Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Enes Kanter wont play in NBA London game because he might be killed by Turkish spies

https://twitter.com/stevepopper/stat...724375040?s=21

Steve Popper @StevePopper
    Kanter said he will not be able to go to London. Said he’s Afraid he could be killed by spies for Turkish President.
    LOS ANGELES -- Enes Kanter will not travel to London when the New York Knicks play the Washington Wizards on Jan. 17, saying he fears for his life because of his ongoing clash with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Kanter, a native of Turkey, has been an outspoken critic of the Turkish government and Erdogan. A Knicks team official said Kanter won't travel because of a visa issue, but Kanter said he did not feel safe making the trip.

"Sadly, I'm not going because of that freaking lunatic, the Turkish president," Kanter said after the Knicks' 119-112 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. "There's a chance that I can get killed out there. So that's why I talked to the [Knicks'] front office. I'm not going.
    This is messed up yo.

Default Re: Enes Kanter wont play in NBA London game because of Turkish spies

How is that different from travelling in US tho? Turkish spies can go to London but not US?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    How is that different from travelling in US tho? Turkish spies can go to London but not US?
    It's about repercussion me think, if Turkish assassins killed him in the US, America would make the whole country of Turkey rue it for generations. UK on the other hand is ruled by a weak leader and has been on the decline for over a century, all they would do in case of such scenario is issuing a few condemnations.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: Enes Kanter wont play in NBA London game because he might be killed by Turkish spies

He's being a bit paranoid.

It could happen in the USA and be made to look like an accident without any blow back whatsoever..

I don't think the Turkish president cares about him as much as he thinks he does.

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Default Re: Enes Kanter wont play in NBA London game because he might be killed by Turkish spies

What a *****, he really think he's that important lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    He's being a bit paranoid.

It could happen in the USA and be made to look like an accident without any blow back whatsoever..

I don't think the Turkish president cares about him as much as he thinks he does.
    i think so too, especially with the Saudi assassination shit that blew up recently.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

If you know ANYTHING about current events or Erdogan, you'd know that tho isn't that far fetched...

We Americans and other "westerners" get to live in our little bubble where everything is sweet. Not like that for other people...

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    i think so too, especially with the Saudi assassination shit that blew up recently.
    Are you really comparing a guy being murdered at a consulate to a guy dying of an "accident"?

You're a clown.

Kanter's parents had to publicly disown him and his own father was jailed and forced him to change his last name in order of the government. Y'all are taking this way to lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Kanter's parents had to publicly disown him and his own father was jailed and forced him to change his last name. Y'all are taking this way to lightly.
    I'm not saying that he wouldn't feel the heat really badly and that he wouldn't likely be taken and murdered if he were in Turkey. It's likely if not a certainty.

But if you want to pretend that a guy as unimportant to the world as Enes Kanter, even while on US soil, isn't easily touchable and able to be killed via an "accident", well, we just have very different world views... nothing else to be said.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth

A lot more Turks close by. A lot more Muslim radicals in the UK. The US would certainly put "extreme pressure" on any spy in their custody, while the Brits would put him in a suite, ask him politely if he had any information to give, then serve him with tea and crumpets if he refused.

Why do you think Salman Rushdie is still breathing? He moved to the US from the UK. Muslim extremists did manage to kill one of his book's translators in Japan, stab another one in Italy, and shoot the book's publisher 3 times in Norway though.

I'm not saying that he wouldn't feel the heat really badly and that he wouldn't likely be taken and murdered if he were in Turkey. It's likely if not a certainty.

But if you want to pretend that a guy as unimportant to the world as Enes Kanter, even while on US soil, isn't easily touchable and able to be killed via an "accident", well, we just have very different world views... nothing else to be said.
    Oh please, you think the US will be OK with something like that going down on their own soil? Especially since it will be investigated to death... because of what we know.

How often do 'accidents' happen where an NBA player is murdered? Let me rephrase that, how often do accidents happen to someone that has been threatened in the past? I know car accidents or plane crashes happen. But Kanter is a marked man

I know it's easy to criticize him for doing this, especially when none of have ever been in danger like he has. But things ain't so smooth in other countries.

Are you really comparing a guy being murdered at a consulate to a guy dying of an "accident"?

You're a clown.
    What "accident" are you talking about? Kanter is a high profile Turkish athlete and an Erdogan basher, he is also a millionaire capable of employing the best personal security. You think ****ing Turkish assassins can get to him, kill him and make it look like an accident as well? You watch too much Bollywood

Yeah people that are taking this lightly are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    What a *****, he really think he's that important lmao
    Look up what happened to his parents