Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Jeremy Lin talks about racism

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    4 points 3 assists 25% shooting in 20 mins is not bAd for a pg mAking over 8 mil per yeAr? you're linsAne.
    Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he got into foul trouble. He picked up two fouls in the 1st quarter (2nd was a BS call that should have been a charge on Kobe) and he got pulled. He came in late in the 2nd quarter. Then he started the 2nd half and ended up with his 4th foul in the middle and he got benched again...due to foul trouble. Then Houston started making a run and coming back and Sampson stuck with the group that was on the floor.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Awww poor poor Jeremy, getting paid those coins, and have to deal with those awful remarks and hurtful words?

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he fkin sucks
    Fixed

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Did you even watch the game? Lin didn't get benched due to bad play. He got benched because he got into foul trouble. He picked up two fouls in the 1st quarter (2nd was a BS call that should have been a charge on Kobe) and he got pulled. He came in late in the 2nd quarter. Then he started the 2nd half and ended up with his 4th foul in the middle and he got benched again...due to foul trouble. Then Houston started making a run and coming back and Sampson stuck with the group that was on the floor.
    Okay i posted the amount of time he played so i don't know why you're tAlking about foul trouble. in the 20 minutes he played he wAs terrible. if he hAd played well in those 20 mins he would hAve been on the court in the 4th with 4 fouls.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Fixed

repped

I'm not disagreeing that he sucked that game. He did! But that's not why he got benched. That's all I'm saying. He's shot and played poorly before and didn't get pulled. The only time I can recall him getting benched due to bad play was when he sat out the entire OT of a game because of defense.

Okay i posted the amount of time he played so i don't know why you're tAlking about foul trouble. in the 20 minutes he played he wAs terrible. if he hAd played well in those 20 mins he would hAve been on the court in the 4th with 4 fouls.
    No he wouldn't have. How long have you been watching NBA ball? 2 fouls in the first quarter your ass is on the bench, ESPECIALLY if you're a starter.

4 fouls in the 3rd, your ass is back on the bench again.

He didn't come back in because Douglas was playing well and the Rockets were coming back.

*sigh* Forget it...just going in circles here.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I'm not disagreeing that he sucked that game. He did! But that's not why he got benched. That's all I'm saying. He's shot and played poorly before and didn't get pulled. The only time I can recall him getting benched due to bad play was when he sat out the entire OT of a game because of defense.
    yes it is why he got benched. And this is not even the first time he's been benched. if he wAs playing well he would hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

No he wouldn't have. How long have you been watching NBA ball? 2 fouls in the first quarter your ass is on the bench, ESPECIALLY if you're a starter.

4 fouls in the 3rd, your ass is back on the bench again.

He didn't come back in because Douglas was playing well and the Rockets were coming back.

*sigh* Forget it...just going in circles here.
    umm general rule of thumb about fouls quArter + 1 = bench
    which is why he should hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.

umm general rule of thumb about fouls quArter + 1 = bench
    which is why he should hAve played in the 4th with 4 fouls.
    But Houston was making a run and Douglas was shooting well.

We'll have to agree to disagree but this was more about Douglas playing well and Houston coming back than Lin playing badly.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Asians don't date each other in the US because they are followers who have no opinion and fail to think for themselves. They just go with the flow and do whatever is popular.

I didn't watch the video so someone post the cliffs of it.
    Man to a certain degree you Nailed it, lots Asian countries do not teach critical thinking and taught to follow authority and elders, unlike westen culture. Plus the American's culture is so dominate right now, lots Asian come to America thinking its cool to date a foreigner(particularly white)

However this is completely irrelevant to Lin. That's not he was talking about in the video. and Also often times Lin does not behave like Asian at all. He is born in America, educated here, cannot even speak proper Chinese. He is crazily religious and outspoken, have strong personality. He is so much more American than Asian.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Asians don't date each other in the US because they are followers who have no opinion and fail to think for themselves. They just go with the flow and do whatever is popular.

I didn't watch the video so someone post the cliffs of it.
    Uhhhh....how ignorant are you two?

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    nothing ignorant about it. just a whole bunch of truth. I large percentage of US Asian Women want no parts of Asian Men.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Pretty sure he is the one that is ignorant, not me, but this guy's hate for Lin has led to hate for another race, unless he only hates Lin because of his race .

Top 1 Bball Mind.

But Houston was making a run and Douglas was shooting well.

We'll have to agree to disagree but this was more about Douglas playing well and Houston coming back than Lin playing badly.
    doesn't chAnge the fact thAt if he hAd played well he would hAve played in the 4th.

jeremy lin is probAbly the worst stArting pg in the nbA.