Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlete

pretty long read, and not much that i didnt already know

the bit about pujols was personally very interesting though, because thats almost exactly how, as a cavs fan, i felt about lebron leaving.

except that i have always thought that he was a douche, even while he was playing on the cavs, he was a douche, but i have always repected him as a player, and i always will. but ive never really respected him as a person, and i probably never will.

my take on the killer intinnct/clutch argument; lebron is a lot worse in the clutch, but i still think that he will win several titles, and it will probably be forgotten. that, or it will retrospectively be seen as some personal adversity that he overcame, even if he doesnt improve his clutch play, so long as he gets some rings.

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlet

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    OP's dumb butt hurt ass can't quantify what "killer instinct" means? It comes from watching the actual games. It's measured in context, not in statistical data. Maybe he's just a box score watcher, but there are plenty of players who aren't statistically dominate who are "clutch", which means having the ability to show up in pressure situations. It's not that difficult to understand. LeBron doesn't have it within him, that's all you need to know.

[/thread]
    Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    Thank god someone who watches sports understands psychology and human mannerisms.

LeBron has ALWAYS been shook. That's why he NEEDED Wade. He even commented on it at times in Cleveland about not wanting to have to take those kind of shots.

LeBron looked in total shock when he made it. He didn't go into the shot KNOWING.

Look at Kobe's game winner v.s. Phoenix in 2006, or Jordan's game winner v.s. Utah in 1997. When they hit it ... they fist pumped, but the look on their face was "yeah, I knew that mother f'er was going in the hole."

Confidence, un-shakable ... never shook.
    Ah, I see. When LeBron meets the "clutch" criteria, you just move the goalposts so that you can continue to bag on him. How convenient. LOL "b-b-b-b-but he didn't have a mean face when he made the shot! he got excited! So he's still not KA-LUTCH!"

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    DNFR = Did not f**king read.

You can tell when something happens that Lebron fans are defensive about because they all run out and create a bunch of long nonsensical posts trying to......

a. Blame someone else

b. Tell you that it's not important

c. Make various escuses

The problem is, everyone saw what happened. Lebron fans are just as childish and insecure as Lebron aka Lebridesmaid. Keep on burying your heads in the sand. lol

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    the bit about pujols was personally very interesting though, because thats almost exactly how, as a cavs fan, i felt about lebron leaving.
    Except Pujols helped bring 2 titles to St.Louis as a very key player and LeBron promised Cleveland he will get them titles, but then left.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Except Pujols helped bring 2 titles to St.Louis as a very key player and LeBron promised Cleveland he will get them titles, but then left.
    Pujols didn't perform well in either ws we won. He also said things that he apparently didn't mean. At least lebron left for a chance To win pujols apparently left for $

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Pujols didn't perform well in either ws we won. He also said things that he apparently didn't mean. At least lebron left for a chance To win pujols apparently left for $
    I'm aware of his performances in the World Series. Which is why I also said as a key player, because as far as I'm concerned right now, the Cardinals aren't making either World Series without him. It's not like were talking about a replacable player here... it's Pujols.

As far as things he didn't mean... which quotes ? I might not too famliar with them, although really I don't know what else he could have left to prove to justify these quotes, whatever they may be (though I would have liked to see him retire in St.Louis... and obviously the Cards fans wanted him to as well...)

Pujols probably did leave for money but he didn't join a bad team either. He'll most definitely make the Angels better on the offensive end. Which means he probably does still have a chance to win...

LeBron has much more to prove and win at the same time. He's got a lot of pressure and lofty expectations, much more than Pujols did. Though, I think ultimately reach them.

Saw a basketball once Ashgar404's Avatar

right

Well thought out post, rare these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OG LeeTSkeeT
    /thread

Post of the year.

raep tiem

Oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    When LeBron James is discussed these days, his alleged lack of "killer instinct" (a term that is, in my opinion, a euphemism for "we can't define X, so we will use a vague term as a cop out when discussing X") is often brought up.
    From what I understand, "killer instinct" is the ability to make angry faces on the court.

Examples:

Killer Instinct

NOT killer instinct

Apparently, that's about it.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Since the merger, who has hit a GW shot at the buzzer to win a game in the NBA finals?

Default Re: RRR3's Incredibly Long Rant on LeBron, "Clutchness", and Being a fan of an Athlet

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm aware of his performances in the World Series. Which is why I also said as a key player, because as far as I'm concerned right now, the Cardinals aren't making either World Series without him. It's not like were talking about a replacable player here... it's Pujols.

As far as things he didn't mean... which quotes ? I might not too famliar with them, although really I don't know what else he could have left to prove to justify these quotes, whatever they may be (though I would have liked to see him retire in St.Louis... and obviously the Cards fans wanted him to as well...)

Pujols probably did leave for money but he didn't join a bad team either. He'll most definitely make the Angels better on the offensive end. Which means he probably does still have a chance to win...

LeBron has much more to prove and win at the same time. He's got a lot of pressure and lofty expectations, much more than Pujols did. Though, I think ultimately reach them.
    Pujols didn't have to prove anything on the field, he just was expected to adhere to the things he told the cardinal fanbase. obviously they are many factors that prevented him from doing this, and I somewhat understand, but I also don't like the way he handled everything. He disappointed us. Also, winning championships in STL dont' mean nearly as much as it would in Cleveland. We had 9 before he was even in the MLB.