Default Is this how we get Marcus Smart? 3-team trade

http://lakernation.com/to-acquire-ke...troit-pistons/

The trade goes like this.

Lakers: Kevin Love

Pistons: Lakers 7th pick

Minnesota: Monroe via Sign-and-Trade

I think this works out for all sides. Maybe we could get Brandon Jennings thrown in there somehow.

I really like this idea.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Is this how we get Marcus Smart? 3-team trade

This would be a huge win for the Pistons,

But the T'Wolves will be seeking more value for trading Love...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    This would be a huge win for the Pistons,

But the T'Wolves will be seeking more value for trading Love...
    I think the handicap for the Wolves is that Love is very limited on where he wants to go and the Wolves don't want him to walk after next season for nothing. If push comes to shove, I think the Wolves would have to take this deal. When you lose the best player in a trade, you rarely get back equal value.

NBA lottery pick

The Wolves have offers of way better than the 7th pick for Love. What do they care if he's willing to resign? Teams are willing to take a chance even without that guarantee.

Also, the Lakers can't trade their 1st round pick. The rules say you can't trade 1st rounders consecutive years in a row. The most they could do is to have a deal in place and draft for a team. Then they could do a deal later. It's looking as if the Lakers have a pretty good chance at drafting Smart (if he falls that far). I think they're going to hold onto him if they land him.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Monroe + Jennings

for

Smart + Meeks + Hill

NBA lottery pick

Monroe + Jennings

for

Smart + Meeks + Hill
    I think that would get it done. It still leaves us without a SG or SF. I'm still not sold on KCP. He really really really needs to step up his game.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The Wolves have offers of way better than the 7th pick for Love. What do they care if he's willing to resign? Teams are willing to take a chance even without that guarantee.

Also, the Lakers can't trade their 1st round pick. The rules say you can't trade 1st rounders consecutive years in a row. The most they could do is to have a deal in place and draft for a team. Then they could do a deal later. It's looking as if the Lakers have a pretty good chance at drafting Smart (if he falls that far). I think they're going to hold onto him if they land him.
    We can't sign and trade Monroe until the same time LAL could trade their pick, so that's a non issue.

MInnesota would never, ever do this though.

Decent college freshman

Monroe + Jennings

for

Smart + Meeks + Hill
    Monroe cannot be traded in combination with another player and I don't think there has ever been a double sign and trade.

NBA lottery pick

I'm not sure LA would want to do that trade though. I feel like Smart could be the best player involved in that trade, and LA really needs a PG. I'm not sure they'd want a back court of Jennings and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think that would get it done. It still leaves us without a SG or SF. I'm still not sold on KCP. He really really really needs to step up his game.
    I think KCP will be fine. He was a rookie coming onto a team that had no idea how to play with each other. With a legit coach, we should be alright this season and I see him blossoming in his sophmore campaign.

NBA lottery pick

I really do want him to play well. I'm just not sure. He did have a few nice games, but he was completely non-existent sometimes too. He wasn't even a top 10 rookie last year. That kind of scares me. How many all-stars were just scrubs in their rookie campaign? That kind of tells me his ceiling might not be as high as we hope it is. Then the Lance Stephenson rumors (which we all know that I hate) kind of make me think maybe the Pistons aren't sold on him.

Decent college freshman

He flashed good defense and a lot of shooters struggle as rookies, so I'm not too concerned. If he can get that 3 point percentage to where it was in college, we'll be in good shape.