Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Highest LeBron can be ranked when it is all said and done?

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Lebron was more comfortable in Cleveland because

1) He got all the credit for dragging inferior teams further than they should have gone and

2) He got no blame when they ultimately lost because his teams were not expected to win.

No lose situation.

Now, in Miami it's the exact opposite. Winning 55 games in the regular season won't cut it. The Heat are expected to win. There's a difference between being expected to lose (and excused when it happens) than it is to be expected to win (NO excuses). Whole different kind of pressure.

Statistically speaking, Lebron's having a career year. His team is in 1st place...and no one cares. If he was in Cleveland right now, he'd be the toast of the league. "Too bad Lebron doesn't have the right cast or he'd win 8 titles straight!". Now all everyone cares about is how he does in the Finals. He has a contending team. No excuses. The Finals. That's the only thing that matters. He couldn't handle it last year. This year, the jury's still out.
    Exactly. This is part of the reason his clutch ability seemed to take a complete 180 once he joined the Heat.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

This is actually an interesting question. See the precedent had been set to team up to form these teams. It's just a new era: AAU which leads to a lot of agent sharing which leads to guys teaming up with their buddies.

See I think potentially he could be top-3. And I think as time goes on and this type of thing becomes more and more common people will start to relax off their ill sentiment for him teaming up with two other players of Wade and Bosh's caliber.

But he'll need titles, and FMVPs.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    This is actually an interesting question. See the precedent had been set to team up to form these teams. It's just a new era: AAU which leads to a lot of agent sharing which leads to guys teaming up with their buddies.

See I think potentially he could be top-3. And I think as time goes on and this type of thing becomes more and more common people will start to relax off their ill sentiment for him teaming up with two other players of Wade and Bosh's caliber.

But he'll need titles, and FMVPs.
    I don't think the Wade/Bosh factor matters that much anymore. Wade's on the decline first of all, and will probably be a shell of himself in 2 years or so plus those two are not really that great of a fit anyway. Plus alot of teams now have 2-3 great players such as the Thunder, Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, etc, or there building around 1 superstar with an incredible amount of depth such as the Bulls, Mavs, etc. Bottom line is its not like he has a shortage of competition. He just needs to the beat them. Him joining Wade has shown alot about his mentality though and the lack of competitive nature in this league it seems. Lebron and Wade looked like they were going to have a huge rivalry for the rest of their careers. No way do two players that were that great and that similar join up in previous eras.

LBJ needs to start winning NOW, he's been in the league almost a decade, the wear and tear on his body is not the same if he went to college and started at 22, he has a window of 4 or 5 years tops of athletic prime before he noticibly starts declining.

If he wins 3 or 4 titles with 2 or 3 FMVPs, (Wade can easily win them too), he might go 6-8 all time, I think the ship sailed on top 5 because people will use the 2011 Finals MIA (I read that his 10 pt drop off from reg season pts avg to Finals pts avg was one of the biggest ever in NBA history) as well as other playoffs series where he underperformed against him, fair or not, it is what it is.

When it's all said and done he'll unquestionably be the best player of his generation.

One more MVP and a finals MVP would place him firmly in the top 10, slightly ahead of players such as Moses, Kobe and Jerry West. Another championship and he's easily in the conversation with Shaq and Duncan, arguably ranked ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Lebron was more comfortable in Cleveland because

1) He got all the credit for dragging inferior teams further than they should have gone and

2) He got no blame when they ultimately lost because his teams were not expected to win.

No lose situation.

Now, in Miami it's the exact opposite. Winning 55 games in the regular season won't cut it. The Heat are expected to win. There's a difference between being expected to lose (and excused when it happens) than it is to be expected to win (NO excuses). Whole different kind of pressure.

Statistically speaking, Lebron's having a career year. His team is in 1st place...and no one cares. If he was in Cleveland right now, he'd be the toast of the league. "Too bad Lebron doesn't have the right cast or he'd win 8 titles straight!". Now all everyone cares about is how he does in the Finals. He has a contending team. No excuses. The Finals. That's the only thing that matters. He couldn't handle it last year. This year, the jury's still out.
    Yes... but did Lebron make miracles with that Cavs team immediately? No he didnt... It took a couple of years before everybody was in sync, knew eachothers habbits, had great chemistry, knowing the system and knowing perfectly how to contemplate eachother........

This is the first time in Lebrons life where he has a taste of what Kobe, Bird, Magic and so on had most of their careers on a silverplate.... an actual great team where he doesnt have to be a one many army...

Last season he had to learn how to not be this "one man army" and share the ball and play more of the ball... so did Wade & Bosh... overall that team didnt have great chemistry due to it being their first year together, they were trying very hard to find a way to contemplate eachother and so on..... they got to the Finals and almost won the championship anyways based on raw talent alone.... and they could have still won it if they didnt choke in the clutch....

I didnt say they were gona win a championship last year for the reasons above, and like i said a couple of times this year, this team will win a championship THIS YEAR......... This Miami Heat team today has completed that process..... they are much better in any shape or form...

There is absolutely no excuse anybody can use if Miami Heat doesnt win a championship this year........ no excuse whatsoever......... this is it.... this is the time...... unless one of the big 3 gets injured i dont see how they can not win a championship this year....
    Last edited by pauk; 02-20-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Lebron is just unbelievable. He will go down as one of the five best players to ever play the game when it's all said and done. Last year hardened him, and made him realize that his home is on the court and that's where his legacy will be forged. And his level of play this year is proof of that. It's not an exaggeration to say that the way he's playing this year is right up there with the best the game has ever been played by anybody.
    Of course, he does have to prove it in the finals this year. But I think it's his time. Let's not forget that Jordan didn't win one until he was 28 and Lebron James is...27. So let's have a bit of patience, since this is the clearly the best he's ever played and this is the best team he's ever played for.
    But if he doesn't win one this year, it's not going to get any easier for him.

If he stayed in Cleveland and brought one or two championships to the city you could possibly consider him at top 5. Since moving to Miami if he wins 2-4 championships I think he'll only be considered 5-10. It just isn't as big of a legacy or importance the way he'd win in Miami versus Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Lebron is just unbelievable. He will go down as one of the five best players to ever play the game when it's all said and done. Last year hardened him, and made him realize that his home is on the court and that's where his legacy will be forged. And his level of play this year is proof of that. It's not an exaggeration to say that the way he's playing this year is right up there with the best the game has ever been played by anybody.
    Of course, he does have to prove it in the finals this year. But I think it's his time. Let's not forget that Jordan didn't win one until he was 28 and Lebron James is...27. So let's have a bit of patience, since this is the clearly the best he's ever played and this is the best team he's ever played for.
    But if he doesn't win one this year, it's not going to get any easier for him.

I like your avatar. Best LBJ avatar on Insidehoops.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 02-22-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Troll who tries to provoke you

definitely above Kobe bryant easily.