Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: "what is a man" response to Gillette

clockwork.

[QUOTE]Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) was upgraded by Zacks Investment Research from a

NBA Legend

Macmac, tpols, I appreciate the effort guys, I really do. Youre tryna do what I do and it

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Macmac, tpols, I appreciate the effort guys, I really do. Youre tryna do what I do and it

NBA Legend

[QUOTE=macmac]Of course I understand , writing a memoir can be excruciating work.

Then again, if Insidehoops essays and meltdowns are part of it (I

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Macmac, tpols, I appreciate the effort guys, I really do. Youre tryna do what I do and it

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    You really have to go outside more. Not a single kid these days says anything other than "Curry" when they shoot.

Which is exaclty what

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    clockwork.

fauxrage only ever leads to more sales for whoever's being "boycotted".

every time.

They've lost 8 billion since the ad took place. They were trying to capture the "millennial" share of the market but just ended up turning off their existing customers.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...metoo-campaign

[QUOTE]Gillette CEO Gary Coombe said he does not regret his company's controversial marketing campaign targeted at the #MeToo movement even though the company has taken an $8 billion hit.

Coombe called it a "price worth paying" in a Monday interview with Marketing Week. Procter & Gamble, the parent company of Gillette, announced Tuesday they had taken over $5 billion in losses for the quarter, after Gillette had an $8 billion noncash writedown. P&G led by Gillette has seen its market share for razors fall over the last three years.

Coombe admitted #MeToo ad the company put out in January was a ploy to capture market share among millennials, a space in which they were losing market share to Harry's and Dollar Shave Club.

In January, Gillette ran the short film "We Believe: The Best Men Can Be" which took on "toxic masculinity" and the #MeToo movement. Some criticized the ad for "virtue signaling" and making broad generalizations about male behavior. In May, Gillette also ran an ad depicting a man teaching his transgender son how to shave for the first time.

"It was pretty stark: we were losing share, we were losing awareness and penetration, and something had to be done," he said, adding they decided to "take a chance in an emotionally-charged way."

[B]Coombe admitted the work ended up to be more controversial with more "intense" backlash then he originally anticipated but said it was "less provocative" than other versions they had created.

"I don