan get roster spot, but I would like to see what else Masai can do unload some of the current players that don't fit.

If he can get someone to bite and take Fields and Hayes (I like him, but only as mentor, 3rd stringer), were in real good position.