Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Celtics Big Three era comes to an end. What now?

So what would you do if you were in Danny Ainge's shoes?

For me, I will be open to trading anyone especially Rondo. I think Paul should retire a Celtic, and he would still be valuable as a scorer and facilitator at times for the team even 2 years down the road.
    KG is done, for sure. But his massive $20M contract running its last year this season makes him a valuable asset to teams looking to shed salary to entice top free agents in the FA next season.
    I'm not sure what to do with Ray. He is still serviceable, and he is still a great shooter but same as KG, his $10M contract expires after this season so he could be another asset to move as well.
    I would be very open towards trading Rondo. He has a very reasonable price tag (4YEARS, $46M) for an elite PG who is still young and can contribute greatly to contenders.

Like what AMISTILLILL has posted before, I agree with him that we should start rebuilding now than waiting for KG and Ray's contract to expire. Rebuilding process should start ASAP to prepare for the next era in Boston.

So what do you guys think?

Default Re: Celtics Big Three era comes to an end. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    So what would you do if you were in Danny Ainge's shoes?

For me, I will be open to trading anyone especially Rondo. I think Paul should retire a Celtic, and he would still be valuable as a scorer and facilitator at times for the team even 2 years down the road.
    KG is done, for sure. But his massive $20M contract running its last year this season makes him a valuable asset to teams looking to shed salary to entice top free agents in the FA next season.
    I'm not sure what to do with Ray. He is still serviceable, and he is still a great shooter but same as KG, his $10M contract expires after this season so he could be another asset to move as well.
    I would be very open towards trading Rondo. He has a very reasonable price tag (4YEARS, $46M) for an elite PG who is still young and can contribute greatly to contenders.

Like what AMISTILLILL has posted before, I agree with him that we should start rebuilding now than waiting for KG and Ray's contract to expire. Rebuilding process should start ASAP to prepare for the next era in Boston.

So what do you guys think?
    If I was gonna trade Rondo I'd wanna get a superstar wing or big back.

-Smak

trade for draft picks and rebuild

probably trade rondo. pierce should retire a celtic. ray allen should be traded too, he could have some real value on a lot of contenders. im not sure garnett is gonna play after this year, so im not sure what happens with him.

Rondo for....Big Al?

Utah needs a point guard.

Boston needs a young guy to start the next era. and he returns to where it all started!

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    trade for draft picks and rebuild
    Not sure which team will offer a lottery pick unprotected lol. This year's draft seems loaded man

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Rondo for....Big Al?

Boston needs a young guy to start the next era. and he returns to where it all started!
    Rondo+Bass for Millsap+Favors?

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN
    Rondo+Bass for Millsap+Favors?
    Trade GM Rose, only accepts trades that involve getting Big Al out of Utah, when managing Utah.

but if I were unbiased,....yes. maybe.

Aren't Garnett and Allen coming off the books? If so, there's no rush to do anything. They're not making moves that will put them into serious contention this year. Let them expire, figure out what it might be worth to resign one or both. Nobody's going to be beating down their doors offering big deals.

Pierce might be the moving part if a real contender was hit with a decimating injury. You could really maximize his value if a serious contender was to lose their #1 or 2 option.

Rondo stays. In today's NBA you can build faster around the PG position than anywhere else on the floor unless you're talking a generational big man. And there aren't any of those floating around.

NBA Superstar

trading Rondo is tricky because that leaves Avery Bradley who is falkin terrible as your PG. Likely not gonna happen in season.

Get Dallas involved in a 3 team deal, they'd take Garnett for a playoff run and get him off the books so they can pursue Howard and Williams in the summer?

But that is just a guess, not even sure if that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Aren't Garnett and Allen coming off the books? If so, there's no rush to do anything. They're not making moves that will put them into serious contention this year. Let them expire, figure out what it might be worth to resign one or both. Nobody's going to be beating down their doors offering big deals.

Pierce might be the moving part if a real contender was hit with a decimating injury. You could really maximize his value if a serious contender was to lose their #1 or 2 option.

Rondo stays. In today's NBA you can build faster around the PG position than anywhere else on the floor unless you're talking a generational big man. And there aren't any of those floating around.
    Rondo's inconsistency really bothers me. In some games when he is really aggressive, he looks like the best PG in the NBA and yet in the other games, he becomes passive as hell and simply stands around along the perimeter ordering guys around and be contented with it. Honestly I feel that the PG position is really overrated. You cant win a championship with your PG as the primary focus of your offense. Historically maybe only Magic did it, but Magic was really unique unlike modern PGs.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    trading Rondo is tricky because that leaves Avery Bradley who is falkin terrible as your PG. Likely not gonna happen in season.

Get Dallas involved in a 3 team deal, they'd take Garnett for a playoff run and get him off the books so they can pursue Howard and Williams in the summer?

But that is just a guess, not even sure if that would work.
    I'd love to have guys like Jrue Holiday or maybe Lowry running the point. Guys that play hard night in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Rondo for....Big Al?

Has it not been determined yet that Big Al, despite being a good player, is not a guy you can build a franchise around?

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

Rondo and Allen would be perfect pieces for the Pacers to go after.

3-time NBA All-Star

Don't understand why you guys would want to trade him. There's about 10-15 guys I'd trade him for and pretty much none of those guys are available.

Guys i think Boston should try to trade for: David Lee, Paul George, Nicolas Batum.