Default Article re: Westbrook as worst shooter

[QUOTE]Westbrook is having the single worst 3-point shooting season in the history of the NBA.

No one who has taken as many threes per game as Westbrook has ever made them at a lower rate. The NBA record for such bad 3-point shooting in a season is 27%. Westbrook would wear Zubaz to shoot 27%. He is currently shooting 23%.

He

Default Re: Article re: Westbrook as worst shooter

Westbrook surely shouldn't be chucking 4.6 threes a game at that percentage.

His FT% is crap this year also (not Lonzo bad but not good for Westbrook caliber player).

I guess not all modern players are more skilled at shooting.

He needs to stop shooting them like Simmons or Giannis. Barkley is pretty impressive too, with a career .266 from 3 with over 2,000 total attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Westbrook surely shouldn't be chucking 4.6 threes a game at that percentage.

His FT% is crap this year also (not Lonzo bad but not good for Westbrook caliber player).

I guess not all modern players are more skilled at shooting.
    How many players fall off like that in shooting without a major injury? Westbrook was always a 80+%FT shooter and was an average/streaky mid-range/3PT shooter. Scoring-wise, he's completely fallen off a cliff since his MVP season.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    How many players fall off like that in shooting without a major injury? Westbrook was always a 80+%FT shooter and was an average/streaky mid-range/3PT shooter. Scoring-wise, he's completely fallen off a cliff since his MVP season.
    It is pretty odd to say the least, I wonder what the heck is going on perhaps just an off season for him and he will bounce back next year or during the playoffs?

Saw on reddit last week, most of his 3s are taken when the team is down 10+. So I get what he's doing, he tries getting everyone involved in close games but when it isn't working, he's trying to chuck them into games. It happened so often in his MVP season but not much since. Meanwhile you look at someone like Curry, dude takes the majority of his with a 10+ lead

I too hope he cuts down on his 3s, he's never had the form to be a long distance shooter. Maybe take 1 a game, and if you hit it you can take another up until you miss.

Yeah, he's on pace to break the records of Mookie Blaylock and Antoine Walker for worst 3pt% on volume 3PA